You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

**Note Taking(New sky poker player copied from Ask team sky) *****

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
First: 25/1/2011
Last: 29/1/2011

hello all new to sky poker and poker online in general, i was just wondering what kind of notes i should be taking down on players? such as loose or tight. or should i just record what they did in a certain situation ?, and is this a good thing as surely players change there lpay and if i think someones being loose i could get into trouble when they actually have a legit hand?
cheers

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Note taking is crucial at high traffic limits where your playing different people often, refering mainly to cash games. 

Starting each note with the type of player he/she is a good start e.g TAG (tight aggressive) LAG (loose aggressive) Rock, Fish or just purely a donk is best suited, whatever helps you.

Also its good to note their play tendencies like limp calling UTG(first position) with suited cards, or how they play certain hands like aa, kk and so on...

Also if ur oppo multi tables u might want to take note of this as it might mean that they are a shark or they are a rock only playing premium hands .......watch their plays to distinguish what player he/she is.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: **Note Taking(New sky poker player copied from Ask team sky) *****:
    Note taking is crucial at high traffic limits where your playing different people often, Starting each note with the type of player he/she is a good start e.g TAG (tight aggressive) LAG (loose aggressive) Rock, Fish or just purely a donk is best suited, whatever helps you. Also its good to note their play tendencies like limp calling UTG(first position) with suited cards, or how they play certain hands like aa, kk and so on... Also if ur oppo multi tables u might want to take note of this as it might mean that they are a shark or they are a rock only playing premium hands .......watch their plays to distinguish what player he/she is.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    98.76% of players at 30nl have this note at the top of their yellow box.
  • edited January 2011
    Thank you i have mentioned i have posted in here for them so keep them coming

dohhhh can you explain how important it is at the end stages or a tourney eg. blinds etc i think it would help, i have briefly put things for each cash & tourney but not gone into detail so if anyone has the time

thank you