You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Go to the SPT, courtesy of the ARL! (***NEW MONDAY-NIGHT LEAGUE***)

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
great perfect night for me :-( just worried i'll win it arent u :p

Comments

• edited February 2011

First, there was the OmaHartigan League.  Then, Richard introduced multi-tabling and lame innuendo with Orford’s Multiball.  And this month, Mr Giddins asked you to go Ed’s Up.  Now, comes the ALL-ROUNDERS' LEAGUE!

This fantastic series of tournaments, hosted by yours truly, kicks off next Monday (7th February).  The ARL will test your talents in different variations of the game.

These are the events you can expect to play over the next six weeks:

Monday 7th February

No Limit Hold'em  (2,500 chips / 12 min blinds)

Monday 14th February

Pot Limit Omaha  (2,500 chips / 12 min blinds)

Monday 21st February

No Limit Hold'em Rebuy  (2,000 chips / 10 min blinds)

Monday 28th February

No Limit Hold'em Bounty Hunter Turbo  (2,000 chips / 5 min blinds)

Monday 7th March 

No Limit Hold'em Deepstack  (5,000 chips / 15 min blinds)

Monday 14th March

Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo  (2,500 chips / 12 min blinds)

Each tournament will start at 19:30 and will cost £10+£1 to enter (apart from the Rebuy event in Week 3 which will cost £5+£0.50).

MereNovice will be keeping score.  Each player will be assessed on his/her three best finishing positions (two from Hold’em; one from Omaha).

IMPORTANT:  You only need to enter three tournaments to qualify for inclusion in the ARL rankings, but you MUST play at least one of the Omaha events.  Otherwise, you won’t be eligible to win one of these fantastic prizes:

1st place = Free seat in a Sky Poker Tour live event

2nd place = Free entry to a Sunday-night Primo tournament

3rd place = Free entry to a Thursday-night Bounty Hunter tournament

4th place = Free entry to a Team Sky Poker Classic tournament

5th place = Free entry to a Take on Tikay tournament

Plus...

I’ll be playing in all six events.  Everyone who finishes higher than me in the final league table will receive a “shout out” on channel 865.  Luckily, the live show is four hours long ;)

Good luck – and let’s have some fun!  Any questions, please ask.

• edited January 2011
    Nice prizes and all these leagues are good fun.  Thank you.
  • edited January 2011
    Count me in James - Monday is the best night for me + the prizes are sooo good that you should be a fisherman !!

Prepared to be owned lol :)
  • edited January 2011
    Count me in for this one especially with the Omaha events! ;-)
  • edited January 2011
    i may of missed this, but do you just get your points based on your best 3 finishes then?
  • edited January 2011

will there be Sats on the day for these James as BR doesn't stretch £11 buy-ins yet plus great that its 1 tourney per week as i could play it along side me DTD nice 1
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Go to the SPT, courtesy of the ARL! (***NEW MONDAY-NIGHT LEAGUE***):
    i may of missed this, but do you just get your points based on your best 3 finishes then?
    Posted by murray69
    There are no league points awarded.  You will simply be "graded" on your three best finishes (two from Hold'em; one from Omaha).

So, for example, say your best placings in the NLHE tournaments are 11th and 18th.  And in one of the Omaha events you come 7th.

Your final score would be 11 + 18 + 7 = 36.  Suffice to say, the lowest score wins!

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Go to the SPT, courtesy of the ARL! (***NEW MONDAY-NIGHT LEAGUE***):
         will there be Sats on the day for these James as BR doesn't stretch £11 buy-ins yet plus great that its 1 tourney per week as i could play it along side me DTD nice 1
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Sorry, Michael - there won't be sats.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Go to the SPT, courtesy of the ARL! (***NEW MONDAY-NIGHT LEAGUE***) : Sorry, Michael - there won't be sats.
    Posted by J-Hartigan

ok James no probs  will see if i can set aside £33 for 3 tourneys as have just started Omaha & would be a good Challenge for me

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Go to the SPT, courtesy of the ARL! (***NEW MONDAY-NIGHT LEAGUE***) :   ok James no probs  will see if i can set aside £33 for 3 tourneys as have just started Omaha & would be a good Challenge for me   
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Just win all three DTD games tonight, problem solved:))
  • edited February 2011
    You'll be pleased to know I used up all my good luck tonight, so I'll be dead money at the tables for the next six weeks :)

• edited February 2011
    You'll be pleased to know I used up all my good luck tonight, so I'll be dead money at the tables for the next six weeks :)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Back to normal then? ;)

I'm not usually available on Monday nights but I'll try and work a way around it! Then there'll be some real value!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Go to the SPT, courtesy of the ARL! (***NEW MONDAY-NIGHT LEAGUE***) : Just win all three DTD games tonight, problem solved:))
    Posted by Kiwini4u

haha cheers Steve alas failed miserably in DTD but i cashed in the TSP  so will put that to this will play in 3 so back to 4 Tourneys on a monday night wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii gl all
  • edited February 2011
    Good luck to everyone playing in the final week of the Ed's Up League.

Don't forget - the ARL starts on Monday 7th!

• edited February 2011
    Just one day to go!

You can register for the first event NOW.  It's highlighted in the tournament lobby and can also be found HERE.

A belated thank you to the Sky Poker Marketing team for the fantastic prizes.

And - at the risk of repeating myself - we should have some fun over the next six weeks.  We must never forget that poker is a game; something to be enjoyed.  This site prides itself on creating a friendly and cheerful environment to play poker, so let's have a blast :-)

• edited February 2011
    Kiwini4u has spotted that all six tournaments are in the lobby.

So, if you're super-keen (like me), you can register for every single All Rounders' League event right now!

• edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    Today's the day...

• edited February 2011

In.

This should be fun, good luck James.
  • edited February 2011
    Am Ready, Am Focused, Am IN !!!
  • edited February 2011
    gutted out every monday night,gl everyone!!
  • edited February 2011
    gutted out every monday night,gl everyone!!
    Posted by mkgunner
    mk gunner !

suggestion for you!

Why not just play the first half of the tournys before you go out....you then should be well ahead....Now press sit out button.....go out & Enjoy, thus not lettin any horrible lil pik ey player tilting you off so that you s natch medocrity from the jaws of victory, still enabling you to cash hopefully !

This is a well-known tactic in poker circles commonly known as the 'Diaby', other tactics to employ are to play all pocket pairs strongly, apart from 4-4, defo fold, as always seems to get caught when seemingly well in front!!

Hope this helps you, as am always willing to help any poker footie fans!!

Enjoy your monday nites on 'the toon' so to speak

The Hitman

Fulham for Life

lol, politely
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry James, i can't play this league this time round, as i go to play badminton every Monday now and wont be home until about 8.30! But im sure i'll be about later to say hi.

Good Luck with it and enjoy all!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Go to the SPT, courtesy of the ARL! (***NEW MONDAY-NIGHT LEAGUE***) : mk gunner ! suggestion for you! Why not just play the first half of the tournys before you go out....you then should be well ahead....Now press sit out button.....go out & Enjoy, thus not lettin any horrible lil pik ey player tilting you off so that you s natch medocrity from the jaws of victory, still enabling you to cash hopefully ! This is a well-known tactic in poker circles commonly known as the 'Diaby', other tactics to employ are to play all pocket pairs strongly, apart from 4-4, defo fold, as always seems to get caught when seemingly well in front!! Hope this helps you, as am always willing to help any poker footie fans!! Enjoy your monday nites on 'the toon' so to speak The Hitman Fulham for Life lol, politely
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    lol hitman,i was there saturday,got season ticket,enjoyed the day apart from last 45 mins!
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry James, i can't play this league this time round, as i go to play badminton every Monday now and wont be home until about 8.30! But im sure i'll be about later to say hi. Good Luck with it and enjoy all!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Badminton?!?  Please tell me this is a level, Greg...
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Go to the SPT, courtesy of the ARL! (***NEW MONDAY-NIGHT LEAGUE***) : Badminton?!?  Please tell me this is a level, Greg...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    I have been a member of a badminton club for about 8 years. its the only sport i have ever been remotely good at. My height is a distinct advantage obv. I used to go every Monday, until i stopped for a bit to play online poker instead. Then i realised i was getting fatter and had to do something about it. So I am.

So no more nitty folds until after 9pm tonight.
  • edited February 2011
    In. This should be fun, good luck James.
    Posted by Tikay10
    OH NO TK IS IN, MIGHT GO OUT AND HAVE A FEW PINTS NOW, I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE FUN. LOL
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Go to the SPT, courtesy of the ARL! (***NEW MONDAY-NIGHT LEAGUE***) : OH NO TK IS IN, MIGHT GO OUT AND HAVE A FEW PINTS NOW, I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE FUN. LOL
    Posted by HAPPYNIGE4
    JOKING OF COURSE, GL ALL AND LETS HAVE FUN.
  • edited February 2011
    sounds good but years since iv played omaha seriously
    count me in
    thanks james

In Response to Go to the SPT, courtesy of the ARL! (***NEW MONDAY-NIGHT LEAGUE***):
    First, there was the OmaHartigan League.  Then, Richard introduced multi-tabling and lame innuendo with Orford’s Multiball.  And this month, Mr Giddins asked you to go Ed’s Up.  Now, comes the ALL-ROUNDERS' LEAGUE ! This fantastic series of tournaments, hosted by yours truly, kicks off next Monday (7 th February).  The ARL will test your talents in different variations of the game. These are the events you can expect to play over the next six weeks: Monday 7th February No Limit Hold'em  (2,500 chips / 12 min blinds)   Monday 14th February Pot Limit Omaha  (2,500 chips / 12 min blinds)   Monday 21st February No Limit Hold'em Rebuy  (2,000 chips / 10 min blinds)   Monday 28th February No Limit Hold'em Bounty Hunter Turbo  (2,000 chips / 5 min blinds)   Monday 7th March   No Limit Hold'em Deepstack  (5,000 chips / 15 min blinds)   Monday 14th March Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo  (2,500 chips / 12 min blinds)   Each tournament will start at 19:30 and will cost £10+£1 to enter (apart from the Rebuy event in Week 3 which will cost £5+£0.50). MereNovice will be keeping score.  Each player will be assessed on his/her three best finishing positions (two from Hold’em; one from Omaha). IMPORTANT:  You only need to enter three tournaments to qualify for inclusion in the ARL rankings, but you MUST play at least one of the Omaha events.  Otherwise, you won’t be eligible to win one of these fantastic prizes: 1 st place = Free seat in a Sky Poker Tour live event 2 nd place = Free entry to a Sunday-night Primo tournament 3 rd place = Free entry to a Thursday-night Bounty Hunter tournament 4 th place = Free entry to a Team Sky Poker Classic tournament 5 th place = Free entry to a Take on Tikay tournament   Plus... I’ll be playing in all six events.  Everyone who finishes higher than me in the final league table will receive a “shout out” on channel 865.  Luckily, the live show is four hours long ;) Good luck – and let’s have some fun!  Any questions, please ask.
    Posted by J-Hartigan