You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK UTG, faising reraise pre from possible steamy oppo. NL 8

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Oppo had just gone down from £11.50 to his current stack in about 8 hands and had been quite unlucky - getting more agressive as hands went on - had just lost a large amount to an all in on flop, where he called with PP - undercards to board.

What are you doing vs his reraise here, bearing in mind chip stacks.
QQQ Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £5.23
ashman18 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £3.04
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

tapeworm Raise  £0.40 £0.52 £8.24
DODE24 Fold     
xxx Raise  £1.36 £1.88 £1.82
TTT69 Fold     
QQQ Fold     
ashman18 Fold     
tapeworm ???    

Comments

• edited January 2011
    This one is easy, put him all in.

Don't take this the wrong way - but why are you posting this?

Why is there any doubt in your mind about what you should be doing here?

Maybe there is a problem with your mentality/approach, rather than actually knowing what to do in this situation?

• edited January 2011
    As above really, ship it unless you have a reason not to? have they been solid? if they have, have you seen them play aces/kings this way? as they are the only hands you dont want to be up against in a heads up pot
  • edited January 2011

no offense taken.

I should have probably given a bit more info....felt it would give the game away tho.

he had been playing PP of 88+ really strong preflop. due to the previous results I felt he might be tilting.....but also knew this was a high chance of being a pocket pair (he wasnt reraising with AQ+)  a race from behind for my AK - should I be shoving half my stack on this.

I shoved - he had JJ. Which held. Just want to check with this kind of read, should i still be shoving

• edited January 2011
    I didn't really mean that you hadn't given enough information on the guy.

I mean, there is no decision here, it's the easiest shove in the world........ I think you know it too, 

I just wondered why you're doubting yourself - maybe something to do with running bad or something, but maybe not? 

he has 40xbb, and you have ace king - No brainier.

• edited January 2011
    Yeah, I do know - lol.

Was just a little annoyed at myself really because I really felt he had a strong chance of Pocket pair (it was only the fact he was likely on tilt that had me doubting it) and i was likely going in behind to his shove. he turned over JJ and i was like "damn".

just wondering if I could have ....and your gonna sigh tut and roll eyes at this!! Folded due to villans previous play with Pockets.

But yeah your right its a shove all day.....never mind next hand!!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: AK UTG, faising reraise pre from possible steamy oppo. NL 8:
    Yeah, I do know - lol. Was just a little annoyed at myself really because I really felt he had a strong chance of Pocket pair (it was only the fact he was likely on tilt that had me doubting it) and i was likely going in behind to his shove. he turned over JJ and i was like "damn". just wondering if I could have ....and your gonna sigh tut and roll eyes at this!! Folded due to villans previous play with Pockets. But yeah your right its a shove all day.....never mind next hand!!
    Posted by tapeworm
    we are still flipping with a pair so it's not the end of the world...cheer up!
  • edited January 2011
    ship it, learn to win races
  • edited January 2011
    Last 3 AKs I have shipped ran into AA..... :(
  • edited January 2011
    This isnt even a decision tapeworm. Its the easiestship in easyville.