You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I thought Sky Poker Promoted Good Bankroll Management?

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

If this is true, why do I constantly get emails from sky poker saying they’ll give me a bonus of the equivalent to a single buy-in to a cash game if I play so many hands on a cash table where my current bank roll would only provide me with 9 total buy-ins.

Comments

• edited January 2011

Hi biffder,

The amount in a players account rarely equates to their Bankroll. I would hope not, anyway!

• edited January 2011
    generally most players only hold maybe 5% or what a person can call their bankroll, or will have a bankroll management where they will only hold a certain amount of cash at one time, so they do not break there bankroll or just a way to limit themselves.

ie looking at someone on the nosebleeds they might have 10k cash on their account but because they have been so successful will prolly have a lot more in their bank accounts because i mean who would hold ALL of their funds on a betting site, unless you don't trust banks with your money :P.

even then, if you get an advertisement or an offer then it means that you've either been picked up as using the site in that certain way but if you play "slightly" more then you will qualify for a bonus. it's just to say we will reward you because from records you are just short of this target and will be eligible if more hands were played.

just one way i guess sky may be trying to reward it's players by tracking and sending offers.