You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

On line poker

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Right, this is not a rant because I have been dumped out of a tournie yet again.  Mind you after lasting only 5 minutes in tonights b/h it as stirred me into making this post.

I have found a flaw in the software used by all poker sites.

Do not take on a bigger stack than you, no matter what cards you are holding.  You see the software favors the larger stack.

It makes sence to have you out quickly and spending your money on another game.

I am not a bad poker player, sometimes I think I am better than I am, but we are all guilty of that.

I am exactly £3,225 up over the last twelve months on live games, but online I use a different tactic.  You see I have on more than one occasion folded premium hands to a larger stack because I know I will be rivered or outkicked.  In live poker you play your hand to it's ability, but you cannot online.

Why not use this to your advantage I hear you say?  I did and won a double stack last month and pocketed £1300.  But you are okay if a bigger stack does not take you on, you can only fold so many hands.

This is not poker, I am sure many of you can tell a tale of bad beats.  It happens more on line because you play more hands is the official line.  Let me tell you I have kept records on hand to bad beat ratio and something is not right.

I am sorry I am ranting but if I had not been knocked out I would be on tilt.  My hand tonight by the way was AA I had 1880 chips I raised to 300 and chip leader called me.  Flop was 7 10 3  I went all in to scare away all possibilities he called me with Q 10.  you guessed it 10 on the turn Q on the river.  I was beat by a flopped full house.  Take it from me this would not have happened if I had the greater stack.  Anyway back for another game, this time down the local pub.  Mick.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    YOU ARE MENTAL
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: On line poker:
    YOU ARE MENTAL
    Posted by scotty77
    Stop beating around the bush!
  • edited January 2011

chip leaders call with varied hands your raise to 300 is either a 3 bet and the blinds were 50/100 but back still chip leaders will call with varied hands because they have the chips to do this. in this situation he hits top pair and your push "regardless" of what hand you have because "he" has top pair he WILL call because he CAN and again he had TOP pair.

i don't think even someone who isn't chip leader could get off that hand really because as far as he knows your push is because you want him off, so it's an insta call him think he is ahead.

now in live play, the exact same call would happen and most probably a different result because it's a different situation but regardless of stack size the hand happened and would happen regardless of the size of a persons stack.