You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

QQ/KK vs AA

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This has no doubt been posted many times before so please accept my apologies in advance.

Lately I have been playing a lot more and concequently played a lot more hands. I have had the misfortune of picking up KK or QQ on about a dozen occasions now and running into AA.

Please don't mistake this for a bad beat thread.

On at least half of those occasions I suspected I was up against AA when my raise got min raised pre flop. Depending on the level I have been getting the money in pre flop or seeing a flop, checking the over card doesnt come and getting it in then. 

It is so frustrating to see AA but one of those things.

Is there any time I should be folding either hand barring an overcard on the flop or draw heavy board? Majority of these instances have been during BH tourneys where you are never getting away from the hand. But last night in the open my QQ ran into AA and my gut was telling me I was up against AA but I just couldnt put them down. 

I am not slow playing them, always raising first. 

Comments

• edited January 2011
    make notes on how your opponents play their strong hands. learn who to not overvalue your JJ/QQ against and who you should know QQ is massive against.

best of all just get dealt AA and have them have QQ AND have your hand hold up innit!

Don't slow play!