You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM £2.20 Is this auto shove?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok i went in slight fave and due to my chipstack just double checking this is correct? also as 1 limper pre to tight to fold surely with blinds/stack

done half my chips early with JJ v KK

looks simple but i dont really play DYM, played 2 since cashed both times and i found making notes helps alot in these so gives you a better edge if your getting to shove terrority
x Small blind   50.00 50.00 1327.50
bruski Big blind   100.00 150.00 1950.00
  Your hole cards

GARETJAX Fold        
ROSIE242 Fold        
tripuup Call   100.00 250.00 1995.00
YOUNG_GUN All-in   1165.00 1415.00 0.00
x All-in   1327.50 2742.50 0.00
bruski Fold        
tripuup Fold        
x Unmatched bet   212.50 2530.00 212.50
x Show
  • Q
  • K

YOUNG_GUN Show

Flop

Turn

• K

River

x   Pair of Kings 2530.00   2742.50

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Yeah, I think this is a fine shove on the button even with the limper.
  • edited January 2011
    Stand-hard !

I would have thought it was an easy shove, "especially coz of the limper" - rather than "even with the limper" ????

I always feel alot happier shoving in mtt's after a limp, coz it makes my hand look alot stronger to the people left to act behind?

Is this different in a dym?

Is a limp from a player before we act more of a reason to turn down marginal shoving spots?

Where should you draw the line here? - I'd shove pretty wide......what's the worst hand you would shove?
  • edited January 2011
    100% shoving there.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM £2.20 Is this auto shove?:
    Stand-hard ! I would have thought it was an easy shove, "especially coz of the limper" - rather than "even with the limper" ???? I always feel alot happier shoving in mtt's after a limp, coz it makes my hand look alot stronger to the people left to act behind? Is this different in a dym? Is a limp from a player before we act more of a reason to turn down marginal shoving spots? Where should you draw the line here? - I'd shove pretty wide......what's the worst hand you would shove?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

yo dohhhhead, exactly in MTT this is standard but not 100% on dym and was double checking. i did sort of insta-shove naturally, but if i was 2nd/3rd possible not to shove here? i dont really know i think i need to learn dym a bit more.

Lowest ill shove in this spot would be AJ + 66+ i think but obviously this depends on whether i think im getting called. actually suprised i got called  but KQ must be a monster in these lol
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM £2.20 Is this auto shove?:
    Stand-hard ! I would have thought it was an easy shove, "especially coz of the limper" - rather than "even with the limper" ???? I always feel alot happier shoving in mtt's after a limp, coz it makes my hand look alot stronger to the people left to act behind? Is this different in a dym? Is a limp from a player before we act more of a reason to turn down marginal shoving spots? Where should you draw the line here? - I'd shove pretty wide......what's the worst hand you would shove?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I think you're right here JJ i was conscious of this when I wrote my reply and almost left out the bit about the limper but left it in for the avoidance of doubt.

I think very often in a DYM, as in an MTT, a prior limper is going to be more of a reason to shove but you have to be conscious of the fact that they could; a) have limped with a monster - notes/reads should sort this; b) limp/call all-in or defend their limp (whatever you want to call it) with a marginal hand. What I mean is if you know the limper has Q-10 and will call your all-in out of spite or just being poor or whatever you would not shove in a DYM where as you might in an MTT.
  • edited January 2011
    can anyone send me a link for dym strategies etc. i think i have figured a ok way but always like to learn

I agree with the limp but similar weary as someone could be trapping
  • edited January 2011
    limpers are the hardest part of dyms to figure out, I think

some people limp with the intention of calling allin, some limp fold, some mix it up. Best way is to try and figure out what kind of player they are, and also figure what kind of equity they have in the pot related to their limp- if blinds are 100/200 and they limp with a 1k stack, it's fairly unlikely they'll fold, whereas if they have 2500 and you have a similar stack, you have a much better chance of folding them out.

Generally, anyone who limps with 8+bbs will get a shove from me assuming I have at least 7 bbs myself. Unless I have notes that they try and trap, limpers are a great way to build your stack in dyms, because most will shy away from putting their stack at risk. Which is why I literally never, ever limp in a dym, even in early stages. The only time I ever hit the call button is when I'm calling an allin with a monster.
  • edited January 2011
    thank you deuces, very good info :-)

i have read a couple strategy's etc i only really want to know for when i play them as i wont be grinding just them as i get bored after a few :p

• edited January 2011
    standard shove
  • edited January 2011
    Limp ftw!

U know u love it

Seriously though I would shove here with the limper with ur stack - if I had say 20BB not so sure
  • edited January 2011
    John Connor has it spot on!