You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

does he really have it!?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
of what i know on the villain hes fairly loose pre-flop, calls majority of raises. 100% confident i was ahead until the river in which brought probably the worst card in the deck on the end. every draw got there. pot bet after my check to me shows massive strength, i obviously have a big hand playing so strongly down the streets and he feels he can get max value by betting pot. then again, he needs to bet such an amount to get me to lay down my hand. is he repping the flush/straight after my weakness? is it the right move to call here?

£$%&@£$T$£@£

Hand History #336832446 (00:48 02/02/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Nosebleed_ Small blind   £1.00 £1.00 £194.00
hurst05 Big blind   £2.00 £3.00 £527.05
  Your hole cards

eraseroo7 Raise   £4.00 £7.00 £350.66
beaneh Raise   £6.00 £13.00 £200.85
Nosebleed_ Fold        
hurst05 Call   £4.00 £17.00 £523.05
eraseroo7 Call   £2.00 £19.00 £348.66
Flop

hurst05 Check        
eraseroo7 Bet   £6.00 £25.00 £342.66
beaneh Fold        
hurst05 Raise   £30.00 £55.00 £493.05
eraseroo7 Call   £24.00 £79.00 £318.66
Turn

• J

hurst05 Bet   £66.00 £145.00 £427.05
eraseroo7 Call   £66.00 £211.00 £252.66
River

hurst05 Check        
eraseroo7 Bet   £211.00 £422.00 £41.66
hurst05
?????????????

Comments

• edited February 2011
    a couple hands later he called my big bets down with 2nd pair to showdown.
  • edited February 2011
    Tough one, part of me thinks he is bluffing left a tiny bit behind and you have showed weakness. maybe he has overpair its hard to say. How do they usually play if they hit a set? do they flat or will they re-raise?

problem is with the flush your probably losing to more hands that your beating so probably should fold, although does smell of a bluff or semi bluff here though

I'd prob bet bit more if you put them on flush, also river i would bet out if you dont intend to call
  • edited February 2011
    Im not sure you can semi-bluff when you're last to act on the river ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: does he really have it!?:
    Im not sure you can semi-bluff when you're last to act on the river ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

What i mean he has half a hand like AJ, which is not often going to be ahead  but has part of it

not really a semi bluff, but at least i know what i mean lol
  • edited February 2011
    You say he called you down with 2nd pair in a later hand but this hand he leads out, the flop was very str8/flush draw heavy I think your set is rocky and a fold is worth thinking about.
  • edited February 2011
    had he been open min raising much and with what hands?
    had he been donk betting flop and with what hands? are his donks always small?
    what player type would you categorise him as?
  • edited February 2011

had he been open min raising much and with what hands?

he wasnt opening a great deal of hands, but when he did they were small raises etc. he was more into calling pre flop raises. 

had he been donk betting flop and with what hands?

not really, which made me think he had a draw, if he open min raised with a hand like 5-6cc etc then just flatted the 3-bet hoping to catch a monster flop. but i never really saw his hands go to showdown very often. and multi-tabling makes it even harder to know what his range would be in this spot. 

are his donks always small? what player type would you categorise him as?

his bets in relation to the pots are always small, its confusing, he leads so weak on the flop yet calls a re-raise thats more than pot! id describe him as a player who doesnt like to fold, plays way too many hands. 

its a tricky one.

• edited February 2011

You were probably about 13k up on the horses that day, you can afford to have a look :)
  • edited February 2011
    does he limp call much?
    he dont seem the kind of player to open min with hands like 56s, i would think AJs mid PPs 77, 99 are more in his range,

i think he would donk with 66 77 88? 99 etc AJcc kind of hands and will call further big bets with them
    i think check folding the river is ok, if he has anything he can showdown he would probably check behind and would value bet with hands that have you crushed so i dont see him bluffing much

i guess bet folding is ok too as it will be pretty thin you can bet £90ish if you think he calls with worse
    and i think check calling is the worse option in this spot, if the river bricked and you put him on a draw then it would be an option
    it is a pretty weird hand and would be interested in what others think lol_raise, YB etc
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: does he really have it!? : had he been open min raising much and with what hands? he wasnt opening a great deal of hands, but when he did they were small raises etc. he was more into calling pre flop raises.  had he been donk betting flop and with what hands? not really, which made me think he had a draw, if he open min raised with a hand like 5-6cc etc then just flatted the 3-bet hoping to catch a monster flop. but i never really saw his hands go to showdown very often. and multi-tabling makes it even harder to know what his range would be in this spot.  are his donks always small? what player type would you categorise him as? his bets in relation to the pots are always small, its confusing, he leads so weak on the flop yet calls a re-raise thats more than pot! id describe him as a player who doesnt like to fold, plays way too many hands.  its a tricky one.
    Posted by hurst05
    From what you have said, i think he/she had you beat. The fact that the villain doesn't like to fold, probably means they won't lay down any draw even if you give them the wrong price. I think the villain has hit the flush on the river and bets the pot because they realise you have a very strong hand. I would expect they had something like Ac6c.