You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Table Image Conundrum

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I'll be playing in the final week of a live game poker league this week. My problem is this: I have a loose table image - good strategy dictates that I should play the opposite style, ie. tight. From experience I know that being the final week everyone else will be playing tight - good strategy dictates that I should play opposite to the table, ie. loose.

How should I approach this?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I would see on the day, if you are getting calls due to your normal play i would tighten up. if they let you run over the table carry on

its hard to specify other then the above imo

gl and welcome to the forum
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Table Image Conundrum:
    I would see on the day, if you are getting calls due to your normal play i would tighten up. if they let you run over the table carry on its hard to specify other then the above imo gl and welcome to the forum
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Thanks. It was almost perfect. I had the toughest player on my right and three weak ones to my left. I dominated the table for about an hour and built up a solid stack size. The only one to clock on to my moves was the guy on my right, but I just avoided him unless I had a decent hand.

I came 4th out of 32. My game began to crack when they started balancing tables and I got new players. The blinds were too high to sit and watch, but I held i there. Didn't do enough, though, and ended up bubble boy! Oh well!