You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

good/bad pos

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
what to lead out with, found myself outta pos with a great flop and a lot of players to act after TonyKendel Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.85 pod1 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £41.82   Your hole cards 10 8       The_Nother Fold     BAGGPUSS Call  £0.10 £0.25 £18.65 crosscheck Raise  £0.20 £0.45 £14.21 HEPPY68 Call  £0.20 £0.65 £19.56 TonyKendel Call  £0.15 £0.80 £9.70 pod1 Call  £0.10 £0.90 £41.72 BAGGPUSS Call  £0.10 £1.00 £18.55 Flop    9 6 7       TonyKendel Check     pod1 Bet  £1.00 £2.00 £40.72 BAGGPUSS Fold     crosscheck Fold     HEPPY68 Fold     TonyKendel Fold     pod1 Show 10 8   , what size bet would be right?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I dunno?

You can check here, coz u will have the nuts on the turn even if it goes c/c/c/c/c behind.....

Obv 2p or a set is likely to bet the flop, so you will still have the real nuts if the turn pairs the board.....

If you're gonna lead, for the same reasons as above, a weak lead is prob best, half pot, 50/60p.

It's alot easier if theres an aggressor in the hand though, so I'd check and hope theres a bet, and a call behind, flat it, and hope the turn is an Ace or King, then get it in :D
  • edited January 2011
    betting pot into 4 players looks pretty strong imo, pretty sick no1 had any piece of this, betting weak or checking is an option, personally i think a bet is best id make it 50/60 on this rb board
  • edited January 2011
    im the sucker that checks here just because we have the nuts on a rainbow board and surley someone will bluff at us
  • edited January 2011
    yep, 1 or 2 players and was checking and flatting, but i got a bit twitchy with 4,looking again not in real time 50 woulda been better, tnx
  • edited January 2011
    if you bet 25p i bet they ALL would call it so that could be better
  • edited January 2011
    .......and don't show !
  • edited January 2011
    good point!! jj
  • edited January 2011
    weak lead ftw- with that many players, a small bet looks like you're just trying to feel out who has what, and trying to get players to fold- people will be very, very unlikely to associate small bet sizing with great strength. Around 30-40p would probably get a number of callers, then being in early position is perfect for you to 'shut down' on the turn, and check it across. If you have notes on players then great, because if you're against stations, you can carry on betting. If you're against players that pay even the slightest attention, checking is definitely the best way because your hand looks like a stone cold bluff.
  • ybyb
    edited January 2011
    fold pre

post flop is fine, I might have made it 80p but w/e. ul that no-one had a pair.
  • edited January 2011
    pretty nitty folding 10 8 for 1 BB getting 8/1 with an utg limper closing the action to a min raise imo
  • edited January 2011
    really fold pre yb?, im getting like 9 to 1. i thought i had 2 stations and 1 lag on table, had to redo notes on 2 of them as the session moved on!!
  • ybyb
    edited January 2011
    how often are you going to hit a hand/draw with T8o that you're happy stacking off with? Its defo less than 9/1 and really doubt you are getting the implied odds either. And then theres the reverse implied odds for when you hit a pair and lose a few extra bbs because you're outkicked.
  • edited January 2011
    i worked it out as 10p into a 90p pot, the implied odds i understand, the reverse i dont!!! just thought for 10p its the type of hand that is so easy to get away from(2 pair starts getting tricky mind). ob my thinking is wrong hence why i am asking this question on the clinic and getting feedback from better players!
  • edited January 2011
    if your pretty terrible post flop then yeah don't get involved but otherwise calling here in this situation is fine
  • edited January 2011
    Calling/folding its like whatever in this spot i personaly hate calling min raises i think most of the time its pointless.............but u call and get a dream flop.....and i kno from experience u have fishes there esp 1 stands out!! shame no one hit UL..............the problem is the size of your bet, i mean betting pot into 4 oppo on a rainbow board is crazy even to donks its like sayin I HAVE THE NUTZ (not saying these players are donks cough cough;))
  • edited January 2011
    id call only if suited, yeah you might be getting 9/1 and maybe your hand has better than 10% equity but there are still 3 more streets to play OOP with a super marginal hand which is definately -ev

unless you plan on flopping straight all the time :P