You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

your view on luke schwartz

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
i know theres a post on here already about this guy but over last couple of weeks hes realy got on my wires so lets have your views on this guy
in case your wanderring im not a  fan lol

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I'm not a fan.

Yes he's a good player, yes I like entertaining people but he takes it too far imo.
  • edited January 2011
    like louis walsh "i loike him"

always more interesting watching characters like schwartz, devilfish, tony g, hellmuth, matusow, etc. imo
  • edited January 2011
    thank god
    not just me then
    In Response to your view on luke schwartz:
    i know theres a post on here already about this guy but over last couple of weeks hes realy got on my wires so lets have your views on this guy in case your wanderring im not a  fan lol
    Posted by rosjim1
  • edited January 2011
    why spend ur time caring tbf

fwiw i think its prob a bit of an act.  if he didnt have that kind of persona at the table then he prob wouldnt get all the TV appearences that he does
  • edited January 2011
    i like watching him, he makes me laugh, but he is def not the sort of player you would want on your table! i would find it hard not to lose my rag!
  • edited January 2011

He's very annoying but entertaining at the same time, overall I like having characters like Schwartz and Hellmuth in TV games. LS is surprisingly good when he's in commentary box as an analyst.

• edited January 2011
    Ok we have had this about 3 times + now, basically i didn't like him but now i find him quite entertaining

i also think he's a better poker player then i originally thought, so he won me over
  • edited January 2011
    He's very much an acquired taste. I know people like Tikay are all about good grace and class at the tables. I tend to agree with him.

BUT.

You have to admit, from a poker playing perspective, that what he does gets people off kilter while playing. That leads to them making mistakes which equals more money for him. So, as long as it stays on the right side of the line (which he's definitely on the wrong side of from time to time) it has to be considered as an option to some players.

After all, Tony G's been doing it for years and having interviewed him I can tell you he's one of the nicest people in poker away from the table. He's just very naughty at the tables....

Tony G - Not the Most Mild Mannered Poker Player...
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: your view on luke schwartz:
    Tony G - Not the Most Mild Mannered Poker Player...
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    LOL Tony g makes luke look lilke a mild mannered man...good clip
  • edited January 2011
    I am a fan. Very entertaining although sometimes crosses the line.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to your view on luke schwartz:
    i know theres a post on here already about this guy but over last couple of weeks hes realy got on my wires so lets have your views on this guy in case your wanderring im not a  fan lol
    Posted by rosjim1
    lol, yet again this subject brings lots of opinions, i personally think he is a great player and you need to use every advantage you have to gain more chips as long as you dont cross the line. On monday night he played the premier league poker and made a great move again david bennyamine. That showed class with the shove at the end. The only problem i have with him is he goes on non stop about his heads up play, ive seen 2 of his and 1 in the pkr he got destroyed and he got beat heads up in the premier league. so not a fan of that. Most pros like him because he brings a fresh approach to poker that should be applauded.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: your view on luke schwartz:
    After all, Tony G's been doing it for years and having interviewed him I can tell you he's one of the nicest people in poker away from the table. He's just very naughty at the tables.... Tony G - Not the Most Mild Mannered Poker Player...
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I remember him getting into Juha Helppi's head during one of the UK annual televised tournaments (can't remember which one). Juha looked like he was steaming, and Tony kept singing to him "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands"