You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonights Mastcash/Cash 300 will be Mostly BLAND (Show thread)

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Yep.. 

Tonight Mr Trevor Harris and myself have a little something extra for you wonderfful Sky Poker peeps to get your laughing gear around tonight!! We will be joined by none other than Sky Poker Legend Dave 'El Blandie' Bland!!

This one's for you Irene ;)

With Mastercash and the Cash 300, Dave is going to be putting his pedal to the medal and offering his innate poker wisdom and thoughts on your play!!

I personally could not be MORE excited for the lovely Mr Bland to be the proverbial Poker meat in a Long/Harris Sandwich..

Something about that last sentence just sounds all shades of wrongness..

Get your questions for Trev and Dave (Sounds like a Grass roots band!) on this thread!!

More to come later....

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Yay!!!  Love Sky_Dave (did he and all of the Sky dudes have to change their names by deed poll?  Hope so).

Really looking forward to the show, as always :)
  • edited January 2011
    LML can we embarras dave show some of my HU action v him please.
  • edited January 2011
    i might play cash 300 tonight, although rarely any point what with offshoot seemingly taking everyones money on it, run good!
  • edited January 2011
    Really looking forward to this. Last time Dave was on (last time I saw anyway) was one of, if not the, best cash show in my opinion. Either that one or the with LOLUFOLD. Dave's analysis was great, really in-depth.
  • edited January 2011
    BLANDIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Thanks LML but I brought my own!!!!!

For the record LM TOLD ME TO DO IT ;oD

Looking forward to the show...t'will be EPIC!!

xx
  • edited January 2011

Hope you trio (oh, chocolate!) have a good show.

A MTT question for MR Bland (see, respect there sir)

Playing small PP's OOP. This has happened to me twice now near the cash bubble when playing live. It is widely known that it is easier to shove with any two than it is to call with any two. However, after a couple of limpers I have shoved with AK suited and KQ suited. On both occasions I was called by 33 once and 55 in the other. Both times the small pp held and I was KO shortly after. If the roles were reversed, I could not make these calls with these small pp's so my question really is should I open up my range of 'calling' hands in these situations or continue to have the mind set that I have where I would of folded both of these hands?

(I am sure LML can shorten this question btw, but I hope you understand the principle in the question)
  • edited January 2011
    can you please let me know what level cash startin at, the last time i was on master cash (at home last minute plus 5 females- 4 where kids)  dave was host with sarah champion, if not out off bank-roll would like too know if i`ve improved, and that nite ended up 140% profit, then blackfish`s mate beat it following week< lol, will defo watch still
  • edited January 2011
    I'd like to know which table is starting too :-)
  • edited January 2011
    Another mtt question for Dave.

How does he feel about accepting flips, in later stages of tournaments, in which he believes he has a significant edge over the field. 

Would he ever turn down a flip, if he was sure he was racing - if mathematically he should call........

For example if Dave makes a terrible open of 4xbb utg with 55, and the bb exposes AK, then moves all in or half of Daves stack - it's obviously +ev to call, as you are getting better than even money...........Would he ever fold?

What %age of Daves stack would the villain have to have to consider doing this?  
  • edited January 2011
    Have a good un' guys
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Tonights Mastcash/Cash 300 will be Mostly BLAND (Show thread):
    i might play cash 300 tonight, although rarely any point what with offshoot seemingly taking everyones money on it, run good!
    Posted by hurst05
    maybe not after a series of coolers. running like gordon brown
  • edited January 2011

Thanks guys.. keep 'em coming!!

Sky Mandy is on the case getting everything ready for tonuights show... So we will let you know what cash levels we are starting at in about 30mins :)

• edited January 2011
    wear the grey shirt pls dave
  • edited January 2011
    Evening all......

We will be kicking off with some 5p/10p and 25p/50p cash action, before moving on to the Cash 300 tables (£1.50/£3) in the second hour.

Keep your hand IDs, and questions, coming in ......

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Tonights Mastcash/Cash 300 will be Mostly BLAND (Show thread):
    Evening all...... We will be kicking off with some 5p/10p and 25p/50p cash action, before moving on to the Cash 300 tables (£1.50/£3) in the second hour. Keep your hand IDs, and questions, coming in ......
    Posted by Sky_Mandy

Hi sky mandy, A tough cash spot ,What Would Dave do here .....

Hand History #332319489 (17:50 21/01/2011)

Im facing a shove on the turn after tanking i rather reluctantly folded, was it the right fold
  • edited January 2011
    Similar to the hand above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'd like to know how Dave and Trev respond to the shove on the flop here.

Hand History #331095735
    It's 30nl - so will go well with the first hour of the show tonight ;)

Can you let me know if theres a chance of it being shown? - Might make the difference with my choice of viewing tonight ;)
  • edited January 2011

thats how you get me to spazzz out
  • edited January 2011

I would like to ask about Delta's first hand at SPT Newcastle where he went out V Mick Jenn (Delta had JJ in the BB and Mick had AK and raised,  Delta called so Mick went all in which Delta called and Mick spiked an A.

I'm not saying what is right or what is wrong (I think there are valid reasons for a couple of ways to play this) but I'd like to ask all 3 of you - if you was Delta, how would you have played the hand and why?

cheers all and have a great show xx
  • edited January 2011
    Has Blandiiiiieeeeeeee had a haircut for the show ;oD

xx
  • edited January 2011
    Hi guys,

Trev, could you have a word with Arsene Wenger and ask him to take some pity on The Terriers in the FA Cup 4th Round.

I fear it could be double figures!  
  • edited January 2011
    Congrats on passing your theory LM (saw it in passing on twitter). 

P.S.  Can't wait to see my team (West Ham) romp to victory in the Leaugue Cup Final.  Ipswich will be a walk in the park.
  • edited January 2011
    Trevor- "Is the galaxy bigger than the universe?"
    Am I the only person who found this moment absolutely staggering this evening?
    Trev, you've seriously let yourself down there mate! I thought you were an intelligent man!
    No wonder you support Arsenal.
    PS- The world is not flat, it's round. Hope that helps...
    PPS- Evening LM and Blando Calrissian. Loving your work as ever.
  • edited January 2011
    Tripdave would like to ask sky_dave (my dopplelganger) for advice on beating the bubble...I tend to get bored with slow play and looooooooooong tanking, therefore I tend to play quite aggro to create action and pick up some 'easy' chips...I also tend to hate leaving my chips behind so three barrel bluff some....let's just say I bubble...LOTS!!!

P.S. please can you tell Chesty Trev he was right..I was weak when I min raised him at newcastle...I had the mighty 72 sooooooted but couldn't show as it would have ruined my raise credibility...plus he didn't pay to see.....

xx
  • edited January 2011
    Trevor- "Is the galaxy bigger than the universe?" Am I the only person who found this moment absolutely staggering this evening? Trev, you've seriously let yourself down there mate! I thought you were an intelligent man! No wonder you support Arsenal. PS- The world is not flat, it's round. Hope that helps... PPS- Evening LM and Blando Calrissian. Loving your work as ever.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Sometimes I forget how funny you are Rich

xx

• edited January 2011
    'hmmm not had a Daily Semi in a while'

LM ur worse than Orford.

• edited January 2011
    Can i have some more advice on beating the bubble please.  Not sure i'm doing it right.  Does cream help?
  • edited January 2011
    Hi all,
    I'm a regular tournament player and have been considering trying my hand at online poker and have been watching your programme for tips. However, I've had a question bothering me nighttime/daytime and I was hoping little blandie could help me out. And that is, how does the game change when you can't read other players' body language?
    CertainAngle
  • edited January 2011
    Can I ask all three of you if any of you have any superstitions before playing a big tournament/game.

Mine is I have to wear a certain wristwatch before playing any MTT.

• edited January 2011
    enjoyed-ish watchin 5/10p table earlier shame every hand you showed was me folding, im not a nit like dtwbandit and tikay was playing ( honest ) and getting bluffs through lol
  • edited January 2011

Trevor. Do you think some players like playing loose on the televised programmes to give out a different image to their normal play?