You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Strangest two hands of my (short) poker life

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Ok so I've only been playing about a month. But this must be up there with pretty weird. I lost two heads up games in a row and my BR is down to 82p so I don't have enough to play any more. I was tilting a little from playing and losing two close HU games I'll admit

So I find the shortest handed, 2p/4p cash table with the highest average pot and after two players raise to 20p pre-flop throw all in on my first hand which happens to be 9T off suit. My only caller of the two has 86 off suit!!!

That was lucky I thought and I win the hand and 82p back. BR now at £1.64 so enough to play another HU before bed I thought. Just as I go to close the window I'm dealt aces.

I sit in to maybe win another hand and the 86o guy goes all in with the rest of his money. I call and he turns over 72 off suit. I win and double up to a new bank roll of £3.18.

I feel as though my ill-gotten gains should be spent on a Russian Roulette since they don't feel like real winnings

Comments

• edited February 2011
    nice hands.... :S

What's the moral of the story here?

Give up on heads up and become a 2p 4p cash grinder ?????
  • edited February 2011
    No money in Heads up, everybodys solid.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Strangest two hands of my (short) poker life:
    No money in Heads up, everybodys solid.
    Posted by gaza559

You've obviously not played me :) 5.25 there are plenty that are not
  • edited February 2011
    Similar thing happened to me Saturday (or was it Sunday)

Bad Beat + Too much Wine + Couple of disconnections = BR down to less than a tenner

Decided to play HU £5 turbo and keep playing until I lose a game

Won 13 in a row!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Strangest two hands of my (short) poker life:
    Ok so I've only been playing about a month. But this must be up there with pretty weird. I lost two heads up games in a row and my BR is down to 82p so I don't have enough to play any more. I was tilting a little from playing and losing two close HU games I'll admit So I find the shortest handed, 2p/4p cash table with the highest average pot and after two players raise to 20p pre-flop throw all in on my first hand which happens to be 9T off suit. My only caller of the two has 86 off suit!!! That was lucky I thought and I win the hand and 82p back. BR now at £1.64 so enough to play another HU before bed I thought. Just as I go to close the window I'm dealt aces. I sit in to maybe win another hand and the 86o guy goes all in with the rest of his money. I call and he turns over 72 off suit. I win and double up to a new bank roll of £3.18. I feel as though my ill-gotten gains should be spent on a Russian Roulette since they don't feel like real winnings
    Posted by jugglegeek

you say you played two hu games and then only had 84p left so cant afford to play anymore.
    so you need to manage your bankroll so if you lose a couple of games you can still play. i.e 5% of your bankroll