You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Go to Vegas on $5......?

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
In Response to Go to Vagas on $5......?:
I am thinking this is a fix as this site has just emailed saying any withdrawals are suspended until I email a copy of my passport, bank card and a utility bill, get this though I can still play and its fine to make further  deposits..... wtf!!!!! No chance of me emailing them owt until we get to the $1000 BR then we will look at it should by some mirical we get that far. 
Posted by waynec
This is pretty standard on a lot of sites.

(Where is Vagas? :) )

Comments

• edited January 2011

I recieved an email from one of the well known poker sites offering me $5 whole dollars if I opened an account
    with them, they even stated that I did not have to make a deposit just register a card for this life
    changing amount to start my BR off. What an offer!! How could I refuse such a generous offer in the dark
    economic times we all seem to be suffering.

After checking out the small print plus the terms and conditions I registered a card connected to an account with nowt in
    .... just be on the safe side! You see I had this little experiment in mind, could I get to Vegas maybe
    even The Main Event at the WSOP, how far could I make this free five bucks last?

The mission is to start off at 6cnl try and win enough for one buy in at 10nl and then 20nl and so on,
    as a back up so I do not go broke and could start again at 6nl I had to get my BR to $15, $10 for
    the buy in $5 to start again if needed.

I sit down at my first table with $5, my game plan is ABC poker, AT and above, raise with 99 and above and set mine
    with smaller pairs.... sure you have the picture now! Looking round it was very much an international affair
    with players from Russia, Greece, Canada, UK and even the Middle East. What I did notice was the ones
    with the grand sounding poker names such as Fisheater2274, Devillad1990, bustu7777 and the best one
    DebigShark14 (with his chat box antics 14 was no doubt his age) tended to be the poor players and the ones
    to get into pots with.

The BB comes round to me and I post my anti of 6c, the dealer likes me as I see 99 and expected to see the
    flop as whilst waiting for the BB to come round I noticed everyone limpt in the pot. Not this time the guy
    in the cut off jams the pot with $7.25 and then the dealer calls with his $4.86, the 9s go in the muck and
    the jammer shows a massive hand of 55 and the other guy 67 suited. I knew at this point it was not going
    to be an easy road to Vagas, just to let you know the result was 67 hit a str8 flush and with his chat box
    comments felt he was the next Doyle Brunson in waiting.

I raised a few pots with a few playable hands but with most of the table calling every time and missing
    the flop by a mile folded to bets as they could be playing owt. At last the button and a pair of Ladies
    but with the entire table limping in how much do you raise at this level, you make it $1 half are sure to call
    you jam you could be facing strong hands as these guys limp with AK and call with any Rag A.
    I elected to go for my 4x raise and see what the flop brings and sure enough I have 3 customers, the flop
    comes down 7Q3 rainbow, I bet 3/4 pot 2 fold the last guy comes over the top all in.... Vegas here I come!

I am now just short of $9 towards my Vagas fund so with buy in, travel and expenses at a quick guess just $1991
    to go lol

At this point in time 26/01/11 my BR is $49.72 however my roll has been up and down like a brides nightie in the
    10 days I have been running this wee experiment I have dropped back to 6nl four times, so I need just over $2
    to move up to the 50cnl level.....

I am thinking this is a fix as this site has just emailed saying any withdrawals are suspended until I email a
    copy of my passport, bank card and a utility bill, get this though I can still play and its fine to make further
     deposits..... wtf!!!!! No chance of me emailing them owt until we get to the $1000 BR then we will look at it
    should by some mirical we get that far.

This thread will be continued with a weekly report until I either gets to Vegas or go bust... the later has the
    edge at this point in time.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Go to Vagas on $5......?:
    In Response to Go to Vagas on $5......? : This is pretty standard on a lot of sites. (Where is Vagas? :) )
    Posted by jakally
    No idea! Does it make any difference just a bit of fun?