You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Interview with SPUKT Winner

edited June 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
Seems like a sensible lad, if I'd have won £17k when I was 19 I'm pretty certain it would have been gone by the following weekend.

Comments

• edited June 2009

Hello Barry, I spent some time on the tables with you at the SPUKT, was on the left of Tony Phillips.

I turned 20 on the sunday of the event, so I'm going to defend us YoungUn's (no pun intended - okay, maybe it was...) and say that we are, especially those that have been playing poker for a few years, much more sensible and mature than our age suggests. I find it hard to imagine how people like Jeff Madsen and all the young online superstars like Durrr can be so successful at this game without maturity much beyond their years.

Rob played very well and has shown in that interview that he's got a good head on his young shoulders, and he should continue to do well in the near future.

• edited June 2009
    Though I did read from Schwarz (on Blackbelt poker) that he reckons Durr is down a lot this year $4million +  but that is due to poker rather than excess. Wish I had that option lol
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Interview with SPUKT Winner:
    Hello Barry, I spent some time on the tables with you at the SPUKT, was on the left of Tony Phillips. I turned 20 on the sunday of the event, so I'm going to defend us YoungUn's (no pun intended - okay, maybe it was...) and say that we are, especially those that have been playing poker for a few years, much more sensible and mature than our age suggests. I find it hard to imagine how people like Jeff Madsen and all the young online superstars like Durrr can be so successful at this game without maturity much beyond their years. Rob played very well and has shown in that interview that he's got a good head on his young shoulders, and he should continue to do well in the near future.
    Posted by YoungUn
    I completely agree with you, when I said the 17k would be gone within a week were it me, I actually meant that I would have gone out on the lash every night, spent in on a holdiday, clothes, car, tried to impress a girl etc Certainly not any sort of comment about younger players losing it as quickly as they win it. Also probably more a comment on myself as a 19 year old (a heck of a long time ago) than anything else.

More importantly, did you hae AQ when I folded my queens on an ace high board?
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Interview with SPUKT Winner : More importantly, did you hae AQ when I folded my queens on an ace high board?
    Posted by ButtonDonk
    Lmao - I genuinely cannot remember exactly what I had, but I know that it was complete air! You had the best hand, i'm afraid!

Where did you end up, btw?
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Interview with SPUKT Winner : Lmao - I genuinely cannot remember exactly what I had, but I know that it was complete air! You had the best hand, i'm afraid! Where did you end up, btw?
    Posted by YoungUn
    I pretty much went on monkey tilt after that hand and bust not too long after. Well played, I am choosing to pretend you had me crushed tho

• edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Interview with SPUKT Winner : Well played, I am choosing to pretend you had me crushed tho
    Posted by ButtonDonk
    I think that's better for all of us, and thank you :)
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Interview with SPUKT Winner:
    Seems like a sensible lad, if I'd have won £17k when I was 19 I'm pretty certain it would have been gone by the following weekend. http://uk.pokernews.com/news/poker-player-interviews/2009/06/robbie-obrien-1212.htm
    Posted by ButtonDonk
    You can see Dan, Matt and Tikay interview Robbie on The Club about the SPUKT final at 8.30pm on Friday.
  • edited June 2009
    Rob is a Very good player from what i could tell just by talking to him after his win.
    Also said most of the money will go into his roll which is the right choice if he aspires
    to play fulltime when he graduates uni.

Co-incendently he plays in Will brewins [Pokerbcity] home games and is a good friend of his so you
    know hes playing with the right people ! Shame he does not play on sky alot personally but nvm.