You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was it just luck.....

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
hi ive been playing poker for a couple of years now,playing mainly tourneys and sit and gos.never really won much untill  just before xmas. i enterd an 8 dollar rebuy tourney with about four thousand entrants.I ended up winning it.. 8,600 dollars about 5,000 pounds. was this just luck? or hav i got abit of game..as im not really geting any joy on cash tables?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    well doen very nice score.

in large field tournies everyone needs luck to win at some point in them.  but also to come thru some kind of massive field it shows that you ahve a decent grasp of the game.

your skillset may be more suited to tournies/SnG, so stick to them and avoid cash games.
  • edited January 2011
    yeah rebuys tournaments are super high variance as theres normally alot of shoving in the rebuy stage just to build a massive stack up for later, im sure there was a huge amount of luck involved in coming first, but as scotty said to get deep and finish it off you will have a reasonably solid fundamentals and patience!

congrats on the score
  • edited January 2011
    Great score.......so jealous.  Sharkscope yourself, if uve been playing for 2 yrs, u should have some mtt`s under ur belt to get some sort of idea.  Well done
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: was it just luck.....:
    Great score.......so jealous.  Sharkscope yourself, if uve been playing for 2 yrs, u should have some mtt`s under ur belt to get some sort of idea.  Well done
    Posted by OMahonyO
    thx alot...what a buzz..i couldnt believe it...when we got down to the last 20 i just kept thinking "just wanna get in the top ten lol then we get to the final table and im chip leader . so i just started going all in.. they kept folding..i was miles infront.. i new then i had it...wow 7hrs been playing defo worth it.. i just want sum more lol.. thx for the post m8
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to was it just luck.....:
    hi ive been playing poker for a couple of years now,playing mainly tourneys and sit and gos.never really won much untill  just before xmas. i enterd an 8 dollar rebuy tourney with about four thousand entrants.I ended up winning it.. 8,600 dollars about 5,000 pounds. was this just luck? or hav i got abit of game..as im not really geting any joy on cash tables?
    Posted by 19juvenile
    thx for the post m8
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: was it just luck.....:
    yeah rebuys tournaments are super high variance as theres normally alot of shoving in the rebuy stage just to build a massive stack up for later, im sure there was a huge amount of luck involved in coming first, but as scotty said to get deep and finish it off you will have a reasonably solid fundamentals and patience! congrats on the score
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    thx for the post m8...