You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

3 Omaha hands overplayed?(omaha experts thoughts please no offence don & dohhh :p)

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
deux, next hand bit of silly shove really but shows the bingo calling had feeling most pp would be calling, run better although should have just flatted pre this one obv mistake
Destiny33 Big blind   £0.10 £0.10 £8.70
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K
  • K

Candid Raise   £0.50 £0.60 £9.88
YOUNG_GUN All-in   £9.70 £10.30 £0.00
Blue_Zero Call   £9.70 £20.00 £15.48
andybuck Fold        
Destiny33 Fold        
Candid Fold        
YOUNG_GUN Show
  • K
  • K
  • K

Blue_Zero Show

Flop

• J
  • J

Turn

River

Blue_Zero Win Full House, 10s and Jacks £18.60   £34.08

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Right numero uno been very tight on this table constant raises, decide to call pre thinking implied odds etc

is this bad call pre?

should i have just flatted post flop? or just a cooler
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    andybuck Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £33.46
    billypro Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £5.40
      Your hole cards

Destiny33 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £9.80
    Candid Call   £0.10 £0.35 £11.38
    YOUNG_GUN Call   £0.10 £0.45 £18.99
    Blue_Zero Call   £0.10 £0.55 £9.29
    andybuck Call   £0.05 £0.60 £33.41
    billypro Raise   £1.00 £1.60 £4.40
    Destiny33 Call   £1.00 £2.60 £8.80
    Candid Call   £1.00 £3.60 £10.38
    YOUNG_GUN Call   £1.00 £4.60 £17.99
    Blue_Zero Call   £1.00 £5.60 £8.29
    andybuck Fold        
    Flop

billypro All-in   £4.40 £10.00 £0.00
    Destiny33 Fold        
    Candid Fold        
    YOUNG_GUN All-in   £17.99 £27.99 £0.00
    Blue_Zero All-in   £8.29 £36.28 £0.00
    YOUNG_GUN Unmatched bet   £9.70 £26.58 £9.70
    billypro Show
    • Q
    • Q

YOUNG_GUN Show

Blue_Zero Show
    • J
    • J

Turn

River

• Q

Blue_Zero Win Straight to the 8 £25.18   £25.18
  • edited January 2011
    wtf???????

Even I know that playing trips in omaha is terrible!

It's not even a flat pre.

It's not even a fold.

It's a SNAP FOLD !!!
  • edited January 2011
    heres another stupid omaha, set over set etc here i flop nuts with set so redraw aswell
    Destiny33 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £10.18
    YOUNG_GUN Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £7.45
      Your hole cards

andybuck Call   £0.10 £0.25 £29.91
    Destiny33 Call   £0.05 £0.30 £10.13
    YOUNG_GUN Check        
    Flop

Destiny33 Check        
    YOUNG_GUN Bet   £0.30 £0.60 £7.15
    andybuck Call   £0.30 £0.90 £29.61
    Destiny33 Call   £0.30 £1.20 £9.83
    Turn

• A

Destiny33 Bet   £1.00 £2.20 £8.83
    YOUNG_GUN Raise   £3.40 £5.60 £3.75
    andybuck All-in   £29.61 £35.21 £0.00
    Destiny33 All-in   £8.83 £44.04 £0.00
    YOUNG_GUN All-in   £3.75 £47.79 £0.00
    andybuck Unmatched bet   £19.78 £28.01 £19.78
    Destiny33 Show

YOUNG_GUN Show

andybuck Show
    • A

River

• J

Destiny33 Win Straight to the Jack £26.61   £26.61
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: 2 Omaha hands overplayed?:
    wtf??????? Even I know that playing trips in omaha is terrible! It's not even a flat pre. It's not even a fold. It's a SNAP FOLD !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1
  • edited January 2011
    I didnt shove cos i had 3 kings lol, i shoved cos bit tilted(probably) and 2 kings. expected silly call by 1010, just they hit unfortunately
  • edited January 2011
    It was a flip.....

Against 2,6,9,A rainbow, your hand wud have been only 53%

Unless he's been playing quads - I think you made a big mistake ;)
  • edited January 2011
    hand one fold pre (GARBAGE)
    hand 2 fold pre (GARBAGE)
    hand 3 overplayed
  • edited January 2011
    is hand 1 really that bad?? pair, double suited, straight draws even though big raise good odds?
  • edited January 2011
    hand 1 double suited to 8 and 9 flush....WOW WEEE against these limp monkeys you should be waiting for a much better hand imo
  • edited January 2011
     2 very interesting hands ( and the second one).

Let us begin with hand 2.In 2 words    YOU MUPPET.

Hands 1 and 3 are very interesting due to the fact that they are the mirror of eachother. Hand 1 where you cant lay down top set against the made straight and hand 3 where you cant get top set to lay down against your made straight.

For me you played hand 3 perfectly and overplayed hand 1. In hand 1 you have top set on the most coordinated board imaginable so you are very likely to be behind or having to house up to win due to the board.So for me i would like to see pot control excercised until your hand improves in this sort of multiway pot.

In hand 3 you have flopped the nuts with redraws and for me i would not be able to get the money in fast enough. If you would ever consider not playing the nuts hard and fast then dont bother playing omaha.Any consideration to playing this any slower is ludicrous because it just invites in all the redraws.

Well no surprise here apart from hand 2 i disagree with the others on these hands. Well life would be boring if we all thought the same
  • edited January 2011
    I'm not gonna comment too much on the hands cos I'm still trying to get to grips with the game as it is (currently reading a very good book by Jeff Hwang).

Hand 1 - I don't think it's the worst thing to see a flop here imo. You've got suited straightening cards & multi way if you hit it hard enough you could well be in for a big pot here. On the flop I would probably tank fold. There's a possible made straight out already plus a flush draw.

Hand 2 - I would just fold pre. What are you really hoping to hit with this? You've a one outer for a set & that's about it.

Hand 3 - I don't honestly know tbf. Flopped nuts but anyone with 2 hearts in their hand won't be going too far particularly if one happens to be the ace.

My thinking on these could well be wrong but like I said I'm still trying to get to grips with this.

One thing I really don't understand though is why so many people on here want to get involved in NO LIMIT omaha! In my limited experience pot limit can get funky enough but no limit!!!
  • edited January 2011
    fwiw, I couldn't agree more with you on this talon- I think hand 2 is an absolute no brainer of course (bit like you during that hand, YG!!). I'm also not an omaha expert.

My view on omaha (situationally, of course) is that if there's a possibility of a better hand out there- someone almost definitely has it. Top set on a VERY straightening board is vulnerable, and I sure as hell wouldn't be dumping my stack straight in- you must know you have to house up. If I had the made straight there, your move is perfect- you want to try and price out the redraws if possible.

Whilst you have the nuts in omaha, bet bet and bet again. The nuts is liable to change every street. Unless you have an absolute monster draw which you know makes you a % favourite (like holding 4589 on an A67 board, giving you millions of outs to the straight) try and see cards as cheaply as possible, and don't overvalue hands. I like the last hand best for sure, set and nut straight- get your stack in asap!
  • edited January 2011
    Also, regarding flush draws- remember the odds on them are no different than in holdem. You want people to come along with their flush draw, as long as they don't have other massive outs to bump you out- it's still only a 35% shot to hit that flush. If you don't get the money in on flop you'll never get it in if they don't hit their flush, and if they do then you're either folding or getting stacked. Make the price as unappealing as possible with the nuts and hope they're willing to pay it.
  • edited January 2011
    regarding hand 2 only thing which explains is tilt, i know 3 kings is rubbish and totally de-values my hand

thanks for your comments colin i understand them both and appreciate you commenting
  • edited January 2011
    hand1 postflop is fine imo, the guy shoves for ~80% pot we have topset and a gutterball redraw. although in general you are going to flop so many dominated draws  i think you should be dumping it preflop.

hand3 only thing i could mention is pot reraise the turn. if my maffs is gud then you can reraise to 4.20. its also really fun pressing pot
  • edited January 2011
    Who on earth plays no limit Omaha?!