You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is a shove best here?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Opponent is a loose semi regular player, who likes to be in lots of pots and seems to play 'pretty cards' rather than position!   

When he raises my turn bet, what is generally the best line to take? Is a shove optimal - with the finger already on the reload! Is it worth a shove knowing u could well be hoping to get the redraw flush? Is AA still strong enough to go with on paired, flushing board? Does his image make it harder to fold here?
BrownnDog Small blind   £1.00 £1.00 £199.00
Paffalot Big blind   £2.00 £3.00 £340.43
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

boby54 Fold        
phil12uk Raise   £6.00 £9.00 £218.55
vil Call   £6.00 £15.00 £233.02
BrownnDog Fold        
Paffalot Fold        
Flop

phil12uk Bet   £11.25 £26.25 £207.30
vil Call   £11.25 £37.50 £221.77
Turn

phil12uk Bet   £18.75 £56.25 £188.55
vil Raise   £56.25 £112.50 £165.52

Comments

• edited January 2011
    i think the shove is the worse option here
  • ybyb
    edited January 2011
    I agree that shoving is bad, his range is really polarised and we have the Ad so its not like we have to protect against anything, all shoving does is fold out his air. Cawl and c/evaluate every river card.

If you just had the Ad with no pair I'd like shoving better.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is a shove best here?:
    I agree that shoving is bad, his range is really polarised and we have the Ad so its not like we have to protect against anything, all shoving does is fold out his air. Cawl and c/evaluate every river card. If you just had the Ad with no pair I'd like shoving better.
    Posted by yb
    if river blanks how are you responding to bets? say half pot and pot? with phils image
  • ybyb
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is a shove best here?:
    In Response to Re: Is a shove best here? : if river blanks how are you responding to bets? say half pot and pot? with phils image
    Posted by N1CK
    depends on reads lol. if readless then probably folding tbh.