You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

my worst poker mistake of all time.

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
I just want to share my biggest recent poker mistake of all time.  It happened monday so the initial ouch effect is over.

I'm currently trying to plug my biggest mistake of playing out of bankroll and trying to do a slow steady grind upwards.  Im trying to do this playing purely £1.05 heads up games since, for reasons i wont go into now, i think thats where I do best.

I've been grinding these out for past 10 days are so and currently its turning a very slow but positive trend.

The mistake I made was accidentally registering for a £52.50 heads up game in error.  by the time I noticed what I had foolishly done the tourney had started and the misclick turned in to a game i subsequently lost.

My lesson is now that as soon as I log on to sky poker I turn the filters on to make sure I can only see games I want to play and don't end up losing £52.50 in such a stupid way every again.

Its going to take me some time to grind all of that back......

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Similiar thing happened to my mate... he spent all week grinding, then accidentally registered for a sng that comprised of the entire week's profit... luckily he went on to win it!
  • edited January 2011
    same here £33 dym but fortunately i cashed.
  • edited January 2011
    Was arguing with the Mrs as I was registering for a £5.50 DYM

Ended up playing in a £55 DYM with the likes of Haysie and Nutter.  Fortunately got good cards and managed to cash 
  • edited January 2011
    Ooooooo In the early days I once played a £110.00 sng instead of a £1.10..

drunken times ftw ;o) xx
  • edited January 2011
    I registerd for a few Games and then realised i have got delt 4 cards!!! :(
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to my worst poker mistake of all time.:It's not a mistake, it's just the games move up fast and if you're 2nd to register there's no time to get out. Always use the filter or as in my case I only keep £20 or so in my account-then you haven't got enough in to register for anything more. You can always add more funds and top up-but not if you've lost your last £50 in error. Thanks for the £1 heads up earlier-I won! Prinnyroya
    I just want to share my biggest recent poker mistake of all time.  It happened monday so the initial ouch effect is over. I'm currently trying to plug my biggest mistake of playing out of bankroll and trying to do a slow steady grind upwards.  Im trying to do this playing purely £1.05 heads up games since, for reasons i wont go into now, i think thats where I do best. I've been grinding these out for past 10 days are so and currently its turning a very slow but positive trend. The mistake I made was accidentally registering for a £52.50 heads up game in error.  by the time I noticed what I had foolishly done the tourney had started and the misclick turned in to a game i subsequently lost. My lesson is now that as soon as I log on to sky poker I turn the filters on to make sure I can only see games I want to play and don't end up losing £52.50 in such a stupid way every again. Its going to take me some time to grind all of that back......
    Posted by ertikins
  • edited January 2011
    IAlso, I don't think you'll get far on 1v1  £1 games. I kept a record of 300 such games and i won 148 and lost 152 so actually lost money. Now I'm doing a 100 stretch, I'm now 9 8 up, and only pennies in profit. I'm not bothered about making money, I like to win of course, but it's good fun, but don't take it too seriously. Hope to play you again soon. n Response to Re: my worst poker mistake of all time.:
    In Response to my worst poker mistake of all time. :It's not a mistake, it's just the games move up fast and if you're 2nd to register there's no time to get out. Always use the filter or as in my case I only keep £20 or so in my account-then you haven't got enough in to register for anything more. You can always add more funds and top up-but not if you've lost your last £50 in error. Thanks for the £1 heads up earlier-I won! Prinnyroya
    Posted by prinnyroya
  • edited January 2011

I took a shot at nl200 once when I was really drunk, and 6 bet shoved pre flop with King 9 against Jakally's pocket aces.

Prob wont be doing that again.
  • edited January 2011
    my biggest poker mistake - tilting my way on to sky vegas and obliterating bankroll.

It's going to take a loooooong time to get it back :(

I've managed to 4x my BR since I deposited last Thursday so small step in the long road to recovery.

• edited January 2011
    step away from the vegas!!!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: my worst poker mistake of all time.:
    IAlso, I don't think you'll get far on 1v1  £1 games. I kept a record of 300 such games and i won 148 and lost 152 so actually lost money. Now I'm doing a 100 stretch, I'm now 9 8 up, and only pennies in profit. I'm not bothered about making money, I like to win of course, but it's good fun, but don't take it too seriously. Hope to play you again soon. n Response to Re: my worst poker mistake of all time. :
    Posted by prinnyroya
    since i've been keeping records i've currently won 109/185 so thats profit of £23.75.   obviously its to early to tell if thats going to continue a few hundred more games in.

our current score is 2-1 to you according to my records!
  • edited January 2011
    my biggest poker mistake - tilting my way on to sky vegas and obliterating bankroll. It's going to take a loooooong time to get it back :( I've managed to 4x my BR since I deposited last Thursday so small step in the long road to recovery.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    This was a big leak in my game, so I have now self excluded myself from that part of the site.  FYI its done via My Account/Gambling Safely/Self exclusion and you can exclude yourself for a period of, I think, 1 day to up to 5 years.  But one word of warning, make sure that you only exclude yourself from areas you DEFINATELY don't want to use because once you have excluded yourself there is NO WAY BACK until the exclusion period has ended.

Steve
  • edited January 2011
    call me dumb i dont understand why people play vagas its just gambling, no skill, just gambling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    this has just happend in the 7.15 ill blank his name but none of us could believe it,he was smallish stack but they obv thought they were beat when the cards were turned over,said gg gl and left the table,hes just been blinded out
    Dudeskin8 Small blind  100.00 100.00 11327.50
    stokefc Big blind  200.00 300.00 11625.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

xRaise  600.00 900.00 2260.00
    Cragster14 Fold     
    squeaker Fold     
    BADBOY985 Fold     
    Dudeskin8 Fold     
    stokefc Call  400.00 1300.00 11225.00
    Flop

• A

stokefc Check     
    Bet  800.00 2100.00 1460.00
    stokefc Raise  2250.00 4350.00 8975.00
    xAll-in  1460.00 5810.00 0.00
    stokefc Call  10.00 5820.00 8965.00
    stokefc Show
    • J
    • A

Show
    • A

Turn

• K

River

stokefc Win Two Pairs, Aces and 3s 2910.00  11875.00
    xWin Two Pairs, Aces and 3s 2910.00
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: my worst poker mistake of all time. : This was a big leak in my game, so I have now self excluded myself from that part of the site.  FYI its done via My Account/Gambling Safely/Self exclusion and you can exclude yourself for a period of, I think, 1 day to up to 5 years.  But one word of warning, make sure that you only exclude yourself from areas you DEFINATELY don't want to use because once you have excluded yourself there is NO WAY BACK until the exclusion period has ended. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Thanks for the heads up. Just excluded myself from Vegas for a year.

Wish I'd have known that I could have blocked just vegas earlier, wasted about 6 months worth of good work to it.
  • edited January 2011
    I used to play fruitmachines befor i started to play poker. Used to go to local fruity place and play the £500 jackpot ones. Quid a spin. Im in profit of them but stopped them and started poker. More skill in Poker and i have more control on  what money i win/lose :d I dont play online fruitys.. Dont trust them :(
  • edited January 2011
    call me dumb i dont understand why people play vagas its just gambling, no skill, just gambling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by pod1
    You answer your own question.

To gamble.

Unfortunately when one plays these games they are not thinking clearly.