You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

freerolls????

edited February 2011 in Community Suggestions
why doesnt the money from rebuys go to prizepool in these?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Hi SDodger,

We take the cost of the rebuys until we have covered the guarantee, then anything over that will be added to the prize pool.

For example, if it is a £50 freeroll with 50p per rebuy, the first 100 rebuys will come to us and the rest will be added to the prize pool.

As we run 6 freerolls a day and numerous 'special' freerolls, we need to cover the cost.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited January 2011
    ooooh, ok.

not much of a freeroll then, as they are paid for with rebuys...

no bother, dont like playing them anyway.

cheers for reply
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Sky Jordan
    I would say that it contravenes international poker law to call it a freeroll then - those are the type of rubbish Sky rules that made me emigrate to P/Stars and Full Tilt. Another one was not been able to use your poker points. Many players have 1000's of points built up which they can not use other than 10 or 20 at a time - waste of time (i.e. money in Sky's pocket). Or at least thats my take on it.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: freerolls????:
    Hi Sky Jordan I would say that it contravenes international poker law to call it a freeroll then - those are the type of rubbish Sky rules that made me emigrate to P/Stars and Full Tilt. Another one was not been able to use your poker points. Many players have 1000's of points built up which they can not use other than 10 or 20 at a time - waste of time (i.e. money in Sky's pocket). Or at least thats my take on it.
    Posted by gazvegas
    IT`S A FREEROLL BECAUSE YOU PAY NOTHING

TO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT.

IT`S UP TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO RE-BUY INTO

TOURNAMENT.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Gazvegas,

I am unaware of any 'International Poker Law' however, if you want to check Wikipedia, there is an official statement which reads:

Freerolls at Internet poker sites should not be confused with their close counterpart -- play money tournaments. Freerolls are different from play-money tournaments in two respects. Play money tournaments usually require the 'payment' of play money and the tournament winnings are play money. Freeroll tournaments can be genuinely free, may require a payment of points (from a point system developed by the site), or on some occasions require a deposit of funds into the player's account. The winnings are either real money, points, merchandise or entry tickets (invitations) to other tournaments.

The link is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeroll_(poker)

Hope this helps and you continue to use our site.

Many thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited February 2011

Well said Jordan..

I'm entering the 7:00pm one and have strictly decided not to rebuy or add-on. If I get knocked out early fair enough, I'll probably entered a paid entry tourney. I think a lot of people will probably go mental early on shoving with A10 and pocket 9s etc so I'm kind of hoping to stay out of the way and hopefully about 700-800 rebuys by other players will mean a not too shabby prize. See you on the tables guys.