You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A B C Poker??

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Im new to online poker and have being playing on SKY for around 2 weeks and have been pritty successful. I have been hearing people talking about A B C poker, i was wondering what this means. I think its a style of play, can some please verify what it is. Cheers Jim

Comments

• edited January 2011
    It just generally means playing standard poker. So playing position well and playing your cards well. So say you've got a decent pocket pair, or suited connectors then raise 2 to 3 times the big blind. So just playing sensible and not being too creative is the name of the game.
  • edited January 2011
    Think it means just straight forward / solid basics play. No moves, meta game, and no variation of how you play based on how you perceive your opponent is playing, or what you perceive your image at the table to be.

Pretty much just:
    • Play tight preflop. Play only solid hands (with position).
    • Bet/Raise when you have a good hand.
    • Check/Fold when you have a weak hand.
    • Call with a draw hand only when you have the pot odds to justify it.
    • Don’t bluff.
    • Don’t slow-play.

Not sure how successful this play is though, particular no variation for how your opponents are playing. Main problem with this style is being predictable as you play the same hands from the same positions the same way and only bet when you have the goods.

• edited January 2011
    Cheers for clearing this up for me guys! Top Community!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: A B C Poker??:

Some would say, look up Richard Orford................study him closely..........
    And then do the opposite.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: A B C Poker??:
    In Response to Re: A B C Poker?? : Some would say, look up Richard Orford................study him closely.......... . . . . . . . . . . . . And then do the opposite.
    Posted by billyboots

hahahaaaa