You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Busy PTP evening ahead.......

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat

Hi,

Got quite a busy evening ahead, so I hope some of you will share the load.

My Scheduled Tourneys this evening are as follows....

7pm - tikay Sleepstack, 10 seater, £11, 5k chips.

8pm - DoubleStack Main Event, £22, 4k chips.

8.30pm - Take-on-tikay, £5.50, 2.5k chips.

9pm - TSP Classic, £11, 2k chips.

The 8.30 "Take-on-tikay" may have quite a few strangers in it, as it forms part of a League being run on another Forum, but I know them all, & they play poker for fun, so should be quite a lively Rail in this tonight. I hope you'll make them welcome, in true Sky Community fashion.

See you later, I hope.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Busy PTP evening ahead.......:
    Hi, Got quite a busy evening ahead, so I hope some of you will share the load. My Scheduled Tourneys this evening are as follows.... 7pm - tikay Sleepstack, 10 seater, £11, 5k chips. 8pm - DoubleStack Main Event, £22, 4k chips. 8.30pm - Take-on-tikay, £5.50, 2.5k chips. 9pm - TSP Classic, £11, 2k chips. The 8.30 "Take-on-tikay" may have quite a few strangers in it, as it forms part of a League being run on another Forum, but I know them all, & they play poker for fun, so should be quite a lively Rail in this tonight. I hope you'll make them welcome, in true Sky Community fashion. See you later, I hope.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lolz - Usually means they are quite good at it - lets hope we can show them we have some real class & solid players here at sky poker.

Look forward to beating.........I mean meeting them all lol.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Busy PTP evening ahead.......:
    In Response to Busy PTP evening ahead....... : Lolz - Usually means they are quite good at it - lets hope we can show them we have some real class & solid players here at sky poker. Look forward to beating.........I mean meeting them all lol.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Some good, some not so, exactly the same as here. Almost all of them are friends of mine, & they are just fine, you will enjoy the Rail banter.

For me, it'll be as if there were 50 Dylans or Daiboots on the Rail - the anti-railing will be immense!
  • edited February 2011
    TK - where are these guys/girls from?

Perhaps someone could keep score to make things interesting?

Sky Vs the world!!!
  • edited February 2011
    hi tikay ,may i just ask you ,how do you find multi tabling ,,,,i see you will be playing four tourneys tonight ,and lets say you go deep in the first two ,,,,how do you concentrate when u have four tables open .myself i can only manage two ,i cant concentrate ,maybe im not a robot :)...................also with every body chatting to you as well ,it must be a strain on your concentration for sure...........ten
  • edited February 2011
    TK - where are these guys/girls from? Perhaps someone could keep score to make things interesting? Sky Vs the world!!!
    Posted by Small_Dog
    From a Forum which Sky Poker are sponsoring for 3 months for "commercial reasons" - trying to attract more players to the Site, in a cost-effective way. Which I hope works, as I have a bit of a conflict of interest, as I part own the other site, so it's all a bit awkward for me. But nice too, to play poker with long-term friends adds a whole dimension to the game.

"Keeping score" would be tricky, as only a few dozen will be playing, but there is a healthy rivalry.

A "Team Event" would be cool, but it's tricky beyond belief to set up. If Members migrate across (in either direction) the Deal would be imperilled, and that's the last thing either party wants. A few in each direction is fine & dandy, as has happened already, both ways, & successfully, but encouraging it would be just a disaster, & we can't go down that road. Then we'd have peeps trying to "beat the system" by taking advantage of targeted Promos on one site or the other. We need to rely on people's good judgement & common-sense to avoid that.

In honesty, the Deal has been in place for 1 month, (it's scheduled to last for 3 months) & it's been very much a curates egg for me - incredibly difficult, awkward, & uncomfortable, to "tread the fine line" on both sites, but good, too, & it's doing what it is designed to do, or is so far.

If we can find a way to set up some Team Events without compromising the need not to encourage migration across the Forums, we will.

Good question, Little Dog.
  • edited February 2011
    Tk I will let you explain this to me in plain English in Luton!

But catch your drift so nothing else left to be said on the matter.

See you on the tables tonight!
  • edited February 2011
    hi tikay ,may i just ask you ,how do you find multi tabling ,,,,i see you will be playing four tourneys tonight ,and lets say you go deep in the first two ,,,,how do you concentrate when u have four tables open .myself i can only manage two ,i cant concentrate ,maybe im not a robot :)...................also with every body chatting to you as well ,it must be a strain on your concentration for sure...........ten
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Please. STOP asking such good questions!

I'm a little old to learn multi-Tabling, & if I'm honest, I find it pretty hard to get used to, but slowly, I'm getting the hang of it. I played 6 at once one night last week, & I cashed in 2, so I'm getting there. Last night I played 3 & cashed in 2, so it's not so bad.

The concentration is fine, no prob with that, but to me, I need to be able to know what players are doing what, observation of OTHER players likely actions is more than half of the game in my opinion, so I'm far less effective when multi-tabling. But I am getting a little better at it, & have developed some "methods" to get up to speed, & give myself as much time as possible to make good decisions.

People chatting to me as well as 4 or 6 Tabling? That one is difficult, & I'll be 100% honest with you, I get stressed to death on these nights when I can't reply to all the questions. Closed questions are fine, ("Are you still in the Main Event?") that's a yes or no, but open questions ("I had A-K UTG, & raised it up, was that right?") are a nightmare, & impossible to answer properly under those circumstances.

So I get incredibly stressed out, as it's seems so rude not to reply promptly to everyone. But let's be right, I'm paid to do it by Sky Poker, and most would swap with me in a flash, so I'm deffo not complaining, but it is stressful.

I have less patience with Rail trolls, who deliberately bug me (& the other PTP-ers), ask trolling questions. "Do you like sausages?" has been asked by one specific player hundreds of times during PTP, just to be a deliberate pain. I don't reply to those, & I'm not going to tell you what I think of them. ;) Just goes with the territory, I guess.

Then there's the guys who just want to abuse the PTP-ers, which is about as pathetic & lacking in class as it gets, because they know full, well, we cannot reply in kind, & we just turn the other cheek.

Bit there's a positive for every negative, & there are loads of friends who help me out on the Rail & assist me by answering the standard questions. Top blokes them, & I can never thank them enough.

It's all a balance thing.

Another great question, thank you.
  • edited February 2011
    hopefully i ll win tonight.lol gl ev1
  • edited February 2011
    I'm in all four.  Doubt I'll have to multi table though.
  • edited February 2011
    OK- I'm on PTP duties tonight and will be playing the 8pm main event and, as proud and temporary member of Team Sky Poker, will be tackling my first TSP Classic of February at 9pm.

I'm expecting to finish 194th and 7th, respectively.

See you there!
  • edited February 2011

Managed to get through the Sats so am in the £4K Double Stack gl all
  • edited February 2011
    OK- I'm on PTP duties tonight and will be playing the 8pm main event and, as proud and temporary member of Team Sky Poker, will be tackling my first TSP Classic of February at 9pm. I'm expecting to finish 194th and 7th, respectively. See you there!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Now i am confused
    Who is the PTP tonight?
    If it is Rich then why did Tikay start the post? or is it a double PTP? or has Rich got the wrong night?
    My head is spinning

My thoughts are that Tikay is getting a free nights poker on his main account, be aware that you do not run deep and find the money going into your sky account instead of your pocket
    LOL

Gary

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Busy PTP evening ahead....... : Now i am confused Who is the PTP tonight? If it is Rich then why did Tikay start the post? or is it a double PTP? or has Rich got the wrong night? My head is spinning My thoughts are that Tikay is getting a free nights poker on his main account, be aware that you do not run deep and find the money going into your sky account instead of your pocket LOL Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Maybe both PTP-ers, more likely, Rich is doing it as a TSP-er, but for Admin purposes, it's the same thing, effectively PTP.

Free night on my Company Account?  I far prefer playing on my private Account. You don't know me very well, do you?! I intensely dislike playing poker with other people's money.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, there's not much Playing of the Presenter in tonight's Play The Presenter so far.

I've just taken an early bath from the main event after my AQ came to blows with RosJim's AK on an Ace high flop.

I finished 266th out of 272.

Well, I did say I'd do rubbish in the main event, didn't I?

I also said I'd do well in the TSP Classic at 9. So let's find out if I really am the new Mystic Meg.

In the meantime I'm heading to the cash tables to win back my main event buy-in. I'll post my location in a moment...
  • edited February 2011
    Barnstable 10 seater 15p/30p.

Come and have a game if you fancy it!
  • edited February 2011
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sharksbite running well in the ME...sooooo good to see her back on the site!!

xx
  • edited February 2011
    OK- TSP didn't quite go according to plan- with 67 players left i found myself in an all-in coup with AJ (the LM classic) versus Q-10

The flop duly brought a K and 9, meaning that when I paired up on the river I went out. 

C'est la vie. Which I think is French for 'it's a lavvy, or toilet'

Now signed up for the 10.30pm £750 Bounty Hunter.

Third time lucky?