You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Private Tables........??

I'd like to see an option to set up your own table and invite your mates in online for a private poker game. Who ever sets the private table up chooses the type of game......e.g tournament/cash/raise limits etc then give your mates the table password and away you go. A voice channel for players of the table to chat to each other would be a nice touch too.

I think it would prove popular with groups of friends or groups. Should generate a few new players for Skypoker and maybe a few new players to poker in general.

If anyone knows a site that already does this I'd be grateful for the info.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I'v always found it strange that this is not an option of online poker. Online computer game poker has always allowed this, and I spotted recently that the computer game versions even go as far as web cam images around the table for body language tells these days. Shame the standard of play of play money is so low.

Would make a very interesting addition to online poker I think, and who better to introduce it than the site run by a telecommunications company :) 

I accept that the use of web cams could put some people off, but within a private invitation only game setup as you suggest, it could add a whole other dimension to play.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Private Tables........??:
    I'd like to see an option to set up your own table and invite your mates in online for a private poker game. Who ever sets the private table up chooses the type of game......e.g tournament/cash/raise limits etc then give your mates the table password and away you go. A voice channel for players of the table to chat to each other would be a nice touch too. I think it would prove popular with groups of friends or groups. Should generate a few new players for Skypoker and maybe a few new players to poker in general. If anyone knows a site that already does this I'd be grateful for the info.
    Posted by Ilovelamp

Cmon where have u been hidin!!! dont pretend this your idea lol PokerStars are prmoting their homegames now but i think you knew that already uno what i mo
  • edited January 2011

Hi guys,

This is currently in the development "roadmap." Unfortunately, it is quite a big job but it is on the way.

I don't think you will see it in the near future but once it is ready, I am sure you will know about it!!

Thanks,
    Jordan

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Private Tables........??:
    In Response to Private Tables........?? : Cmon where have u been hidin!!! dont pretend this your idea lol PokerStars are prmoting their homegames now but i think you knew that already uno what i mo
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    This thread is a repost of one I submitted in July 2010. I have signed up for the pokerstars homegames since and had some good games running. recommend it if any of you are still looking around.