You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

It's good to chat......

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

Sky Poker, like most Online Rooms, have a chat facility at the Tables.

Sadly, it gets abused - not often, & by a very small minority, but it happens.

The Rail on Saturday's "Big Game" Table was awesome - lots of players railing good-naturedly, & the banter was flying.

Unfortunately, not everyone entered into the spirit of it, & there was some rather unfortunate stuff from one or two Railers, which was disturbing to the players.

A copy of the Chat Log was sent upstairs, & the appropriate action has been taken. It's unlikely that anyone who got out of line the Rail will trouble the Rail further for a while.

I don't have ANY say or authority, in these matters, but it's worth bearing in mind that most of us like chatting when playing, & from time to time - as when JAKALLY won last night's PRIMO - we like to cheer our mates on.

On some sites (& Sky Poker prefer NOT to copy other sites), to be able to observe a Table, or chat on the Rail, you need a minimum amount in your Account. To be able to watch, say, a £10 £20 Cash Game, you need to have £200 in your Account. To watch a £100 Tourney, you need £100 in your Account. That sort of thing.

This idea was discussed here at Sky Poker recently, in a Meeting, & it was decided by plenty to nil to leave things as they are here. It's recognized that Railing is an essential part of the fun, & to impose minimum Deposit levels would unfairly penalise many who have never put a foot wrong.

So, it's a bit of a pain that a few peeps try to spoil it for everyone. Let's hope it was an isolated incident, & if repeated, the Suits will be consistent in how they deal with it.  Otherwise, we all suffer.

Comments

• edited January 2011

Good decision. 

I posted a while back asking what is, and is not acceptable conduct in the chat-box, both as a player, and an observer (of course some things are obviously unacceptable)

I was directed to a page on the site which was very vague, when explaining what sky poker expect from their clients in terms of chat-box behaviour.

I think it would help players alot if a more specific set of rules was drawn up, and posted around the site/forum, and sent to players via email, for them to read, and accept....

....That way, there isn't a grey area, and players have no excuse but to accept responsibility for their actions, no excuses. 

For example - I've played alot here for 18 months, and I still don't know if it is acceptable to declare my hand in the chat box. ???????????? 

• edited January 2011
    Good post Tony! Alas we have chat boxes so will always have the odd idiot so spoil it for the many decent folks on this site.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: It's good to chat......:
    Good decision.  I posted a while back asking what is, and is not acceptable conduct in the chat-box, both as a player, and an observer (of course some things are obviously unacceptable) I was directed to a page on the site which was very vague, when explaining what sky poker expect from their clients in terms of chat-box behaviour. I think it would help players alot if a more specific set of rules was drawn up, and posted around the site/forum, and sent to players via email, for them to read, and accept.... ....That way, there isn't a grey area, and players have no excuse but to accept responsibility for their actions, no excuses.  I will try and find the thread and link it up here..... https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat:57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum:df77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion:d6be8503-da82-44ae-91fc-d782c2ee6413&plckCurrentPage=0 For example - I've played alot here for 18 months, and I still don't know if it is acceptable to declare my hand in the chat box. ???????????? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I cant see any problem if the hand is over as this can not effect any decision by any player as they have made it.
  • edited January 2011

Good Post by Dohhhhhhh, & I'll send it up to the Heads.

Saturday's palaver, though, was just trolling, baiting, & rudeness, & did not involve issues like declaring hands. He was just abusing the players. (It seems many of you saw it).

As to the Rules, I see it as fairly simple - just use our common sense. Nobody can ever be in trouble here for that.

• edited January 2011
    Good Post by Dohhhhhhh, & I'll send it up to the Heads. Saturday's palaver, though, was just trolling, baiting, & rudeness, & did not involve issues like declaring hands. He was just abusing the players. (It seems many of you saw it). As to the Rules, I see it as fairly simple - just use our common sense. Nobody can ever be in trouble here for that.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

Wayne I was told by Lucy77777 - she sent and received loads of emails from customer services, who told her that although they don't encourage it, there is nothing wrong with declaring your cards in the middle of a multi way pot - either if you are still involved, or have folded.

I argued, but she insisted that's what she was told.

Hopefully it will get cleared up soon.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: It's good to chat...... : hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Wayne I was told by Lucy77777 - she sent and received loads of emails from customer services, who told her that although they don't encourage it, there is nothing wrong with declaring your cards in the middle of a multi way pot - either if you are still involved, or have folded. I argued, but she insisted that's what she was told. Hopefully it will get cleared up soon.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    In the rules it probably doesnt specifically mention that cenario but will be covered in other rules to deal with collusion,    my guess is the customer service agent was wrong.

Peter
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: It's good to chat...... : hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Wayne I was told by Lucy77777 - she sent and received loads of emails from customer services, who told her that although they don't encourage it, there is nothing wrong with declaring your cards in the middle of a multi way pot - either if you are still involved, or have folded. I argued, but she insisted that's what she was told. Hopefully it will get cleared up soon.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Maybe this is an etiquette issue rather than a set in stone rule
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to It's good to chat......:
    Sky Poker, like most Online Rooms, have a chat facility at the Tables. Sadly, it gets abused - not often, & by a very small minority, but it happens. The Rail on Saturday's "Big Game" Table was awesome - lots of players railing good-naturedly, & the banter was flying. Unfortunately, not everyone entered into the spirit of it, & there was some rather unfortunate stuff from one or two Railers, which was disturbing to the players. A copy of the Chat Log was sent upstairs, & the appropriate action has been taken. It's unlikely that anyone who got out of line the Rail will trouble the Rail further for a while. I don't have ANY say or authority, in these matters, but it's worth bearing in mind that most of us like chatting when playing, & from time to time - as when JAKALLY won last night's PRIMO - we like to cheer our mates on. On some sites (& Sky Poker prefer NOT to copy other sites), to be able to observe a Table, or chat on the Rail, you need a minimum amount in your Account. To be able to watch, say, a £10 £20 Cash Game, you need to have £200 in your Account. To watch a £100 Tourney, you need £100 in your Account. That sort of thing. This idea was discussed here at Sky Poker recently, in a Meeting, & it was decided by plenty to nil to leave things as they are here. It's recognized that Railing is an essential part of the fun, & to impose minimum Deposit levels would unfairly penalise many who have never put a foot wrong. So, it's a bit of a pain that a few peeps try to spoil it for everyone. Let's hope it was an isolated incident, & if repeated, the Suits will be consistent in how they deal with it.  Otherwise, we all suffer.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Nice one Tikay, and nice of Sky Poker to keep it different from the 'other' sites.