You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

3-bet pot o.o.p is this 2nd barrel bad?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceLOL_RAISESmall blind £0.50£0.50£100.00CLIOKIDBig blind £1.00£1.50£121.94 Your hole cardsQA   BARRYTERRYFold    gavin1969Fold    xRaise £3.00£4.50£90.26LOL_RAISEFold    CLIOKIDRaise £8.00£12.50£113.94xCall £6.00£18.50£84.26Flop  6210   CLIOKIDBet £13.88£32.38£100.06xCall £13.88£46.26£70.38Turn  8   CLIOKIDBet £34.70£80.96£65.36xAll-in £70.38£151.34£0.00      

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Ok.

Don't know too much about oppo other than they bought in half stacked and were button raising every time they got a chance.

This is my second 3-bet on them.

Fire the flop and meet resistance...

Is the bet on the turn ok? Or is this a spot to give up? Did i bet too big?

Once he shoves do I have to call off the rest?
  • ybyb
    edited January 2011
    I'd 3bet a bit bigger oop.

Also your flop and turn sizing is bad imo, you've let £36 behind into a £115 pot if he flats the turn bet. You can bet the flop and turn a lot smaller to get value against a bigger range when you're betting for value and also to make your bluffs cheaper as in this case.

Seeing as he bought in for half stack he is mostly likely not that great and isn't folding many pairs on that board, I'd probably just check tbh.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: 3-bet pot o.o.p is this 2nd barrel bad?:
    I'd 3bet a bit bigger oop. Also your flop and turn sizing is bad imo, you've let £36 behind into a £115 pot if he flats the turn bet. You can bet the flop and turn a lot smaller to get value against a bigger range when you're betting for value and also to make your bluffs cheaper as in this case. Seeing as he bought in for half stack he is mostly likely not that great and isn't folding many pairs on that board, I'd probably just check tbh.
    Posted by yb
    Yeah, to be honest I meant to make it £11 to go pre instead of £9. 

When I posted this hand up I was pretty sure my bet sizing would be criticised. And I agree that I got it wrong. What would be a better size?

I'll post up result a bit later just to tilt myself even more!
  • ybyb
    edited January 2011
    something like 9 on flop, 20 on turn and shove river seems fine if you wanted to bet 3 streets. As played I would still fold to the turn shove as its very likely we have a maximum of 6 outs and its 35 into 150 so we aren't getting the price I don't think.
  • edited January 2011
    For some reason I can't seem to post the hands outcome up, keeps coming up coded.

Anyway I called as thought probably priced in.

Villan had 23 of clubs.

Summed up my day where I ran KK into AA, and then QQ into KK on 3 occassions.

Throw in taking a shot at 200nl and getting screwed on the river by J7 against TT and it's been a bad day!