You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thanks GUKPT/TSP/Sky Poker

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Hey all,

Just wanted to post a MASSIVE thank you to everyone for all your support for the team over the weekend at Manchester GUKPT.

Also a personal thank you to Tikay, Dave Bland, Rich Milner and Dan, Reds, James, Wayne, Robbie and Aiden for making it such an enjoyable experience.

As well as Ben, Lewis, Craig, Dave and Sian amongst others who came to keep us company..

We definitely had them wondering who the hell TEAM SKY POKER was!!

As far as I'm concerned TSP is becoming and will continue to be a force to be reckoned with in mainstream poker. GUKPT was a steep learning curve and I leave with a wealth of experience, an army of new friends, a head full of memories, a heart full of pride and possibly one very strange but sweet (non Sky Poker) little stalker man....

The boys did good, and as for a certain and rather spectacular Mr Brown... He's going to have one HELL of a hangover this morning!!

BOOM!!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    VWP LML, you done us proud. i had my doubts(no offense), also fold AJ in future ;)

Also Massive well done to Dan great result buddy, shame the poker gods wasn't with you all the way, but you did us proud as did everyone

Enjoyed the updates, look forward to next one and we can go few places further
  • edited January 2011
    TSP did us proud.  A great bunch of people.  Unlucky LM in not going deeper, but you still had a great result.  As for Dan, he is amazing.  I watched a lot of the final table on the live stream and he made some great plays.
    All the best for the next one and hope to see some of you in Luton.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Thanks GUKPT/TSP/Sky Poker:
    Hey all, Just wanted to post a MASSIVE thank you to everyone for all your support for the team over the weekend at Manchester GUKPT. Also a personal thank you to Tikay, Dave Bland, Rich Milner and Dan, Reds, James, Wayne, Robbie and Aiden for making it such an enjoyable experience. As well as Ben, Lewis, Craig, Dave and Sian amongst others who came to keep us company.. We definitely had them wondering who the hell TEAM SKY POKER was!! As far as I'm concerned TSP is becoming and will continue to be a force to be reckoned with in mainstream poker. GUKPT was a steep learning curve and I leave with a wealth of experience, an army of new friends, a head full of memories, a heart full of pride and possibly one very strange but sweet (non Sky Poker) little stalker man.... The boys did good, and as for a certain and rather spectacular Mr Brown... He's going to have one HELL of a hangover this morning!! BOOM!!
    Posted by LML

+1 Lisa VWP you were awesome n1

btw heard a Rumour that you are now Tutoring Rich Orford in the Art Of Playing Proper Poker  any truth in it??
  • edited January 2011
    Hi LML, had a great couple of days Watching the live stream, and, I agree totally that they will ALL know who TSP are now. Very well done to each and every one of you, the forum was absolutely buzzing all day y'day and it was good to see
  • edited January 2011
    +1 DTW it's not so much ABC poker now as LML poker
  • edited January 2011

Yeh as above, well played LML.....

You must have felt alot of pressure going in, not just the size of the event, but also with it being your first time representing TSP, and as you were a wild-card pick for the team, that's gonna bring it's own doubters/knockers/people expecting you to fail etc etc etc - but you definitely proved them all wrong....

I will post these questions on the ask TSP thread too if u wanna answer there, but I'm genuinely interested....

I gather it was the biggest event you've ever played.....

Did some people questioning the pick of yourself and Rich O to represent the team make you even more determined to justify your selection by going well and proving you could compete at that level?

Were you more nervous than usual? - How long into the game did you really "settle down" ??? 

What did you learn from the experience? and would you do anything different next time? 

Well done again !!!
  • edited January 2011
    I was out most of the weekend so wasn't following the updates. Well done everyone and especially to Dan. The guys a Leg End!!!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Thanks GUKPT/TSP/Sky Poker:
    Hey all, Just wanted to post a MASSIVE thank you to everyone for all your support for the team over the weekend at Manchester GUKPT. Also a personal thank you to Tikay, Dave Bland, Rich Milner and Dan, Reds, James, Wayne, Robbie and Aiden for making it such an enjoyable experience. As well as Ben, Lewis, Craig, Dave and Sian amongst others who came to keep us company.. We definitely had them wondering who the hell TEAM SKY POKER was!! As far as I'm concerned TSP is becoming and will continue to be a force to be reckoned with in mainstream poker. GUKPT was a steep learning curve and I leave with a wealth of experience, an army of new friends, a head full of memories, a heart full of pride and possibly one very strange but sweet (non Sky Poker) little stalker man.... The boys did good, and as for a certain and rather spectacular Mr Brown... He's going to have one HELL of a hangover this morning!! BOOM!!
    Posted by LML
    Are you absolutely sure that wasn't AceBarry10?:))
  • edited January 2011

YEP GREAT EFFORT BY ALL !
  • edited January 2011
    Once again Sky Poker was represented by some of the best out there.  Wd to Dan for the fantastic 4th place and all the others who played so well.  Particularly Lisa who went above and beyond the call with both her presence and her performance.  A cash in one of these is waiting just round the corner Lisa, Ace Jack No No No  lol

In addition I felt that the support on the forum was absolutely amazing, This is the reason that Sky Poker is the best Poker Site bar None 
  • edited January 2011
    Hi LML

Amazing weekend and it was a pleasure to be part of it, as usual Sky Poker pulled out all the stops with the best rail crowd, a SNG !! and a Final Table appearance, I will be looking to rail at every opportunity in person.
    AJ jokes aside, it wasn't that hand that did the damage and you well ahead with AJ v A8, he just got lucky.

I know you were full of regret straight afterwards but I'm sure you now know on reflection that to outlast 160 people and go well into day 2 was a truly remarkable effort in your first ever 3 day event!

TSP are a real force in UK poker now (TKP just behind!)

Dave and Sian (wicked weekend!)
  • edited January 2011
    well done all and especially dan. top work
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Thanks GUKPT/TSP/Sky Poker:
    Hi LML Amazing weekend and it was a pleasure to be part of it, as usual Sky Poker pulled out all the stops with the best rail crowd, a SNG !! and a Final Table appearance, I will be looking to rail at every opportunity in person. AJ jokes aside, it wasn't that hand that did the damage and you well ahead with AJ v A8, he just got lucky. I know you were full of regret straight afterwards but I'm sure you now know on reflection that to outlast 160 people and go well into day 2 was a truly remarkable effort in your first ever 3 day event! TSP are a real force in UK poker now (TKP just behind!) Dave and Sian (wicked weekend!)
    Posted by SolarCarro

I'm sorry.... who are they ?  ;o)

• edited January 2011
    and as you were a wild-card pick for the team, that's gonna bring it's own doubters/knockers/people expecting you to fail etc Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yep, LML certainly brought knockers to the team.

Well played Lisa-Marie, great debut.

• edited January 2011
    Yeh as above, well played LML..... You must have felt alot of pressure going in, not just the size of the event, but also with it being your first time representing TSP, and as you were a wild-card pick for the team, that's gonna bring it's own doubters/knockers/people expecting you to fail etc etc etc - but you definitely proved them all wrong.... I will post these questions on the ask TSP thread too if u wanna answer there, but I'm genuinely interested.... I gather it was the biggest event you've ever played..... Did some people questioning the pick of yourself and Rich O to represent the team make you even more determined to justify your selection by going well and proving you could compete at that level? Were you more nervous than usual? - How long into the game did you really "settle down" ???  What did you learn from the experience? and would you do anything different next time?  Well done again !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Thanks JJ!

I gather it was the biggest event you've ever played.....

Hell Yes, It was a little intimidating and I had to try and stay focused on what I was doing and pay extra attention to what everyone else was doing. Weirdly I wasn't hungry or tired the whole time on day 1.. Maybe the mistake I made was breakfast day 2 ;)

Did some people questioning the pick of yourself and Rich O to represent the team make you even more determined to justify your selection by going well and proving you could compete at that level?

Great question. And yes absolutely. Although Rich and I know we have the full support of Sky Poker and Tikay, We love the game and genuinely want to see our own results progress and improve.. As well as be seen as Poker players not just 'faces on the telly'.

So yes I felt under pressure and as I was saying to the guys.. I just want to make Day 2!! I never expected I'd make it within the top 10 for chips and that was a massive confidence boost and reassured me that I had a few tricks up my own sleeve.. On the other hand I didn't want to play scared or worry about the £1000 buy in so I played my normal live game with a few exceptions since I clearly was not going to be winning anything on day 1...

Were you more nervous than usual? - How long into the game did you really "settle down" ??? 

Ha! My hands were shaking pretty much every time I threw in chips for the first few hours.. But I didn't lose one hand I was in until about the 8/9 hour of play. I cultivated my table image and amused myself by getting some cheeky squeeze plays through.. One I realised how much respect my tables mates gave me.. it freed me up to play with them a bit.. So once I was having fun with them, the nerves went.. Also having the second biggest chipstack on the table helped.. ;)

What did you learn from the experience? and would you do anything different next time? 

I learned a lot. The experience was invaluable and the buzz from the game was second to none. I actually woke up with what felt like utter depression this morning (Soon went!).

Next time I would play the A7 hand differently. That's the hand where I took some good advice prior to it in the break, about bet sizing and aggression and went with it... It was the right advice but the wrong hand for me to use it..I should have tried to find out more about my opponents hand.. I know what I did wrong there and It'll take a while for me to get over that one.. I committed far too many chips and by the end of the hand I was in trouble. To be honest that's pretty much all I would change.. as well as a few instances where my bet sizing could be improved.

The AJ hand I would actually play the same. I was massively shortstacked and it was a good spot to double up against a shorter stack who would most likely be calling fairly wide (A8) It was a chance to get back in the game and I was unlucky he hit an 8 on the turn. 
  • edited January 2011
    You're actually pretty good as this thing I like to call poker!

Well done, Lisa-Marie, you did awesome :) Hoping to do my first live appearance soon (hopefully SPT Leeds). I'll be shaking so much it'll get picked up by seismologists.

I did intend to pop along to rail y'all but .. couldn't happen :(
  • edited January 2011
    YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Well done lady..though you still owe me a win ;oD

xx
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks guys!!

No worries Elliot there'll be plenty of chances to get involved and rail the team :) x

Plus all the support on the threads here really let us know what a great community we have here at sky..