You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU tricky spot against a total donk(DOHHHHH) :)

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Fold pre obviously :)

Reasons i have posted this as dohhhh has requested, what range would you put him on? I go for A high

Comments

• edited February 2011
    BTW i guess'd right hand last night, just deleted as thought wrong lol

Ok no reads necessary he's either a maniac or a total nit, but he knows that so i assume he will play on this

can i ever call dohhhhhead's shove here?? i thought about it
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind   25.00 25.00 1065.00
    YOUNG_GUN Big blind   50.00 75.00 860.00
      Your hole cards

DOHHHHHHH Raise   100.00 175.00 965.00
    YOUNG_GUN Call   75.00 250.00 785.00
    Flop

• J

YOUNG_GUN Check        
    DOHHHHHHH Bet   150.00 400.00 815.00
    YOUNG_GUN Call   150.00 550.00 635.00
    Turn

YOUNG_GUN Check        
    DOHHHHHHH All-in   815.00 1365.00 0.00
  • edited February 2011

We weren't deep enough for me to make any other bet...............

If you thought it through you could have called though. Stoooopid bet by me really, but I knew I was playing a plonker, who would let me get away with it.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: HU tricky spot against a total donk(DOHHHHH) :):
    We weren't deep enough for me to make any other bet............... If you thought it through you could have called though. Stoooopid bet by me really, but I knew I was playing a plonker, who would let me get away with it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

True i should have called :-(

lol 'knew you was playing a plonker' oi rodney!

TBF i call that pretty much a hero call, but when you mentioned you bluffed i knew the hand so pretty impressed with that even if i did fold
  • edited February 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  25.00 25.00 1065.00
    YOUNG_GUN Big blind  50.00 75.00 860.00
      Your hole cards

DOHHHHHHH Raise  100.00 175.00 965.00
    YOUNG_GUN Call  75.00 250.00 785.00
    Flop

• J

YOUNG_GUN Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  150.00 400.00 815.00
    YOUNG_GUN Call  150.00 550.00 635.00
    Turn

YOUNG_GUN Check     
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  815.00 1365.00 0.00
    YOUNG_GUN Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Muck     
    DOHHHHHHH Win  550.00  550.00
    DOHHHHHHH Return  815.00 0.00 1365.00
  • edited February 2011
    obv you would have binked a 9, know your RNG for the win....although i didnt

chat later loser
  • edited February 2011
    Fold pre, also if you call, on that flop you could check raise all in if you think he's bluffin (which he probably is ;) )
  • edited February 2011
    Fold pre, also if you call, on that flop you could check raise all in if you think he's bluffin (which he probably is ;) )
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    If he is bluffing then why do you want to check raise all-in rather than allow him to continue to bluff?.

• edited February 2011
    if you flat dohhh on the flop he will cbet 99% of turns, and when you're that shallow it's always a shove

so if you want to get your stack in, flat his flop bet rather than checkraise hoping he's bluffing, because he's always gonna lay it down unless you're crushed.

It's easier said than done, but the way it's played (and the fact it's dohhh) means I think that's a call there.

I actually wouldn't have minded 3-bet shoving pre, though. 67s plays well enough against any hand he calls you with (big picture cards, even big pairs) and folds out a vast amount of hands which are beating, maybe even crushing you (A6/K6/78/79 etc etc). Heads up he raises like every single button with anything.
  • edited February 2011
    if you flat dohhh on the flop he will cbet 99% of turns, and when you're that shallow it's always a shove so if you want to get your stack in, flat his flop bet rather than checkraise hoping he's bluffing, because he's always gonna lay it down unless you're crushed. It's easier said than done, but the way it's played (and the fact it's dohhh) means I think that's a call there. I actually wouldn't have minded 3-bet shoving pre, though. 67s plays well enough against any hand he calls you with (big picture cards, even big pairs) and folds out a vast amount of hands which are beating, maybe even crushing you (A6/K6/78/79 etc etc). Heads up he raises like every single button with anything.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    This:)

• edited February 2011
    i havnt looked at the results but i would snap call that turkey with King high.................