You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

6pm £5.50 MTT

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
right i put villain on flush on turn should i shut down here? or put him in because of he wont have flush all the time?

no reads unfortunately, other then i have been very active on the table openning alot of pots & c betting

joel Small blind  15.00 15.00 1475.00
Coolrider Big blind  30.00 45.00 1980.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

YOUNG_GUN Raise  120.00 165.00 3330.00
shep65 Call  120.00 285.00 3385.00
akaunicorn Call  120.00 405.00 1315.00
joel Call  105.00 510.00 1370.00
Coolrider Fold     
Flop

• A

joel Check     
YOUNG_GUN Bet  420.00 930.00 2910.00
shep65 Fold     
akaunicorn Call  420.00 1350.00 895.00
joel Call  420.00 1770.00 950.00
Turn

joel Check     
YOUNG_GUN Bet  885.00 2655.00 2025.00
akaunicorn All-in  895.00 3550.00 0.00
joel Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Call  10.00 3560.00 2015.00
YOUNG_GUN Show
  • Q
  • A

akaunicorn Show
  • J

River

akaunicorn Win Flush to the Ace 3560.00

Comments

• edited January 2011

dodgy HH see below

• edited January 2011
    If it's me then I check behind on the turn. If you're pretty certain that he's got the flush then why would you put chips in when you're behind? You've still got a redraw to the 2nd nut flush yourself & get the opportunity to see a free card here & save yourself 1/3 of your stack.

If I check back turn here then you can get away on the river when you miss.

p.s. please don't post the results :)
  • edited January 2011
    same as above if u think he has a flush,why u betting,check then,see how much he bets,but most likely,when he makes his bet your folding.
    save yourself 1\3 of your stack.
  • edited January 2011
    f*k knows tbh........

I don't think u can win whatever u do here.

open fold.
  • edited January 2011
    I dont think i can fold AQ pre, even UTG

do people think this should be open fold utg to save similar spots? also maybe i should have 3 x pre then i think i could get of on turn?

Is it really bad that i put him on flush and bet him all in? if i checked wouldn't i get bluffed of by other queens or even other draws? also do i take into account that if they have the flush i could have outs with another heart? as this did come into my thinking also

• edited January 2011
    I meant on the turn.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: 6pm £5.50 MTT:
    I dont think i can fold AQ pre, even UTG do people think this should be open fold utg to save similar spots? also maybe i should have 3 x pre then i think i could get of on turn? Is it really bad that i put him on flush and bet him all in? i f i checked wouldn't i get bluffed of by other queens or even other draws? also do i take into account that if they have the flush i could have outs with another heart? as this did come into my thinking also
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    No, I don't think an open fold UTG with AQ is an option pre it's more about your play on the turn here.

Yes, you've also got outs to a flush also but if you're convinced he's got a flush already then this means that you're gonna have to hit to win the hand (this is assuming he doesn't have a king high flush but I don't think you can worry about that too much). If you check the turn here & miss on the river then he might check again to try & induce you to take a stab at it on the river & therefore allowing to check behind. He might just shove the river in which case I think I can find a fold anyway & save a 1/3 of my stack in the process.

I may be wrong on all of this but it's just how I'd play it.
  • edited January 2011
    Preflop - perfect, flop - perfect. Now you get called in two spots, there's is no straight draw so only the flush draw, maybe one has a weak ace but not both, for me it's one of those spots you just type well done and move on and take his chips another time. He will not hit the flush that often but when he does you gotta give him credit, and here with two opponants its fairly sure someone has it.