You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a,k with 5 big blinds left

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
so i have a,k with 5 big blinds left i get raised my whole stack so i have to go all in, the raiser has been constantly raising everyone all in for ages. I have constantly been getting beat with any hand all day long with the constant dodgy river card on this site. I decide to call knowing that he could have any hand, when the cards are shown he has 6,9. the flop and turn come down with nothing for either of us but as you would expect the river came a 6. The opponent then said i shouldnt have called as someone else would have called in sooner or later, did i make the right move? is it just the dodgy site mechanics than constantly reward the poor players (sorry to moan but it feels so true on here almost all of the time)? or has the opponent just got no clue and is thinking that he is playing roulette. It was in a sit and go by the way

Comments

• edited January 2011
    You made the correct move & with 5 Bigs the only move imo, unless you had 3+ shovers in front of you then can possibly fold but when you get that short its a no brainer.

Personally 10-15 bb you should be looking for spots to shove, as dohhhhh would say youtube illigit he is shove/call miester in tourney's
  • edited January 2011
    if its folded too ur opponent leyster ,he has every right too raise in this spot ,with any 2 cards ,to sreal the blinds ,he obviously was chipleader ,and putting you to the test,this time you had a nice hand and called ,but your never that far ahead with ak  against 69 off ,he got lucky ,,,,,,,,if you didnt have a hand here,what are you doing?thats right ur folding........being chipleader with most of the chips in play ,and the short stacks ,that cant damage u ,is the ideal situation too be in ,raise with anything ,i did it with 23 off a few days ago ,and got called a maniac ,donk ,idiot ,i lost the hand ,but he could not hurt my stack ,i still went on to win ,when you get a deeper understanding of the game ,it will all make sense :)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to a,k with 5 big blinds left:
    so i have a,k with 5 big blinds left i get raised my whole stack so i have to go all in, the raiser has been constantly raising everyone all in for ages. I have constantly been getting beat with any hand all day long with the constant dodgy river card on this site. I decide to call knowing that he could have any hand, when the cards are shown he has 6,9. the flop and turn come down with nothing for either of us but as you would expect the river came a 6. The opponent then said i shouldnt have called as someone else would have called in sooner or later, did i make the right move? is it just the dodgy site mechanics than constantly reward the poor players (sorry to moan but it feels so true on here almost all of the time)? or has the opponent just got no clue and is thinking that he is playing roulette. It was in a sit and go by the way
    Posted by Leyster
    It's not this, and it's not that.

It's the 35% chance your opponent has of winning the hand when the cards are turned pre flop.

You will lose this hand more than every 1 in 3 times.

A 2/1 shot reallllllllllly is not that shocking.

ul.