You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Odd thing that occured

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
I play mostly HU on here and have had decent success as of late (majority of oppos will tell you I'm a fish and run good). However, last night something very odd happened. A HU SnG reg, who shall remain nameless, wanted to have a 'discussion' with me. It should be said I've had a bit of a purple patch against said player and he has declined rematches as of late. So in this 'discussion' he told me he no longer wanted to play me anymore as I was a 'reasonable' player (patronising much) and he had amassed a fortune so I should avoid him if I don't want to lose money! I humoured him but then sat at his table again after he declined a rematch and it seemed to put him on tilit giving me an edge before we'd even started. Should I continue to sit at his games or stop before things get ugly (he has given me abuse in the past and does have a good win rate so I am not feeling to guilty beating him a lot).?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    If you want to play him play, personally i play heads up too and will never check whos playing/registered

if they get that bothered then its down to them to check & avoid you

i wouldn;t worry about it, i often get outdrawn but never refuse matches, maybe see you at the tables?
  • edited January 2011
    Cheers YOUNG, yeah I suppose if you register for a game you have to play the oppo put in front of you whether you like it or not. Personally feel like I have an edge over him and playing him is profitable. Game selection is key for me, unless I'm the first to register I like to check out the record of the registered player.
  • edited January 2011
    well tbh, if the guys given abuse in the past i'd say keep playing him and keep putting him on tilt and taking his money.

i mean at the end of the day you are here to play poker and possibly make a profit so if this guy is going to help you keep making you a profit keep playing him.

on the other hand if you prefer to make friends and avoid him then it's your choice but if you want a heads up match and he's the only one then why should you avoid the match ? i mean he registers for the tournament and has to accept whoever sits at his table otherwise he has to join himself if he really wants to avoid you.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks for your post and our chat earlier Darlo. Think it's best to keep playing him like you said in terms of profitability because that's what it's all about. I just came back to Sky a month ago and so didn't want to really upset a reg and get a bad name.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2011
    well gl 2 u anyway
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Guys

I have deleted a couple of the posts that were making it a little too easy to guess the player you were referring to.

Whilst discussions regarding Poker tactics are fine this one was becoming just a little personal.  

I can tell from your initial post Nagrom that this was not your intention.  

However your reference to abuse from the player in question is a concern.  Please be aware that Sky takes abuse very seriously.  If you feel the matter is getting out of hand please contact Customer Care who will investigate the incidents for you 

SKY_MOD6
  • edited January 2011

Just keep playing him its unfair to expect you to game select HU, ther is a few players i would like never to play again but I’m usually the first to register so don't have that luxury. nargom u are 1 of those players, but ur just a fish that runs good J, seriously ur game is very solid and hard to exploit. You bring up an interesting point though how many losing games in a row should you have before you stop re matching, something I’m trying to improve on myself, i've had HU games where i keep losing but i feel that my opponent is fish, but maybe my style just doesn’t match up well with there’s and i should keep my ego in check and avoid that certain opponent.  

• edited January 2011
    depends i lost 5 in row to 1 person before but knew i was getting in good, beat them once so they refused

i dont usually get the luxury of a rematch :-( about 10% of players may do but not alot
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Odd thing that occured:
    Thanks for your post and our chat earlier Darlo. Think it's best to keep playing him like you said in terms of profitability because that's what it's all about. I just came back to Sky a month ago and so didn't want to really upset a reg and get a bad name.
    Posted by nagrom

Too late you already picked one ... ;o)
  • edited January 2011
    I usually don't take rematches now.  I used to after beating someone but to often I'd find the 2nd game was other players shoving every hand trying to get money back and to me thats not fun.
  • edited January 2011
    Just keep playing him its unfair to expect you to game select HU, ther is a few players i would like never to play again but I’m usually the first to register so don't have that luxury. nargom u are 1 of those players, but ur just a fish that runs good J , seriously ur game is very solid and hard to exploit. You bring up an interesting point though how many losing games in a row should you have before you stop re matching, something I’m trying to improve on myself, i've had HU games where i keep losing but i feel that my opponent is fish, but maybe my style just doesn’t match up well with there’s and i should keep my ego in check and avoid that certain opponent.  
    Posted by clubber224
    Haha good post clubber and yeah I'm most certainly an uber fish lolz. I try to avoid playing against you and gaza559 if I can but sometimes do so just for volume and to test myself, as I know it will be a tough match. I always rematch if I feel confident that I can exploit what I've learned from the oppo in the previous game.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Odd thing that occured : Too late you already picked one ... ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    Really did Jock haha but these things can't be changed as you will know ;)
  • edited January 2011
    I usually don't take rematches now.  I used to after beating someone but to often I'd find the 2nd game was other players shoving every hand trying to get money back and to me thats not fun.
    Posted by ertikins
    Not fun but definitely profitable if you tighten up your calling range when they start monkey shoving