You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5p/10p Tables

edited February 2011 in Community Suggestions
Every other cash level has 100 bb max buy-in with 1 or 2 deepstack tables.Why are 5p/10p all 200 bb max buy-ins?I would like to play this level but need twice the bankroll to play it safe or play short stacked which i don't like to do.I know all the reg's are used to this so changing it is out of the question but as other levels have deepstack tables i think 1 or 2 100 bb max tables would be possible for us who like to stick to brm.
Thanks Jon.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Trust me belsibub, you're not the only who thinks this.

I've been banging my head against a wall for what seems like forever trying to get this changed & the only thing I've ever been told is that apparently the players at this level like this level of buy in. Personally I hate it.

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be able to buy in for 100bb at this level without worrying (for want of a better word) about someone/some people then buying in for 200 bigs. I don't care what anyone says, if nothing else it completely spoils the dynamics of the game.

If I want to sit at a cash table with £20 then I'll go and play 10/20p.

How about we set up a poll to see how many people who regularly play at this level would like it changed? I can't see any reason why it should be set at 200 bigs for this level other than to generate extra cash in rake. IMO, this just promotes poor brm. IMO, 99% of people playing cash at this level are doing so because that's what their bank roll dictates.

The other thing that really annoys me is that every single time any of the mastercash tables from this level are shown every single presenter/analyst always immediately states how well X, Y or Z have done in this session cos they're sitting with £20 or so when it's quite clear that that don't even know you can buy in for that amount in the first place!

EDIT: As a compromise, why can't Sky offer both like they do on the 2/4p tables. They have a couple of tables where the buy in is 250 bigs but every other table is 100. Surely that's a win-win situation as those that like buying in that deep can still do so & those like us who want to try & promote a more sensible approach to brm also get what we want?
  • edited February 2011
    I guess we'll be hearing no more about this then?
  • edited February 2011
    very good post gl i am behind you all the way!
  • edited February 2011
    I think every cash table should be a standard 20bb to 100 bb buy in.

However, if you have 100 bb and you are playing a pot with someone who has 200bb, 2000bb or 20000bb. It doesnt make any difference to that hand as effective stacks are still 100bb.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p Tables:
    I think every cash table should be a standard 20bb to 100 bb buy in. However, if you have 100 bb and you are playing a pot with someone who has 200bb, 2000bb or 20000bb. It doesnt make any difference to that hand as effective stacks are still 100bb.
    Posted by ajs4385
    I understand what you're saying & it does make sense, however I personally feel that people buying in for huge amounts at this level completely ruins the game. As I say, that is just my opinion & others who play this level regularly may or may not agree with me.

Like I said in my earlier post though the vast majority of people playing this level are doing so because that's what their bankroll dictates so surely that doesn't encourage good brm?
  • edited February 2011
    Starting a poll good call. Belsibub why don't you add a poll to the thread m8
  • edited February 2011
    Would if i new how lol computer illiterate.
  • edited February 2011
    Join the club mate  LMAO.
  • edited February 2011
    Would if i new how lol computer illiterate.
    Posted by belsibub
    I think if you go to the edit function in your original post then there should be an option to add a poll. If not or you can't get it to work just post up here & I'll start a new thread with the poll attached
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: 5p/10p Tables : I think if you go to the edit function in your original post then there should be an option to add a poll. If not or you can't get it to work just post up here & I'll start a new thread with the poll attached
    Posted by silentbob
    Nope can't see it there.Best mabe you start a new thread possibly in general where it will get more attention.I will add my support gl :-).
  • edited February 2011
    Done mate, Thread's in the general section.