You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FT 3/6 in £5.50 Deepie

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Do you shove? actually no reads as person who raises half their stack hasn't been on my table once!

sorry copied wrong i have 43k
meggie06 Small blind  1000.00 1000.00 28110.00
BOOM31 Big blind  2000.00 3000.00 71397.50
  Your hole cards
  • A

joe759017 Fold     
unknown Raise  8000.00 11000.00 8352.50
chaoscornr Fold   

Comments

• edited January 2011
    anyone? what sort of range would someone be half betting there stack pre with 8BB

is this standard reshove? or should it be insta fold the fact they have invested half there stack?

its obvious they are never folding so how well you think A9 goes against an unknown range with 8bb
  • edited January 2011
    im not sure of what the range would be certainly not a play i understand well, although i discussed this with someone and apparently its profitable.

Anyways i would fold A9 here, i cant see them betting half their stack with worse at best your flipping v KQ KJ or a small PP. IMO anyways.
  • edited January 2011
    It's a bizarre play by the villain, if they have AA/KK etc maybe min raise it but 4x looks weird. If you do have 43k you can take the gamble as he could easily have a big K here it is 3 handed remember A9 is pretty massive.

I would also ask why you haven't got a better idea of his play by this stage, what showdowns if any have you seen ?
  • edited January 2011
    how many chips do we have but id most likely e folging
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: FT 3/6 in £5.50 Deepie:
    how many chips do we have but id most likely e folging
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    How long did you actually look at the first post for ? lol
  • edited January 2011
    Dudeskin i told you he wasn't on my table once & this was like the second hand since FT so no reads

Raise as dudeskin says 43k rougly, i shoved over which was bit silly as they showed JJ