You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Games - What Is A Good Win Rate???

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi All,

I've recently layed off the tournaments a bit and have been putting quite alot of work in on the cash tables. I'm only playing on 2p/4p because that's all my bankroll will allow, and I just wanted to get an idea for what people think is a good win rate for time spent at a table.

So far, I've been playing the cash tables properly for about 3 days (I'd guess around 15 hours in total) and I've turned £30 into just over £50 in that time.

Obviously I know there will be ups and downs but I'm just looking for what people would expect to win in an average session for a max buy-in of £4 with 2p/4p blinds

Comments

• edited January 2011
    2p/4p cash i would expect a decent winrate to be over 8 big blinds per 100 hands played.  Possibly much more.
    You'll only have a decent idea though after playing many many thousands of hands
  • edited January 2011
    Well most of the time I'm at these tables, it runs at about 10 hands per hour so if you say it takes 10 hours to play 100 hands, you think you should be earning at least 32p per 10 hour session???

That seems mighty low to me.

I know you can't expect to win like this ALL the time but when I sit at the table I usually play for around 5 hours and I always sit down with the maximum buy-in of £4 and I generally get that up to around £8 in that time.
  • edited January 2011
    the type of win rates you are looking to work out can only be done after 100s if not 1000s of hands, natural up and down swings will make a mockery of any stats you put together with less!  2good days will have  £4 an hr say 2 bad ones and you can be losing the same!! at those levels i suggest just learning the game,enjoying it and building a br.   phil
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Cash Games - What Is A Good Win Rate???:
    Well most of the time I'm at these tables, it runs at about 10 hands per hour so if you say it takes 10 hours to play 100 hands, you think you should be earning at least 32p per 10 hour session??? That seems mighty low to me. I know you can't expect to win like this ALL the time but when I sit at the table I usually play for around 5 hours and I always sit down with the maximum buy-in of £4 and I generally get that up to around £8 in that time.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yr playing between 35 and 70 hands/hour at sky depending on the table.
    How many hands total have you played at Sky?  Without this you have no chance of working out yr win rate.
    I've played $200nl and had a 75bb/100 winrate over 5000 hands but if i could manage to beat 200nl for 6bb/100 longterm i'd be a happy boy indeed.  Notice 5000 hands is very short-term when it comes to stats.