You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl, 150xbb deep, tptk, facing c/r all in from nit - wtf?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #331095735I've seen this guy jam turns and rivers, and it's always the nuts.

I've not seen him do anything like this before though. I was left scratching my head.....

I mean wtf is he doing this with - 910 of diamonds???

Do you make the call?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
pieman1213 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £38.89
spdbrkr Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £61.33
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

stanley644 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £47.34
WOLFIE688 Fold     
pieman1213 Fold     
spdbrkr Call  £0.90 £2.55 £60.43
Flop

• J
  • Q

spdbrkr Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.50 £4.05 £45.84
spdbrkr All-in  £60.43 £64.48 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited January 2011
    maybe AK diamonds or 222?
  • edited January 2011
    fold ftw

I'm assuming we can rule JJ and QQ out, he 3bets these pre? 9-10 dimes is a possibility, in which case you're behind, but I guess maybe AK is too? in which case you're ahead. JQ perhaps?

22 sounds most likely for my money, I think the best hand you *might* be against is AK. I'd almost definitely fold that spot given the reads you have. The only reason you have for calling here I think is for future information, and it's too pricey for that.
  • edited January 2011
    us having the Ad is bad and means his draws:made hands ratio is weighted more towards made hands.

fwiw this player has done the exact same thing to me before
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: 30nl, 150xbb deep, tptk, facing c/r all in from nit - wtf?:
    us having the Ad is bad and means his draws:made hands ratio is weighted more towards made hands. fwiw this player has done the exact same thing to me before
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    . . . . . . . . . . .  Go on . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

• edited January 2011
    fold. all day, every day. 

this guy is so epically bad it's funny.

he jams with 22, JJ, JQ, QQ, KK and AA (he doesnt 3 bet JJ and QQ ever) here and nothing else. he's a complete nit and overshoves when he has a good hand.

He could possibly have AKd or 9Td but from experience his range is always ahead of you. Check this out...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BIGNORM08 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £31.79
    pryce6 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £53.83
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

4KingPoker Fold     
    dub1 Fold     
    Corc22 Fold     
    spdbrkr All-in  £69.83 £70.58 £0.00
    BIGNORM08 Fold     
    pryce6 All-in  £53.83 £124.41 £0.00
    spdbrkr Unmatched bet  £15.50 £108.91 £15.50
    pryce6 Show
    • K
    • K

spdbrkr Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• J

Turn

River

spdbrkr Win Pair of Aces £107.11  £122.61
  • edited January 2011
    fold. all day, every day.  this guy is so epically bad it's funny. he jams with 22, JJ, JQ, QQ, KK and AA (he doesnt 3 bet JJ and QQ ever) here and nothing else. he's a complete nit and overshoves when he has a good hand. He could possibly have AKd or 9Td but from experience his range is always ahead of you. Check this out... Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance BIGNORM08 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £31.79 pryce6 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £53.83   Your hole cards K K       4KingPoker Fold         dub1 Fold         Corc22 Fold         spdbrkr All-in   £69.83 £70.58 £0.00 BIGNORM08 Fold         pryce6 All-in   £53.83 £124.41 £0.00 spdbrkr Unmatched bet   £15.50 £108.91 £15.50 pryce6 Show K K       spdbrkr Show A A       Flop     J 8 4       Turn     2       River     6       spdbrkr Win Pair of Aces £107.11   £122.61
    Posted by pryce6
    Lol.

Nice read from the button that the SB was holding kings.

WP spdbrkr.

And with regards the OP, I don't think I could ever call in that spot.

At best your going to be flipping for 150 BBs. Better spots available surely.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: 30nl, 150xbb deep, tptk, facing c/r all in from nit - wtf? : Lol. Nice read from the button that the SB was holding kings. WP spdbrkr. And with regards the OP, I don't think I could ever call in that spot. At best your going to be flipping for 150 BBs. Better spots available surely.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Lol he owned me...what can I say. Srsly though after playing with him further I would fold there now.

I didn't mean to hijack thread dohhh, just an example as to why this thread is an easy fold for me. I'd even fold AA, KK and probably even QJ :s
  • edited January 2011

No prob, think the thread is pretty much done and dusted anyway.

I did fold - but it wasn't a snap fold like people are suggesting it should be.

I can't understand why he would make that bet, but I guess it saved me a few quid. 

Thanx 4 all replies.
  • edited January 2011
    now that is the complete oppoisite to how i would play, 60p raise would work ehh dohhhh!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    this is such an easy fold with the Ad in your hand.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: 30nl, 150xbb deep, tptk, facing c/r all in from nit - wtf? : . . . . . . . . . . .  Go on . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

i dont think discussing specifc peoples leaks other than the OP is very ethical on a forum, i just included that bit of info so you would know that its not a misclick by villain
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: 30nl, 150xbb deep, tptk, facing c/r all in from nit - wtf? : i dont think discussing specifc peoples leaks other than the OP is very ethical on a forum, i just included that bit of info so you would know that its not a misclick by villain
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    my bad. I'm sure there was a similar thread a few weeks ago which drew the same kinda responses.

probs should have blanked the name out...although I still would have known