You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Railing for Vegas Final

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Yeah i agree, i didnt see any as internet problems (download) so stopped railing crucial stages

but its uncalled for, especially with the tourney being so big & alot of pressure. People should not have to turn chat off to concentrate, respect on the rail please people!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Hi Guys,

First of all congrats to W4rlock and Kimpet well played guys.  GL in Vegas.

Just wanted to say that the conduct of some of the railers last night was nothing short of disgraceful.  At the closing stages of what is arguably the biggest tournament that sky run, with certainly the most exciting prize, these 3 individuals chose to use it to insult and berate each other to the max.

We're not talking banter here, on the rare occasions when I have been deep enough to have the railers watching I must say I love to watch the chat box and follow the comments.  If I had been one of the players last night I would have been less than pleased at having to turn off the chat to get away from these three moron

At best it was a combination of stupidity and alcohol, at worst these individuals are actually like that.  The one silver lining was that one of the idiots decided that it would be funny to try and mess with SKY_MANDY after she had given him a warning.  Oh I would have loved to have been there when the CHAT BAN button was pressed.  Really hope that it was pressed.

Anyway I normally turn a blind eye to these things but this one really got me going.  Here's hoping these idiots wake up this morning with bad headaches and big regrets 
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Railing for Vegas Final:
    Hi Guys, First of all congrats to W4rlock and Kimpet well played guys.  GL in Vegas. Just wanted to say that the conduct of some of the railers last night was nothing short of disgraceful.  At the closing stages of what is arguably the biggest tournament that sky run, with certainly the most exciting prize, these 3 individuals chose to use it to insult and berate each other to the max. We're not talking banter here, on the rare occasions when I have been deep enough to have the railers watching I must say I love to watch the chat box and follow the comments.  If I had been one of the players last night I would have been less than pleased at having to turn off the chat to get away from these three moron At best it was a combination of stupidity and alcohol, at worst these individuals are actually like that.  The one silver lining was that one of the idiots decided that it was be funny to try and be funning with SKY_MANDY after she had given him a warning.  Oh I would have loved to have been there when the CHAT BAN button was pressed.  Really hope that it was pressed. Anyway I normally turn a blind eye to these things but this one really got me going.  Here's hoping these idiots wake up this morning with bad headaches and big regrets 
    Posted by JockBMW

+1 as said above no need for it .
  • edited January 2011

the thing was,someone who will remain nameless,got very upset when he watched a hand (where he lost 90% of his stack with the winning hand,which he folded for a bet of 800 into a 10,000 pot).....the play was fantastic and im glad ,plays like that are match winning,and so if you are outplayed,you should take it like a man....

not spend the next 3 hrs name calling,

anyway good luck all and ill see you in vegas...

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Railing for Vegas Final:
    Yeah i agree, i didnt see any as internet problems (download) so stopped railing crucial stages but its uncalled for, especially with the tourney being so big & alot of pressure. People should not have to turn chat off to concentrate, respect on the rail please people!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Agreed
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Guys, First of all congrats to W4rlock and Kimpet well played guys.  GL in Vegas. Just wanted to say that the conduct of some of the railers last night was nothing short of disgraceful.  At the closing stages of what is arguably the biggest tournament that sky run, with certainly the most exciting prize, these 3 individuals chose to use it to insult and berate each other to the max. We're not talking banter here, on the rare occasions when I have been deep enough to have the railers watching I must say I love to watch the chat box and follow the comments.  If I had been one of the players last night I would have been less than pleased at having to turn off the chat to get away from these three moron At best it was a combination of stupidity and alcohol, at worst these individuals are actually like that.  The one silver lining was that one of the idiots decided that it was be funny to try and be funning with SKY_MANDY after she had given him a warning.  Oh I would have loved to have been there when the CHAT BAN button was pressed.  Really hope that it was pressed. Anyway I normally turn a blind eye to these things but this one really got me going.  Here's hoping these idiots wake up this morning with bad headaches and big regrets 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Very well said indeed... +1
  • edited January 2011
    Was it one of the actual players then????

Can someone post the result from the FT?

Thanxxx
  • edited January 2011
    Was it one of the actual players then???? Can someone post the result from the FT? Thanxxx
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

no,well yes he played but was not at the final table,

1st   w4rlock
    2nd  kimpet
    3rd  pumpkin23
    4th  uncle pat....
    5th  Ljamesl
    6th  blades.

first 2 goto vegas...

next three got some cash....

• edited January 2011
    the player in question does this alot imo. i use to play with him on freeplay and he does have a mouth on him ;). but yh i totally agree
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by JockBMW

Very Well Put m8  +1
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2011

vvwd to the 2 that won and also the 3 that cashed 

hope you do well in the big 1

• edited January 2011
     vvwd to the 2 that won and also the 3 that cashed   hope you do well in the big 1  
    Posted by ckd
    Your my hero CKD ;)
  • edited January 2011
    i was the player you talk about, i was mad about a hand and made it clear i was, i agree she out played me, but i didnt like mike and the dj saying my fold was poor, my fold was tight but still feel it was the right fold, even though i would of won the pot, i did give her a hard time till ironz said enough, and that was it,
    i also gave mike and the dj my number to take the row away from the table but they didnt want to do that, i wasnt the one rude to sky mandy either.
    now thats the end of that !!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    Very well said.

Some people really do take it too far at times.
  • edited January 2011
    Liam the problem was it sounded like you wanted to meet up and fight the guy!!

Maybe next time do it away from a comp that's pretty tense and important?
  • edited January 2011
    Liam the problem was it sounded like you wanted to meet up and fight the guy!! Maybe next time do it away from a comp that's pretty tense and important?
    Posted by donkeyplop
    POINT TAKEN THANKS
  • edited January 2011
    i was the player you talk about, i was mad about a hand and made it clear i was, i agree she out played me, but i didnt like mike and the dj saying my fold was poor, my fold was tight but still feel it was the right fold, even though i would of won the pot, i did give her a hard time till ironz said enough, and that was it, i also gave mike and the dj my number to take the row away from the table but they didnt want to do that, i wasnt the one rude to sky mandy either. now thats the end of that !!!!!
    Posted by LIAM5KING[/QUOTE

it was said on the tv program that is was a poor fold by a professional player and all of the team ,i never said it was a poor fold,and you did not call sky mandy anything as far as i remember.
  • edited January 2011
    Totally in agreement with Jocks post. Although personally disappointed not to be involved this time round, I was watching the final table throughout. When I qualified last year there was a superb rail, supporting various players.

This time there were three or four with little interest in the action, just involved in puerile abuse, and ruining it for everyone. And I hope that the mods were taking notes.

If I had been playing I would have been forced to switch the chatbox off to avoid distraction.

Saying that it started as a reaction to criticism of one particular decision is no excuse. In a high profile event there will always be people expressing their opinions on the poker. At my final table last year there was a player who made a decision he later regretted, but he retained his dignity and after a while made a post on here which showed him as the gentleman he is.

• edited January 2011
    As I recall a couple of people involved in the row stated they worked for Sky, and therefore could not be chat banned...it was all a bitr embarrasing really and I hope next months final is a much more civil affair!!!!

xx

• edited January 2011
    Well at least MickJen can't be blamed!
  • edited January 2011
    Well at least MickJen can't be blamed!
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    lmao
  • edited January 2011
    LOL

No wonder Mickjenn refuses to do interviews at SPT events.

I hope he qualifies for Vegas, will be interesting to see if Sky lift his ban then.
  • edited January 2011
    And on the subject of bans, how immature is this email I received from SkyPoker today?

I have been asked to send you a reminder that a ban from the community includes all forms of forum, chat  and messaging. This includes personal messaging to other players. If you continue to personal message other players whilst this ban is in place then the next step would be to close your account permanently.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    Customer Care Team

My reply...........

Not really sure what it is that I have done wrong other than make "Friend Requests".
    I have been informed that any PM`s I send do not reach people so I have no idea why you are getting in a lather about it. I have accepted my ban and have almost completed half of it without complaint.
    I find your stance very infantile to say the least. Maybe instead of sending out childish messages, you could reduce my ban (3 months is more than long enough) or you could apply some consistency across the forum and ban some of your forum mafia for their misdemeanours.
    Nah, you cant go upsetting them can you........
    Cheers
    emilyegg
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Guys, First of all congrats to W4rlock and Kimpet well played guys.  GL in Vegas. Just wanted to say that the conduct of some of the railers last night was nothing short of disgraceful.  At the closing stages of what is arguably the biggest tournament that sky run, with certainly the most exciting prize, these 3 individuals chose to use it to insult and berate each other to the max. We're not talking banter here, on the rare occasions when I have been deep enough to have the railers watching I must say I love to watch the chat box and follow the comments.  If I had been one of the players last night I would have been less than pleased at having to turn off the chat to get away from these three moron At best it was a combination of stupidity and alcohol, at worst these individuals are actually like that.  The one silver lining was that one of the idiots decided that it would be funny to try and mess with SKY_MANDY after she had given him a warning.  Oh I would have loved to have been there when the CHAT BAN button was pressed.  Really hope that it was pressed. Anyway I normally turn a blind eye to these things but this one really got me going.  Here's hoping these idiots wake up this morning with bad headaches and big regrets 
    Posted by JockBMW
    This is an excellent post, and I am in 100% agreement - the right word is disgraceful.