You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL4 nut flush draw in multiway limped pot

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Irishbri Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £0.67
Patching99 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £5.06
  Your hole cards
  • A

lisa76 Fold     
Tilly2 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.84
spiersy961 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £3.03
Irishbri Call  £0.02 £0.16 £0.65
Patching99 Check     
Flop

• Q

Irishbri Check     
Patching99 Bet  £0.12 £0.28 £4.94
Tilly2 Raise  £0.24 £0.52 £3.60
spiersy961 Raise  £1.00 £1.52 £2.03
Irishbri Fold     
Patching99 Raise  £1.64 £3.16 £3.30
Tilly2 Call  £1.52 £4.68 £2.08
spiersy961 All-in  £2.03 £6.71 £0.00
Patching99 All-in  £3.30 £10.01 £0.00
I have rag ace in BB, see a free flop and 3 hearts fall, bet 3/4 pot to build pot ready for me to take everyones chips.  I get reraised and then 3bet.  Ignore my 4bet was meant to go all in but didn't realise I hadnt clicked it properly.

Question is once the action gets back round to me, its pretty obvious that I am behind.  I think its a given that at least one has the flush, knowing this I dont think i'm getting the right price to chase the flush??  Is the correct move to fold or should I be happy to gamble? 

Comments

• edited January 2011
    id check call the flop at this level. As it happens though im happy getting it in here. WP sir.

Anyways what u have also not mentioned you also havea  gutshot to a wheel which unless they have a flush gives you 3 more outs.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 nut flush draw in multiway limped pot:
    id check call the flop at this level. As it happens though im happy getting it in here. WP sir. Anyways what u have also not mentioned you also havea  gutshot to a wheel which unless they have a flush gives you 3 more outs.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Ha, didn't even see the wheel, blinded by the flush. 

The only reason I questioned it was, whereas I bet thinking I had 9 outs for the flush, by the time it gets back to me on the flop it looking like I have only 5 or 6 and only 12p invested.
  • edited January 2011
    I agree with Don betting at these flops in NL4 as a bluff is quite dangerous imo as most players will call with any pair and you don't actually have anything, just a draw so check calling seems best. Although if you were last to act and it's been checked round you could take a stab  but I always feel it's best to get a big hand at this level then bet like its going out of fasion, NEVER EVER BLUFF.
  • edited January 2011
    Cheers Dude, I agree with what your saying, the reason for the bet wasn't a bluff but to build the pot a bit, didn't want a heart on the turn and the pot still be worth 16p.  Suppose its trying to find a balance for getting paid when I do hit. 
  • edited January 2011

Also when you're drawing to the nuts, and never gonna get committed with anything but the nuts (for example here if you turn a black ace, you aren't gonna commit much money, if any at all) then it's best to have more people in the pot to pay you!

By leading this flop, you may fold out hands including a single heart, maybe 3h, 5,6,7,8,9h.....hands which would probably call at least 1 bet on turn and/or river at this level should you make your hand.

So by check calling, rather than betting, you increase your implied odds as there's more people in the hand to pay you when you have the nuts.

You either want everyone to fold, or nobody to fold, is what I'm trying to say - as there's almost no chance of everyone folding, check is clearly best.
  • edited January 2011
    Also when you're drawing to the nuts, and never gonna get committed with anything but the nuts (for example here if you turn a black ace, you aren't gonna commit much money, if any at all) then it's best to have more people in the pot to pay you! By leading this flop, you may fold out hands including a single heart, maybe 3h, 5,6,7,8,9h.....hands which would probably call at least 1 bet on turn and/or river at this level should you make your hand. So by check calling, rather than betting, you increase your implied odds as there's more people in the hand to pay you when you have the nuts. You either want everyone to fold, or nobody to fold, is what I'm trying to say - as there's almost no chance of everyone folding, check is clearly best.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you must have been reading some poker books again...
  • edited January 2011
    haha is that the wrong word??

More players in the hand = more money we can win !!!

You look like Steven Smith, Australia's sorry excuse of a spin bowler.

I'm also on a 6 game winning streak in $1 HU super turbos on ipoker.

And it's friday

So mocking me wont work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    haha is that the wrong word?? More players in the hand = more money we can win !!! You look like Steven Smith, Australia's sorry excuse of a spin bowler. I'm also on a 6 game winning streak in $1 HU super turbos on ipoker. And it's friday So mocking me wont work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Just surprised you used a technical term. I don't know anything about bowling btw so I don't know who Steven Smith is... is it 10 pin?