You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Discuss this hand please?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
IMAROCK  Small blind   £0.10  £0.10  £22.01
PARKSER  Big blind   £0.20  £0.30  £33.84
   Your hole cards 
A
A

francy67  Call   £0.20  £0.50  £23.03
SJspanky1  Raise   £0.80  £1.30  £20.49
Winalot  Fold    
IMAROCK  Fold    
PARKSER  Call   £0.60  £1.90  £33.24
francy67  Call   £0.60  £2.50  £22.43
Flop

PARKSER  Check    
francy67  Bet   £0.60  £3.10  £21.83
SJspanky1  Raise   £2.45  £5.55  £18.04
PARKSER  Fold    
francy67  Call   £1.85  £7.40  £19.98
Turn

francy67  Bet   £0.60  £8.00  £19.38
SJspanky1  Raise   £4.90  £12.90  £13.14
francy67  Call   £4.30  £17.20  £15.08
River

francy67  Bet   £4.00  £21.20  £11.08
SJspanky1  All-in   £13.14  £34.34  £0.00
francy67  Call   £9.14  £43.48  £1.94
francy67  Show 
SJspanky1  Show 
A
A
francy67  Win  Four 3s  £41.68   £43.62

I know you want donkeys calling preflop with these sort ofhands but please? Can I lay this down at any stage?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Quite simply no. I don't even think the best in the world can get away from this.
  • edited January 2011

They are not donkeys for set mining.

As shown calling raises in multi way pots with small pairs can stack a big hand. So there is nothing wrong with your opponants play imo.

You can be suspicious of a set, but its hard to get away from, and i think its probably too tight not to stack off here.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Discuss this hand please?:
    They are not donkeys for set mining. As shown calling raises in multi way pots with small pairs can stack a big hand. So there is nothing wrong with your opponants play imo. You can be suspicious of a set, but its hard to get away from, and i think its probably too tight not to stack off here.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Hoggers, look again, the guy wasnt set mining. He had 23.

Also the the OP i dont think you can fold, with 3x3's on the board and you have AA then its a pretty simple stack off for me.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Discuss this hand please? : Hoggers, look again, the guy wasnt set mining. He had 23. Also the the OP i dont think you can fold, with 3x3's on the board and you have AA then its a pretty simple stack off for me.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Ooops, misread it, my bad!

Ye can never put him on quad 3s, but 55 and 99 are reasonable possibilities.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Discuss this hand please? : Ooops, misread it, my bad! Ye can never put him on quad 3s, but 55 and 99 are reasonable possibilities.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    because the guy just calls down i usually rule that out, expessially if the opponent reads us as strong.

However yeah i agree, 55 and 99 both possible but imo unlikey
  • edited January 2011
    cant see how you or the best of the best could lay it down, ul!
  • edited January 2011
    VUL but i probably fold turn , paired board person still firing likely they have FH here as it happens they have quads. thats the good thing about playing 2/3 but pretty loose call by them on the flop imo

make a note of francy

Welcome to the forum

PS- if i didnt fold turn would call river as not putting them on 3, but considering you re-raise so big pretty obv they're not bluffing by river
  • edited January 2011
    VUL but i probably fold turn , paired board person still firing likely they have FH here as it happens they have quads. thats the good thing about playing 2/3 but pretty loose call by them on the flop imo make a note of francy Welcome to the forum PS- if i didnt fold turn would call river as not putting them on 3, but considering you re-raise so big pretty obv they're not bluffing by river
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Thanks for the feedback guys. What my hand info doesn't show is that the flop came with 2 diamonds. Because of the villains weakass donk leads after flop and turn and no reraises after I bump it up I put him on either a flush draw or top pair with a decent kicker.
    When the river brings the third 3 and he leads out again I'm so pot committed and 90% sure I'm in front I thought shipping was the only play.
    I admit I call raises with the occasional fishy connected or suited hand but 2,3 off??? Not sure the villain is gonna find that pays in the long run!!!
  • edited January 2011
    This is fine. Who donks sets like this at these levels? Cooler.
  • edited January 2011
    VUL but i probably fold turn , paired board person still firing likely they have FH here as it happens they have quads. thats the good thing about playing 2/3 but pretty loose call by them on the flop imo make a note of francy Welcome to the forum PS- if i didnt fold turn would call river as not putting them on 3, but considering you re-raise so big pretty obv they're not bluffing by river
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Folding turn here would be bad imo.