You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM limped pot in BB flop trips rag kicker whas your play?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
OK basic history first, this has been a very active table alot of small pots, the odd big pot. SB has been in about every single one of them tbh. Id have liked to have been at about 3000 chips by this stage but because of the activeness of the table i deciced to take a back seat and play ULTRA tight. Only playing when i have the nuts or a strong bluffing spot (highly unlikley) anyways then this hand crops up.

Now since ive not played a single hand im unsure. Ive flopped the trips and SB has checked, with the button inbehind im not sure if i should check this street or if betting would be more optimal

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexSmall blind 75.0075.005310.00The_Don90Big blind 150.00225.001695.00 Your hole cards6K   foldFold    dCall 150.00375.002780.00xCall 75.00450.005235.00The_Don90Check    Flop  KK3   xCheck    The_Don90Bet

Comments

• edited January 2011
    You have said how active the table is but do you have any specific info?? you have flopped basically the nuts obv barring 33. Quite dry hear so checking wouldn't be bad, but it depends.

What range would d limp on the dealer button? same with x? if you think they will fold if you bet would check, i'd prob bet about 300 if i am betting here
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM limped pot in BB flop trips rag kicker whas your play?:
    You have said how active the table is but do you have any specific info?? you have flopped basically the nuts obv barring 33. Quite dry hear so checking wouldn't be bad, but it depends. What range would d limp on the dealer button? same with x? if you think they will fold if you bet would check, i'd prob bet about 300 if i am betting here
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    literally any two is the limping range of x. d im not so sure on hed been like me rather quiet. Just a little more active i hadnt seen him get to a showdown once.
  • edited January 2011
    i'd probably bet then to build the pot, dont mind the check but you cant really narrow down their range or find out any info on them so bet 300 imo then see what happens :)
  • edited January 2011
    check.  our stack is too shallow at 11bb to be donking in order to build the pot, very easy to get 11bb in on turn/river and we require a double up.
  • edited January 2011
    Yup, im with scotty here.

if this guy likes a bluff, check to him, and try to get him to put some money in on the turn river.
  • edited January 2011
    why would you not want to build the pot/ commit when its likely you have the others crushed?

In need of chips so if you bet they fold thats fine, if you bet they call thats cool aswell as you will know more about your opponent. although i have mentioned i dont mind the check but is 3 way so more chance you can get outdrawn etc so start pot building/get them to fold aim to get it on turn if not flop
  • edited January 2011
    KK3 rainbow is not a board we really ahve to worry about getting outdrawn on.  Something like KKTss then yeah ok maybe bet.

Once again we have 11bb.  We don't need to build it.  We can bet 2.5bb turn and still make an easy shove river.  yeah someone may have 44 and bink a 4 turn but whatver.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm not really worried about getting outdrawn too much otherwise i would bet more, what i mean is you find out nothing out with the check. if turn goes check check then harder to get it on the river and get called, by betting out also disguises strength of your hand sometimes depends whether the opponents have been paying attention.

betting out 300 does not loook like the nutz here as surely people with check with trips most of the time on such a dry board? possible we still get caller with pp which will be a result, Acex hands, someone with a 3, i think although its a dry board likely your get a caller still
  • edited January 2011
    in what i assume is a lowish level DYM people don't think about your holding.  they only think about theirs.
  • edited January 2011

Yeah I would also check this flop. Most of the time I like donking out with trips for deception and to prevent against draws. But as Scotty has said there are literally no draws out here and if you donk out it is very likely that it will go fold fold if your behind and you'll get action only if your (virtually) dead. The only exception to this where you would benefit from donking is if an opponent has a middle pair and the donk bet tells them you don't have a king. Would you think that either player would raise a PP pre-flop?

FWIW, although I am obviously going all the way with this hand at this stage if need-be, I am not hell-bent on a complete double up here. It's not impossible that someone else has a king and with the 3 out it looks like kickers are playing. So part of my reason for checking is also for pot control. If a complete brick (eg 5h, 7h) hits the turn I probably check again also but I would weak bet most turns and then again on the river.

If the guy on the button bets weak/normalish at the flop I will just call him down, again for pot control reasons. If he makes a large bet that you think a weakish player is incapable of making in this spot with a king then I would c/r all-in and expect to get a double up off a 3 or mid PP.  

• edited January 2011

As Scotty rightly says this is probably Low stakes DYM therefore IMO type GERONIMO in chat box, all in, 2 callers, triple up. New chip leader. Take it down. EZ game
  • edited January 2011
     As Scotty rightly says this is probably Low stakes DYM therefore IMO type GERONIMO in chat box, all in, 2 callers, triple up. New chip leader. Take it down. EZ game
    Posted by pomfrittes

lol quality post!
  • edited January 2011

SO WHAT DID YOU DO DON ?

• edited January 2011
      SO WHAT DID YOU DO DON ?
    Posted by pomfrittes
    i lead for about 300. As i said i hadnt played a hand and wanted to diguise my hand. they both folded - looking back i think not playing a hand goes against me a little here.

I was confused and someone once told me never to play confused lol.