You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just how bad a hand is being dealt trips in omaha???

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Looking for some adjectves and phrases to describe how bad a hand such as K K K 8 is in normal omaha.

Would you ever play this kinda hand?

Would you limp with it, and try to spike the case King?

Would you ever raise it?

Would you ever put all your money in with it pre flop?

As an omaha donkey, who doesn't really understand the game, can you give me a NLHE equivelent, of putting 100xbb in pre flop with KKK8 in omaha?

I need this clarifying as I'm gonna start playing some more omaha.

I would also like to totally humiliate young gun - so don't hold back.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Holdem equivalent

5 betting all in vs tikay in level 1 of an ooober deepstack with J2 o/s.

Its just terribad.

NLO is terribad.
  • edited January 2011
    lol i agreed with you its terribad!

Would you ever play this kinda hand? I have my moments ;-)

Would you limp with it, and try to spike the case King? possible limp but depends on the action before

Would you ever raise it? rarely

Would you ever put all your money in with it pre flop? unless i got loads of draws but with the hand in question never in a million years!

As an omaha donkey, who doesn't really understand the game, can you give me a NLHE equivelent, of putting 100xbb in pre flop with KKK8 in omaha? your a general donkey, hmmm k10 off shove maybe

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Just how bad a hand is being dealt trips in omaha???:
    lol i agreed with you its terribad! Would you ever play this kinda hand? I have my moments ;-) Would you limp with it, and try to spike the case King? possible limp but depends on the action before Would you ever raise it? rarely Would you ever put all your money in with it pre flop? unless i got loads of draws but with the hand in question never in a million years! As an omaha donkey, who doesn't really understand the game, can you give me a NLHE equivelent, of putting 100xbb in pre flop with KKK8 in omaha? your a general donkey, hmmm k10 off shove maybe
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

I think you are still underestimating how bad it is....

I was thinking more along the lines of....

In an unraised pot, the small blind exposes his hand, shows pocket 7's, and moves all in for 300 big blinds.

You have him covered, look down at 7-2 off suit in the big blind, and make a snap call.
  • edited January 2011
    I didn't snap call i shoved!

obviously its not as bad as 7-2 vs 77 as my opponent did not have spades or case king

ok maybe k10 off is bit too good for it, maybe q8 in a 4 x utg raise but from a complete donk :)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Just how bad a hand is being dealt trips in omaha???:
    Looking for some adjectves and phrases to describe how bad a hand such as K K K 8 is in normal omaha. Would you ever play this kinda hand? Would you limp with it, and try to spike the case King? Would you ever raise it? Would you ever put all your money in with it pre flop? As an omaha donkey, who doesn't really understand the game, can you give me a NLHE equivelent, of putting 100xbb in pre flop with KKK8 in omaha? I need this clarifying as I'm gonna start playing some more omaha. I would also like to totally humiliate young gun - so don't hold back.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Don't forget you can't hit quads with this starting hand, if that's what you meant (?) as you can only play two cards from your starting hand.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeh thats what I mean Nosey, set mining with 1 out ! :D

• edited January 2011
     AAAx is pretty fun to play the nut flush blocker game
  • edited January 2011
    I witnessed a few weeks back at 10pl Omaha a guy playing AAAA like he had the nuts.... and he won a big pot with 2 pairs pmsl!
  • edited January 2011
    iv seen player think they have the nuts with Ah 9h 6h 2h on a board with a single heart and this plo 100
  • edited January 2011
    As said on the other thread i do not think its a good hand and tilted end of.

• edited January 2011
    lol i've just realised how much worse the move is, even though i thought was bad...

3 possible starting hands = very bad
    KK
    K8 suited
    K8 off

possible hands people will call 100bb +

AAxx
    AQJ10 DS etc
    101099 DS
    possibly 2 pp which isn't often

in short the only time im ever ahead which would be marginal pre is when i shoved in the said hand, is very bad i know that, you know that. was tilt which did it

PS- im in a foul mood today so please dont wind me up too much
  • edited January 2011
    lol i've just realised how much worse the move is, even though i thought was bad... 3 possible starting hands = very bad KK K8 suited K8 off possible hands people will call 100bb + AAxx AQJ10 DS etc 101099 DS possibly 2 pp which isn't often in short the only time im ever ahead which would be marginal pre is when i shoved in the said hand, is very bad i know that, you know that. was tilt which did it PS- im in a foul mood today so please dont wind me up too much
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    This just makes me want to wind you up even more.....Hopefully you might even snap, Lucy style.

I really hope Talon goes to town when he sees this and writes 3/4 paragraphs about why it's bad to play trips in omaha. He normally doesn't hold back, so I'd encourage you Talon to be honest, and personalise your reply to aim it specifically at young gun please.

Total humiliation is the only way I'm afraid.

P.S - classing K8off and K8 suited as 2 different starting hands has GOT to be clutching at straws abit.
  • edited January 2011
    lol i wont bite mate so good luck with that just saying i'd prefer you not to
  • edited January 2011
    lol i wont bite mate so good luck with that just saying i'd prefer you not to
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    haaaaaaaaa I have no conscience, nice try.
  • edited January 2011

In Response to Re: Just how bad a hand is being dealt trips in omaha??? : haaaaaaaaa I have no conscience, nice try.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol that does not suprise me