You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Sit n Go

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
I remember watching Sky Sports last year and seeing a poker show sponsored by a reputable poker site.  The format was a sit n go filled with 9 amateur players who had satellited in.  I was wondering if there was any scope for doing something similar on 865?  You could run satellites for a couple of months and then get the 9 qualifiers to come into the studio for a live show, or just make a 1 hour highlights show.  You could also show it on sky sports 4.  Is there any scope for this or am I being dillusional this morning?

Comments

• edited January 2011

It's quite an interesting concept Mr W, though Studio constraints mean it could deffo not be a 9 Seater. If you think about a 9 seater Table, & the need for the cameras to be able to get a full-on view of all 9, plus GV's, overhead shots, etc, it's technically something that would be pretty tough within a standard studio. But the bones of the idea are excellent, & I'll pass it on to Mother. Thanks.

PS - No, it was not "dillusional". Or even Delusional......

PS - MOST unlike you to Post with a spelling error!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Live Sit n Go:
    It's quite an interesting concept Mr W, though Studio constraints mean it could deffo not be a 9 Seater. If you think about a 9 seater Table, & the need for the cameras to be able to get a full-on view of all 9, plus GV's, overhead shots, etc, it's technically something that would be pretty tough within a standard studio. But the bones of the idea are excellent, & I'll pass it on to Mother. Thanks. PS - No, it was not "dillusional". Or even Delusional...... PS - MOST unlike you to Post with a spelling error!
    Posted by Tikay10
    I put it down to the weather and my not having had breakfast.
  • edited January 2011

Should the 2nd PS be PPS?? 
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Live Sit n Go : I put it down to the weather and my not having had breakfast.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Seems fair enough to me.

I do not "pick people up" on bad spelling, but it stuck out like a sore thumb, as your Posts are always so well presented. These things are noticed!
  • edited January 2011
    Great idea sir
  • edited January 2011
    Should the 2nd PS be PPS?? 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yes, but unlike Willhelm, I make typos & mistakes all the time. Luckily, you always point them out. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Proposed 6 Players

Dohhhhhhh
    Beaneh
    GregHogg
    IrishRover
    Mr Myagi
    The Don

Now that lot at a table I would pay to see ;o)
  • edited January 2011
    dont worry about me then jock :-(

s/crew you im doing a lucy and leaving......... or not!
  • edited January 2011
    It's quite an interesting concept Mr W, though Studio constraints mean it could deffo not be a 9 Seater. If you think about a 9 seater Table, & the need for the cameras to be able to get a full-on view of all 9, plus GV's, overhead shots, etc, it's technically something that would be pretty tough within a standard studio. But the bones of the idea are excellent, & I'll pass it on to Mother. Thanks. PS - No, it was not "dillusional". Or even Delusional...... PS - MOST unlike you to Post with a spelling error!
    Posted by Tikay10
    how about holding it a dtd on their hole card table?
    free publicity for them and loads of room.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Live Sit n Go : how about holding it a dtd on their hole card table? free publicity for them and loads of room.
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Not a bad shout. 
  • edited January 2011
    I think that the blind structure of the final table should start at 10/20 with a 3000 stack with 21 hands a level.  For a 10 handed final table you could have a £1000 buy in and a payout structure that goes 1st - £5000, 2nd - £3000, 3rd - £2000.

The satellites could go on for 10 weeks prior, where-by we have a final £110 satellie every Sunday with the winner progressing to the final table and the other top 10% of the field winning cash.  Obviously there would need to be a cap on the number of players in these satellites so that 2nd place could not be worth more that £1000. 
  • edited January 2011

Quick update.

There is a Meet scheduled for this Friday to discuss a number of 865 based new initiatives, & this one is amongst those on the Agenda.

If it happened......it would, for technical reasons, be a SIX Seater.

As to using DTD's hole card facility - no need. We have that, & better - much better - as part of "something new" which is being installed in the Studio within the next few weeks. I  can't take questions on that right now, but more news soon. 
  • edited January 2011
    Quick update. There is a Meet scheduled for this Friday to discuss a number of 865 based new initiatives, & this one is amongst those on the Agenda. If it happened......it would, for technical reasons, be a SIX Seater. As to using DTD's hole card facility - no need. We have that, & better - much better - as part of "something new" which is being installed in the Studio within the next few weeks. I  can't take questions on that right now, but more news soon. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    This makes sense given that most Sky players are more proficient with 6-max.  I suppose then that the payout structure would go something more like 1st - £4000, 2nd - £2000. The other way to go be to pay all the field as it's a final table.  Something like 1st- £2000, 2nd- £1000, 3rd- £800, 4th- £600, 5th- £400, 6th- £200.