You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hu, getting paid with premium hands!

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
struggling at moment to get paid off with premium starting hands. hu what would you lead out with pre and was the flop played right? trying to find balance between winning a good pot and losing a bad one pod1 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £25.06 ZCAPAM Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £12.47   Your hole cards K K       pod1 Raise  £0.50 £0.80 £24.56 ZCAPAM Call  £0.40 £1.20 £12.07 Flop    4 10 6       ZCAPAM Check     pod1 Bet  £0.90 £2.10 £23.66 ZCAPAM Raise  £1.80 £3.90 £10.27 pod1 Raise  £5.70 £9.60 £17.96 ZCAPAM Raise  £9.60 £19.20 £0.67 pod1 Call  £4.80 £24.00 £13.16 Turn    9       ZCAPAM All-in  £0.67 £24.67 £0.00 pod1 Call  £0.67 £25.34 £12.49 pod1 Show K K    ZCAPAM Show 10 5    River    10       ZCAPAM Win Three 10s £24.34

Comments

• edited January 2011
    is this a badbeat post?
  • edited January 2011
    pod u played fine obv as above :)
  • edited January 2011
    no nick, the question was do you lead out the same as a "good hand" or do you represent a stronger hand hoping to build a larger pot and then re look again at flop. str forward question really!!!!
  • edited January 2011

IMHO You achieved your objective which was to get all of his chips in.

Poker is poker though and sometimes your opponent will hit on the River at long odds.

There is no one way to play. It depends on the opponent.

In general get the chips in early building the pot pre and post flop so you can shove on the turn. If the opponent calls when behind, as in your case, and gets lucky just move on. It happens to everyone.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: hu, getting paid with premium hands!:
    no nick, the question was do you lead out the same as a "good hand" or do you represent a stronger hand hoping to build a larger pot and then re look again at flop. str forward question really!!!!
    Posted by pod1
    i dont really get the question, in hu its all about your opponent and how he plays and how he thinks you play, say if he folds to a lot of c-bets then you can bet smaller or check flop depending on board texture in relation to his calling range pre, if hes calling alot then you can bet bigger pre and lead out bigger, has he minraised flop before does he do it with drawing hands? you need to counter act his play, you need to know his playing style and adjust your game to the most profitable way to play against him
  • edited January 2011
    thanks nick, i think i should stay playing a certain level to, when jumping around from nl10/20 to 30/50 im finding the game changes and not changing my game quick enough.had a very passive player last friday at nl 20 an ubber aggressive guy at nl50 on weds. the bet sizing leading out changed sooo much from being the aggressor to playing trappy i got myself caught between a brick and a hard place!!!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: hu, getting paid with premium hands!:
    thanks nick, i think i should stay playing a certain level to, when jumping around from nl10/20 to 30/50 im finding the game changes and not changing my game quick enough.had a very passive player last friday at nl 20 an ubber aggressive guy at nl50 on weds. the bet sizing leading out changed sooo much from being the aggressor to playing trappy i got myself caught between a brick and a hard place!!!
    Posted by pod1
    I dont think this is so much the level changes pod, just different opponents.

Agaiant the passive player be alot more aggressive and against the aggressive player play alot more flops/make more 3/4bets pre.

Simple really. You get this at all levels. I played NL4 HU for a long while in december. First opponent, limp called everytime then folded a flop.

Next opponent raised every hand.

Adapting to the play is key HU, easyer said that done i know.
  • edited January 2011
    struggling to get paid yet you post a hand where you got paid

/confused
  • edited January 2011
    look again zing!!!!!!!!!!!. your right don, just got to adapt quicker!!
  • edited January 2011
    look again?

i'm not blind, my statement is correct if you have any brain cells.
  • edited January 2011
    i lost £ 24  ???????????????