You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the curse

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
the wife is in need of a new(ish) car, and as its her birthday soon i am going to sucumb to her wishes. problem is  every time i withdraw money from here i get hit by the curse! even chatting with friends last night about how much to take out i noticed a sharp swing downwards in my luck at the tables. does anyone know how to overcome said curse. do i write a letter to sky pleading not to hit the"button" or is it just a for gone conclusion that when you take money out you are doomed!

Comments

• edited January 2011

have you considered divorce?

• edited January 2011
    yep i`v notice that too, take money out and go on a bad run, now i`v told misses never again, she can tighten her belt and not spend so much ?
  • edited January 2011
    I'm glad someone else mentioned this as the same thing tends to happen to me. In the past year I've only made two sizeable withdrawals & on both occasions I've had the mother of downswings straight after.

I'm not gonna get into the whole conspiracy theory debate cos I'm quite a sane & logical person most of the time but at least I'm not the only one who experiences this.
  • edited January 2011
    im gonna move down levels to counter act the swing and br has shrunk so bye bye nl30/40/50 and drunken 100. please sky dont make it a long swing   kind regards phil xxxxx
  • edited January 2011
    Pod ,
            Forget the car just get her a bus pass,its cheaper and wont change your luck at the tables.
                                         Regards  Mick.
  • edited January 2011
    The supposed 'curse' happens to people because of their own reactions to their suddenly reduced bankroll.  Some people try to win back the money immediately and either move too high up the levels or play a lot looser.  Other people don't recognise the change in bankroll and are suddenly out of their comfort zone playing the same levels playing scared.

When you withdraw you should continue according to the same BRM rules and style you played to get the money in the first place.  I withdrew money earlier in the week and my ROI has been steady since.  Boo to the 'curse.'
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: the curse:
    The supposed 'curse' happens to people because of their own reactions to their suddenly reduced bankroll.  Some people try to win back the money immediately and either move too high up the levels or play a lot looser.  Other people don't recognise the change in bankroll and are suddenly out of their comfort zone playing the same levels playing scared. When you withdraw you should continue according to the same BRM rules and style you played to get the money in the first place.  I withdrew money earlier in the week and my ROI has been steady since.  Boo to the 'curse.'
    Posted by TommyD
    i don`t play any differrant, i can only improve from bad fish donk
  • edited January 2011

This explains alot.

I've withdrawn at least once every other day for months now. 

Mickjenn must have never withdrawn in his life, balance probably has 7 zero's on the end or sumthing.