You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A PROMOTION LIKE THIS WOULD WORK A TREAT ON SKYPOKER? yes/no?

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

lol some nl4 players would be playing intentionally to get them cracked the 3rd time.

That way they could win back the losses from time 1 and 2, as well as effectively doubling up time 3 too!

Back to the sketch pad with this one Irish Man. 

Comments

• edited January 2011

Get pocket Aces cracked three times at showdown
    and skypoker will credit your account with a £10 cash bonus!
    Run it for a month.
    Have a set cash prize pool.
    When prize pool runs out, the promotion is over .
    Obvious requirement would have to be set in place .

• edited January 2011
    To many people have selective memorys on here so their would be so many people moaning that they had their aces cracked 3 times in a row when they hadnt! They would be complaining that Sky had ripped them off, it would be a nightmare.
  • edited January 2011

A Royal flush cash bonus would be more appropriate IMHO. 
  • edited January 2011

Donut knows the score.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: A PROMOTION LIKE THIS WOULD WORK A TREAT ON SKYPOKER? yes/no?:
    lol some nl4 players would be playing intentionally to get them cracked the 3rd time. That way they could win back the losses from time 1 and 2, as well as effectively doubling up time 3 too! Back to the sketch pad with this one Irish Man. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Obvious requirement would need to be set in place ftw lol .

Seems to be a regular poker promo in other  pokersites.
    I got one recently it was $100 pay out .
    But once again in a promo like this ,
    it must be in proportion to the size of the pokersite &
    have a very thought out t&c attached .

Saying this i think it would be a great promo for the ever growing skypoker site .
    Well if not it was worth a mention .
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: A PROMOTION LIKE THIS WOULD WORK A TREAT ON SKYPOKER? yes/no?:
    Donut knows the score.
    Posted by Tikay10
    It works on other pokersites  .
  • edited January 2011
    A Royal flush cash bonus would be more appropriate IMHO. 
    Posted by MAXALLY

only if someone beats your royal flush lol .

nah thats a great idea alan .
  • edited January 2011
    To many people have selective memorys on here so their would be so many people moaning that they had their aces cracked 3 times in a row when they hadnt! They would be complaining that Sky had ripped them off, it would be a nightmare.
    Posted by Donut64
    simple thats why sky can see your account history ,
    you just have to send hand id .
  • edited January 2011
    must try better denis...........

Alan im suprised to say this but good idea!

alternatively we have a bad beat jackpot which pays out at the end of each month, have a thread for it and then voted by the community at the end of each month? obviously this would need fine-tuning also
  • edited January 2011
    must try better denis........... Alan im suprised to say this but good idea! alternatively we have a bad beat jackpot which pays out at the end of each month, have a thread for it and then voted by the community at the end of each month? obviously this would need fine-tuning also
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Not practical TBH John. The forum would go into melt down with claims for this !! Anyway, DJ Toby has won this for the last 12 months according to his thread in Area51!!
  • edited January 2011
    must try better denis........... Alan im suprised to say this but good idea! alternatively we have a bad beat jackpot which pays out at the end of each month, have a thread for it and then voted by the community at the end of each month? obviously this would need fine-tuning also
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    we may need to get bob the builder to build
    a extension on to that bad beat thread lol .

but bad beat jackpot yep .
    I think skypoker need something like this ,
    i believe most sites have these,
     either aces cracked several times  or royal flush or as you say
    bad beat promos  going .

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: A PROMOTION LIKE THIS WOULD WORK A TREAT ON SKYPOKER? yes/no? : simple thats why sky can see your account history , you just have to send hand id .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
     But they still will have to spend way to much time checking false claims. Plus the sort of person that already cant accept losing without blaming everyone else but themselves are never going to believe something as flimsy as facts when they have been told their aces havnt been busted 3 times in a row!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: A PROMOTION LIKE THIS WOULD WORK A TREAT ON SKYPOKER? yes/no? :  But they still will have to spend way to much time checking false claims. Plus the sort of person that already cant accept losing without blaming everyone else but themselves are never going to believe something as flimsy as facts when they have been told their aces havnt been busted 3 times in a row!
    Posted by Donut64
    I cant show you how it works on forum ,
    because i would break forum rules putting link up .
    so i sent you a pm with a link .

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: A PROMOTION LIKE THIS WOULD WORK A TREAT ON SKYPOKER? yes/no? : I cant show you how it works on forum , because i would break forum rules putting link up . so i sent you a pm with a link .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
     Yep. seen it bud.

Still feel that the people that would want it most would be the bad beat merchants (the woah why does it always happen to me people). They would also be the ones that would moan about it the most if it was implemented.

Plus the money would have to come from some were to fund it and I would much rather keep the chance to win free entrys into tournys in the variace compititions that Sky Poker do, than to introduce such promotion that would take up the funds and way to much time for them to check all the claims of all those that think they have won when they havent.
  • edited January 2011

I also got the pm's.

Thnx Irish man.

It says it only appplies to 25nl and above. Which makes sense. 

But that will cause obvious problems on this site, Maxally will do his "something for the lower stakes players" routine again. 

For that reason alone, I have changed my mind and think it's a great idea 

:)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re:

A PROMOTION LIKE THIS WOULD WORK A TREAT ON SKYPOKER? yes/no? :

Yep. seen it bud.  Still feel that the people that would want it most would be the bad beat merchants (the woah why does it always happen to me people). They would also be the ones that would moan about it the most if it was implemented.

Its wrong to give in to these guys .

Plus the money would have to come from some were to fund it and I would much rather keep the chance to win free entrys into tournys in the variace compititions that Sky Poker do, than to introduce such promotion that would take up the funds

yep your choice ,  i just think a promo like this or what alan or young gun said  would be new to skypoker .

and way to muc h time for them to check all the claims of all those that think they have won when they havent.
    Posted by Donut64
    This is done on other sites regularly , i am sure if it is this common its easy to set up .

p.s but good it is to discuss this with you bud .

• edited January 2011
    I also got the pm's. Thnx Irish man. It says it only appplies to 25nl and above. Which makes sense.  But that will cause obvious problems on this site, Maxally will do his "something for the lower stakes players" routine again.  For that reason alone, I have changed my mind and think it's a great idea  :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Forever doh this is why will love you  pmsl .
  • edited January 2011
    I also got the pm's. Thnx Irish man. It says it only appplies to 25nl and above. Which makes sense.  But that will cause obvious problems on this site, Maxally will do his "something for the lower stakes players" routine again.  For that reason alone, I have changed my mind and think it's a great idea  :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

And ALL your claim hands will be shown on the poker clinic! (as usual!!) and they will have to then have a 4 hour slot.

:)
  • edited January 2011
    In terms of the issue with NL4 players, rather than £10, could say X BBs paid into the account?
  • edited January 2011
    In terms of the issue with NL4 players, rather than £10, could say X BBs paid into the account?
    Posted by Furniss1

How many though? - I reckon 4, or 5 max.

They don't deserve it coz they prob played their hand wrong anyway.

If you start getting too soft with low stakes players, they wont be low stakes players for much longer!!!

• edited January 2011
    Posted by Furniss1
    Yep good idea ,
    a % depending on what levels .
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: A PROMOTION LIKE THIS WOULD WORK A TREAT ON SKYPOKER? yes/no? : How many though? - I reckon 4, or 5 max. They don't deserve it coz they prob played their hand wrong anyway. If you start getting too soft with low stakes players, they wont be low stakes players for much longer!!! .................
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     Had you a leather whip in your hand when you posted this ouch .
  • edited January 2011
    They don't say the Irish are thick for nowt you know.

If it works on other sites, the solution is simple......

PLAY ON OTHER SITES.

You were whining about rake just the other week. Clown.
  • edited January 2011
    I saw this advertised for another site a few times.  I thought it was an awful idea.  My opinion hasn't changed.

It's just encourages bad play.
  • edited January 2011
    I don't like it Denis, sorry, for the reasons Tommy gives...
  • edited January 2011

good idea or bad idea it's still an idea.

1. good idea.
    i. gives genuinely bad beated players something to encourage them to play through their bad variance.
    ii. free stuff is always nice to keep players happy.

2. bad idea.
    i. encourages players to keep an eye on times of getting a bad beat which in turn increases players who complain about stuff and could cause bedlem.
    ii. generally players above a certain level will know that bad beats happen and will majorly accept these bad beats and move on but if there is a competition / offer it will just increase players wanting to play foolishly to try and hit said offer... and then cause more problems when people lose large portions of money because of said offer.
    iii. cause people to say they have had this happen and in turn cause bad feeling in the forum.

so i would conclude that on that note the bad would outweigh the good on the bad beat offer, but maybe something like a bad beat competition of the week which wins a tournament entry. where each week a selection of hands that people have had "bad beats" and reported said hands are then judged by say "tikay" or another sky representative and maybe show the top 5 bad beats of the week with mentions on sky tv with analysis on whether the hand was avoidable or not.
    just an idea, but i guess depending on the stakes / bad beat cost a suitable tournament is allocated for said players.

or maybe have 3 levels of allocation say :-

up to 0.15/0.30 - entry into totty
    up to 0.5/1 - entry into tsp classic
    above 1/2 - entry into primo or maybe 15k sky sports bh

something like that ??

• edited January 2011
    Terrible idea.  This kind of promo doesn't encourage anything.
  • edited January 2011
    4 times today i have had em and been cracked!!!

where is me tenner  lol.

just gone out of tsp with aces,got all money in on a queen high flop,snap called by AK,turn and river kk,unreal.
  • edited January 2011

Beats happen. Downswings happen. If this means you don't enjoy the game then these players should stop playing, no need to look for ways to appease these players.

I don't enjoy chess, and someone offering me a rolo if I loose three games in a row ain't gonna make me enjoy it :)

• edited January 2011
    Bad idea IMO.

Most of us get sick of hearing bad beats stories all the time, at the moment the forum is mainly kept clear of them (apart from Area51 obviously). A promotion like this would make them a valid topic of discussion and the next thing you know General Poker Chat will be littered with them too.