You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sad face

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
villain Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £218.46
Paffalot Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £149.73
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

hurst05 Raise   £4.00 £5.50 £189.61
GeezerJT Fold        
eggyegg10 Fold        
villain Call   £3.50 £9.00 £214.96
Paffalot Fold        
Flop

• A
  • A

villain Check        
hurst05 Bet   £6.00 £15.00 £183.61
villain Call   £6.00 £21.00 £208.96
Turn

• J

villain Check        
hurst05 Bet   £14.00 £35.00 £169.61
villain Raise   £28.00 £63.00 £180.96
hurst05 Call   £14.00 £77.00 £155.61
River

villain Bet   £77.00 £154.00 £103.96
hurst05 Fold        
villain Muck        
villain Win   £75.20   £179.16
villain
Return   £77.00 £1.80 £256.16

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Hand History #331198167
    basically i put my oppo on AJ, i think my bet sizing particularly on the turn should have been bigger, it seems min-raising when you have an uber strong hand is the fad at the minute so set alarm bells ringing, didnt re-re-raise as i didnt want to inflate the pot massively with us both being 200bb deep. the river bet screams of desperation to get paid, sigh.

info on oppo non existent, not been involved in many pots if any at all and not played him in the past or at least i dont think i have (probably lol) does anyone call here?
  • edited January 2011

I will jump in first and say YES!!! I absolutely call here!!!!!

Jeeeez I have trouble folding tptk.......

How do you live with yourself folding hands like this??? - Saw u put it in the play my hand requests thing - ur prob best off putting the hand I.D at the top, and be nice to Ling/Mandy this week - will deffo be on the clinic this sunday at 11-30!!! ;)

I wanna know the answer.

So sick if people make these folds and are actually right.

• edited January 2011
    I like the way you played the hand and the bet sizing. Up until the river that is...heads up vs unknown who could be betting anything, including a bunch of Aces you beat. call call call.
  • edited January 2011
    the regs will be suprised a layed it down if they see this teehee, hero fold lol. i typed in the chat box aj? he said no 7-2 off, we both lol'd then he said great fold but id say the same even if i didnt have anything tbf. i had a gut feeling at that time i was smoked, would call here 8-9 times out of 10 ;[
  • edited January 2011
    You should have re raised the turn, since you didnt you have allowed ur oppo to take the betting lead and so he could be bluffin, strange bet tho if he had the nuts (effectively) 77 into 77. played bad imo
  • edited January 2011
    vs an unknown i snap it off and make a note
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: sad face:
    the regs will be suprised a layed it down if they see this teehee, hero fold lol. i typed in the chat box aj? he said no 7-2 off, we both lol'd then he said great fold but id say the same even if i didnt have anything tbf. i had a gut feeling at that time i was smoked, would call here 8-9 times out of 10 ;[
    Posted by hurst05

this made me lol
    You should have re raised the turn, since you didnt you have allowed ur oppo to take the betting lead and so he could be bluffin, strange bet tho if he had the nuts (effectively) 77 into 77. played bad imo
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    then I lol'd some more

• edited January 2011

LOL new id get a reply of this sort, i though id post to get under hurst skin coz he posted "Bad play imo" withought reason on my post so well done Scoty77 to be the first egotistic ...... to comment, well done
  • edited January 2011
    lol!

If flatting the turn encourages him to bluff the river, that's got to be a good thing.
  • edited January 2011
    lol! If flatting the turn encourages him to bluff the river, that's got to be a good thing.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    not if ur gonna fold the river and when ur not sure where u are in a hand...........anyways i only commented coz i knew id get jumped on because ima nl 10 player and hurst is a higher stakes reg
  • edited January 2011

ahhh well I agree with what Pryce said, he set it up well by flatting the turn, so he under-reps his hand, allows the villain to value bet worse, and also continue his bluffs, then just snap call the river. 

I'd be in no doubt that I was ever folding the river, which is why I like the call on the turn if I think he's capable of bluffing the river too.
  • edited January 2011
    LOL new id get a reply of this sort, i though id post to get under hurst skin coz he posted "Bad play imo" withought reason on my post so well done Scoty77 to be the first egotistic **** to comment so well done
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    get under my skin rollingonfloorcluthingmysideswithlaughter. 
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: sad face : get under my skin rollingonfloorcluthingmysideswithlaughter. 
    Posted by hurst05

at least im not the donk who clicked the wrong button lol
  • edited January 2011
    it was one of those hands where you think to yourself, my oppo has this certain hand, ive done this countless times, gone against my gut and my gut was right. i think it was a good fold, hopefully get to see it. the guy has been playing solid on the table and built a nice stack up, not seen him step out of line which leads me to believe he wasnt on a bluff, possible he could have had A10/AQ but i smelt a rat. god please say i was right lolololol i like to be the bluffer not the bluffee :]
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: sad face : at least im not the donk who clicked the wrong button lol
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    indeed
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: sad face : at least im not the donk who clicked the wrong button lol
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    in your eye Hurst you arrogant guy!

:)
  • edited January 2011
    i gotz pwnd ;[
  • edited January 2011
    it was one of those hands where you think to yourself, my oppo has this certain hand, ive done this countless times, gone against my gut and my gut was right. i think it was a good fold, hopefully get to see it. the guy has been playing solid on the table and built a nice stack up, not seen him step out of line which leads me to believe he wasnt on a bluff, possible he could have had A10/AQ but i smelt a rat. god please say i was right lolololol i like to be the bluffer not the bluffee :]
    Posted by hurst05
    tbf I think he probably knows there is a fair chance you have an Ace and therefore pots it for max value. Why bluff someone when they've called a c/mr on the turn with two Aces out there?

It's probably a great fold but the way you set the hand up you have to call anyway for the x amount of times he's an unknown fish bluffing at the worst time

edit: + you have a sick hand init
  • edited January 2011
    Flops Nuts 55 nice fold,
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: sad face : tbf I think he probably knows there is a fair chance you have an Ace and therefore pots it for max value. Why bluff someone when they've called a c/mr on the turn with two Aces out there? It's probably a great fold but the way you set the hand up you have to call anyway for the x amount of times he's an unknown fish bluffing at the worst time edit: + you have a sick hand init
    Posted by pryce6
    this effectively is what i thought, and the reason i folded. the bet on the end was like, purleeeeeeeeease call me i wants moniez
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    wOw!

I almost chocked on my dinner when i saw that you had folded this Hursty!

then reading it back, it does look like you are beat, but against an unknown he could have anything...

Hope they show this on the poker clinic so we can see what he had!
  • edited January 2011
    Flops Nuts 55 nice fold,
    Posted by yuranASSet
    A5 Would be flopping the nutz FTW

Well...Aa would be But we know Hurst HAs got the other A Just b4 people say :D
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: sad face : A5 Would be flopping the nutz FTW Well...Aa would be But we know Hurst HAs got the other A Just b4 people say :D
    Posted by shaun09
    "Pointless posst of the dayyyyyy" Said in Harry hill'esk style
  • edited January 2011
    id put money on that he had either pocket js or 5s
  • edited January 2011
    good fold imo, i wouldnt be at all surprised if he has pocket jacks here, this would be a pretty sick bluff and your best scenario would be a chop
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: sad face : "Pointless posst of the dayyyyyy" Said in Harry hill'esk style
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    You just as bad for replying to it lol
  • edited January 2011
    the way it played out i think genius fold, if not hes getting a sticky slapped on his forehead

• edited January 2011
    i think if he has a weaker ace its a pretty thin value bet on the river considering you opened utg and how you played this hand so i wouldnt expect him to pot it, the only Ace i would pot bet for value would be Ak which is a hand you can flat an utg raiser from the blinds with, i dont like calling this amount on the end for the sake of note taking,

i think if you fold here everytime in this same scenario you will save money
  • edited January 2011
    Definitely one for the Poker Clinic on Sunday night.......I can't wait to get to the studio tomorrow afternoon and see what he had........in fact, I might even drive in now :))