You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Network errors and cards being dealt face down

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi ,
This is the second time in the last week, that i have had problems with sky, keep getting network errors and then, when I do get back, my cards are dealt face down so I am unable to take part in the game.
This has been reported to customer care, the first time in an e-mail, they said they could not find the fault, it was my end.
Tonight I treied to get customer care involved in a live chat while this was going on, they said they could not foi find anything wrong, all the cards were being dealt correctly, every time my cards were dealt face down I made a comment in the chat box.
They gave me advice about updating my flash player etc.
Thisis a joke.
Has any body else experienced these problems?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Nope...sorry,

What browser are you using...sometimes I have to change from firefox to safari to prevent lagging...

xx

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Network errors and cards being dealt face down:
    Nope...sorry, What browser are you using...sometimes I have to change from firefox to safari to prevent lagging... xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    on the subject of web browsers , trip5 what one would u recomend ,firefox?
  • edited January 2011
    i had trouble with download tonight, could have cost me a tourney i dont know lucky i came 2nd

playing on browser at mo but defo download problems tonight
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Network errors and cards being dealt face down:
    Hi , This is the second time in the last week, that i have had problems with sky, keep getting network errors and then, when I do get back, my cards are dealt face down so I am unable to take part in the game. This has been reported to customer care, the first time in an e-mail, they said they could not find the fault, it was my end. Tonight I treied to get customer care involved in a live chat while this was going on, they said they could not foi find anything wrong, all the cards were being dealt correctly, every time my cards were dealt face down I made a comment in the chat box. They gave me advice about updating my flash player etc. Thisis a joke. Has any body else experienced these problems?
    Posted by wynne1938
    yeah me & hubby have had this at times too...hubbys using IE and I'm using Firefox, It is sky software not us as far as I'm concered.
    The fun bit is when you are dealt NO cards but you have to decide whether to raise, call or fold! hahahaha
    oh the joys of technology! lol
    Just try mini viewing the table and opening it up large (or other way around), also rotate seat sometimes clears it...other than that just close window and wait for it to open again and keep your fingers and toes crossed!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Network errors and cards being dealt face down : on the subject of web browsers , trip5 what one would u recomend ,firefox?
    Posted by iBLUFF
     Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome are my favourites.
  • edited January 2011
    Ye, i get these network errors and then the table corrupts. cards are face down, or "folded" yet the hand is still live!

I will have to keep a note of how often this happens which tables/tourneys and then e-mail it to sky for them to investigate.

Could be my wifi connection, i dunno, but its happening a bit too often!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Network errors and cards being dealt face down : on the subject of web browsers , trip5 what one would u recomend ,firefox?
    Posted by iBLUFF

Safari is very low on processor usage, Vista  Mcafee are orf for Sky Poker....I usually use firefox until Firefox lags...creature of habit I suppose...I live in the sticks and my dl speed is 0.5mbsec so I need to take my wins where  I can get them lol!!

xx

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Network errors and cards being dealt face down : Safari is very low on processor usage, Vista  Mcafee are orf for Sky Poker....I usually use firefox until Firefox lags...creature of habit I suppose...I live in the sticks and my dl speed is 0.5mbsec so I need to take my wins where  I can get them lol!! xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Speednet says that you are on 1.2 mbbpm ( mega bad beats per month )

Surely you have a right to complain?
  • edited January 2011
    had them in the past.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Network errors and cards being dealt face down : Speednet says that you are on 1.2 mbbpm ( mega bad beats per month ) Surely you have a right to complain?
    Posted by PenFifteen
    teransmit

WOW! thay must have upgraded the transmitter...

Nice one!!!

And for this I pay 17.99 per month...

...this is not a bad beat thread!!!

xx

• edited January 2011
    cant be our end because last night i had 2 tables open and it happened on 1 table and not the other!!!
  • edited January 2011
    cant be our end because last night i had 2 tables open and it happened on 1 table and not the other!!!
    Posted by pod1
    EXACTLY THIS,i get these same probs as the players have mentioned above.Also yesterday i had 2 tables open and 1 of them closed saying that 'sky poker is NOT available at this time please try again later' and yet the other table was running just fine.

Cmon now i reckon the problem is most defo at skys end.

PS i was playing on the download