You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

If you play tight....?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I play pretty tight on the cash games waiting for the right hand in the right possition to get paid off. But last night I had at least 3 occasions where I'd folded a hand pre-flop (72off suit, J5off suit etc.) where I would have had the nuts had I paid to see it.

When I play live a try to foget what cards I had if I fold pre-flop. But seeing them on the computer drives me mad. How should I cope with these occasions. Or should I pay to see more flops with poor hole cards?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    In Response to If you play tight....?:
    I play pretty tight on the cash games waiting for the right hand in the right possition to get paid off. But last night I had at least 3 occasions where I'd folded a hand pre-flop (72off suit, J5off suit etc.) where I would have had the nuts had I paid to see it. When I play live a try to foget what cards I had if I fold pre-flop. But seeing them on the computer drives me mad. How should I cope with these occasions. Or should I pay to see more flops with poor hole cards?
    Posted by jugglegeek
    NO!

Keep folding the junk, because if you play it all the time you will lose money long-term. Ok, you might have hit the odd flop, but you will more often than not get into trouble!

Make the right pre-flop decision, and forget what comes on the board, it's not relevant!

P.S, welcome to the forum geek, and gl

• edited January 2011
    Yeah, you've got to keep telling yourself you've played your hole cards correctly.

• edited January 2011
    The only way you should be entering a pot with weak hands is in position and with a raise. Otherwise keep folding as limping with junk hands is certain to cost you money, especially if you hit top pair,weak kicker.
  • edited January 2011
    in late pos or blinds you can call utg raisers with any two and play the two pair game its fun but can be expensive