You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hello all, this me.... yidette9

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
I have been playing this wonderful game on skypoker for about 8 months now
My alias is yidette9 but my real name is Lorraine
I am married to Budgirl who very kindly introduced me to poker and taught me how to play, and now, unlucky for him there is no stopping me!!!
I am stuck for words really other than that I am proud of my progress so far and I am so disappointed that I didn't get a seat in the d/s final although I made it thru the satellites to the semi.
I have made many friends thru skypoker and this is a big thank you to you all for the help, advice and support you have given to me, especially Eyeman and Dollie
I will be trying to satellite thru next month, hopefully getting thru to the final and be on tv!!! not that it matters (giggle,giggle!!)
I would like to say a special thank you to Eyeman, who very kindly talked me through my tears when I didn't get my seat into the final last night

I will be trying again next month .

But, I promise 1 thing....... I will not be buying in,   I will earn MY SEAT when the time is ready for yidette9

Love and very best wishes to you all x x x

Comments

• edited January 2011
    gl yiddy--floppa whoppa!!!!! usually works!!
  • edited January 2011
    Great attitude you have to the game and i wish you the best of luck,i have been on a fair few of your tables recently as well

all the best

debs and her dobs xx
  • edited January 2011

Very best of luck Yidette.
    I know from experience and having shared a few tables with you that your poker is coming on leaps and bounds. You should be very proud to have made it into the semi-final of such a great tourny and not too dissapointed that you didn't quite make it to the final and against a very strong field I might add.

Better luck next time - I might even see you there, so be carefull not to knock me out lol or there'll be trouble hee hee!.

Good Luck - see you on the tables.

Pokertrev.

• edited January 2011
    nice post hunni, having been on tables with you recently i know your a pain in the !!!! to play against, so i know you WILL make next month d/s, am looking forward to seeing you on t.v ( just keep your cloths on ) lol
  • edited January 2011
    awwww bless ya, im sure your time will come yidette

A very warm welcome to the forum Hugsssssssssssss :) best of luck at the tables

Regards
    John
  • edited January 2011

Well done Lorraine, great achievement, unlucky at the end!

Graham is fab, top chap

• edited January 2011
    Hi Lorraine,
                     I was so gutted for you not getting to D/S final i had everything crossed for you well almost everything :)
          You just didnt have the little bit of luck that we all need at the right time,unlike that so called football team you are a big fan of LUCKBOX HOTSPURS :)
          Good luck next month im sure you will make it, hope to see you at the tables very soon.
                                                        Regards   Mick.
  • edited January 2011
    I have tears in my eyes now and I thank you all sincerely for your lovely words of welcome to the skypoker community
    By the way Spaggers, I have only ever played 1 game of strip poker(against my better half) and guess what??? he was wearing 15 pairs of socks!!!!!!
    Maybe he knows how much I have improved my game .... haha
    I was very scared playing in the semi and I was disappointed in my game, well very disappointed really, having folded JJ which I would usually hold onto
    Mick, you always tell me that the "hooks" are lucky for us ladies !!!!
    Then, when I was losing my fold equity, I found myself in the big blind with my 1st  AK, short stack pushed and I called(maybe I thought it was my birthday!) He had pushed with 5 7,,,, the lucky boy saw a 5 and a 7 on the flop, turn  gave me an ace but the river was cruel to me but not to my friend( I forget his name) Maybe I should look up my hand history and I hope he went on to make the final
    Thank you all so much for being my friends
    Your support means the world to me
    And....... guess what???  skypoker, have given me free entry into Take on Tikay tonight   as a prize for my progress so far!!  whoop whoop!!    that's good innit???
    Love and very best wishes to you all
    Lorraine yidette9 x x x
  • edited January 2011

Nice post best of luck Lorraine / yidette9 .
  • edited January 2011

Best of Luck Lorraine, btw Great attitude you have lol
  • edited January 2011
    Great thread. Good luck to you in your quest.

If you can earn enough league points (top 150 in any section at the end of the month) the League Stars Freeroll is another way to try and qualify. CKD (who usually plays in low buy-in STTs) spectacularly came 4th last night after qualifying through the freeroll.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Lorrainne

Welcome to the forum, good luck in getting in that beauty :)
  • edited January 2011
    hi lorraine welcome and gl. ps i have played you and hubby and i think you can and will give him a run for his money!!
  • edited January 2011
    It's been a pleasure playing on the same table as you Lorraine!

And you support a great football club too!

nice Post and wish you all the best at the tables!

Steve is a fab chap too, i will never forget him railing me till 6am at Manchester in 2009 when i won the friday night comp before the SPT!

• edited January 2011
    Helllooooooo Yiddy...we've played and spoken before but it's lovely to forumally meet you ;oD

Hope to catch up you at Leeds SPT

xx
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Yidette
     great post and fantastic attitude you have, I like everone else wish you the very best of luck at the tables
  • edited January 2011
    just a quickie update for you all who have taken the time to reply to my post
    SKY gave me free entry into Take On Tikay tonight as a prize for my progress so far
    Guess what guys and gals ....... I came 3rd and only 3 got paid  £44 to add to my little bankroll
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: hello all, this me.... yidette9:
    just a quickie update for you all who have taken the time to reply to my post SKY gave me free entry into Take On Tikay tonight as a prize for my progress so far Guess what guys and gals ....... I came 3rd and only 3 got paid  £44 to add to my little bankroll
    Posted by yidette9
    hi yidette, nice post and keep up the good work! i have noticed you in the latter stages of a couple of deepstacks as well as your cash tonight! keep it up!
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011

nice Thread yidette and it's great to see you are enjoying your poker, that's the main thing :-)
  • edited January 2011

+1 from me with all the comments for you and just like greghogg big up the mighty spurs!!!

• edited January 2011
    just a quickie update for you all who have taken the time to reply to my post SKY gave me free entry into Take On Tikay tonight as a prize for my progress so far Guess what guys and gals ....... I came 3rd and only 3 got paid  £44 to add to my little bankroll
    Posted by yidette9

Well done Yidette, nice to see a fellow pie-eater doing well, but Spurs, come on, whats that all about ?
  • edited January 2011
    Good luck to you Yiddette, may you run well, but forgive me for not wishing Spurs well at the Cottage tomora LOL!!

Fulham 2-0 Spurs   [Dembele 2] !!
  • edited January 2011
    hello my lovely friends and thank you for your support.
    I just cashed again in the 7.15pm deepstack, coming 8th out of 89 ....   not so bad hey???
    I am loving deepstack play and my aim is to continue with this and hopefully learn from you all
    Probably doesn't sound much to most of  you but my little cash of £8.90 means quite a return on my buy-in of £2.20 .... so for me it is happy days!!!
    I hope that I will see you all at the tables soon ....
    Lots of love and very best wishes from yidette9
    aka Lorraine xxxxx 
  • edited January 2011
    hello my lovely friends and thank you for your support. I just cashed again in the 7.15pm deepstack, coming 8th out of 89 ....   not so bad hey??? I am loving deepstack play and my aim is to continue with this and hopefully learn from you all Probably doesn't sound much to most of  you but my little cash of £8.90 means quite a return on my buy-in of £2.20 .... so for me it is happy days!!! I hope that I will see you all at the tables soon .... Lots of love and very best wishes from yidette9 aka Lorraine xxxxx 
    Posted by yidette9
    Very well done :)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: hello all, this me.... yidette9 : Very well done :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    thank you acebarry. Now my quest continues .....  I am aiming for a WSOP bracelet, you know!!!! Take care, hope to speak soon x
  • edited January 2011
    Oh dear... cant you all tell that I am new to this forum ???? I have tried to respond to you all personally .... and silly me didn't realise that I should have thanked you for your responses through my thread!!   Omg, have I really started a thread ???? WOW

Love and the best of luck(combined with your obvious poker skills) to you all xxxxx
  • edited January 2011
    Oh dear... cant you all tell that I am new to this forum ???? I have tried to respond to you all personally .... and silly me didn't realise that I should have thanked you for your responses through my thread!!   Omg, have I really started a thread ???? WOW Love and the best of luck(combined with your obvious poker skills) to you all xxxxx
    Posted by yidette9
    The football sunday.......put it down to 'variance' !!

Good Luck with your next thread!!

Run Good !!

The Hitman
  • edited February 2011
    well done yidette, less of the spurs please :)

xx
  • edited February 2011
    Oh dear... cant you all tell that I am new to this forum ???? I have tried to respond to you all personally .... and silly me didn't realise that I should have thanked you for your responses through my thread!!   Omg, have I really started a thread ???? WOW Love and the best of luck(combined with your obvious poker skills) to you all xxxxx
    Posted by yidette9
    Well done "Yidette"   I mean Lorraine, your a rising Star and I hope you continue to keep the boys in their place at the tables. gl Hugs xxx