You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Automatic call? Question about PF betting now in thread, post 13.

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic

He could easily have JJ-QQ-KK,........... TT is in there, and crushes u obv, and you may have to dodge the AKss but you should be happy to do so.

I can't see him holding anything other than the above hands, apart from maybe the 2 black aces.

Either way don't fold.

edit - raise closer to £3 pre too.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    OP has been on table for about an hour, has been quite aggro, 3 betting 2 or 3 times and winning without showdown. Has always had genuine hands when called.
    What range would yo uput OP on and is this a snap call?
    AGM09 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £10.51
    Sildenafil Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £7.43
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

MickDundee Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £7.56
    OP Raise  £0.72 £1.08 £10.46
    essex119 Fold     
    Seagull158 Raise  £2.00 £3.08 £8.09
    AGM09 Fold     
    Sildenafil Fold     
    MickDundee Fold     
    OP Call  £1.28 £4.36 £9.18
    Flop

OP Check     
    Seagull158 Bet  £2.00 £6.36 £6.09
    OP All-in  £9.18 £15.54 £0.00
    Seagull158 ??????     
  • edited February 2011
    Easiest call ever..at worst I THINK in this situation is that it is a flip..............but i bet coz ur postin ur hand here he has a set? any way played ok i like ur re raise size pre only because ur on the button..................ur flop bet was good too imo , i mean if you bet £4 ur oppo would kno ur not folding, ur bet gave him a spot to bluff......Snap call here
  • edited February 2011

If he has a set, it's tens.

I think he has AK of spades and got there.

The range of hands he 3 bets, and flats a 4 bet with is very very narrow.

• edited February 2011
    ACE TEN SPADES
  • edited February 2011
    I snap call then swear lots as he flips over 10's or binks his flush :(
  • edited February 2011

Myself if I was 4 betting with AA I would be shoving the lot in hoping at least one calls as I dont want a 3 way pot on the flop.

You have to call I also think he has an over pair or semi bluff with AK spades in which case ur ahead, a set maybe as if you had a set with the flush draw on the board you would want to end it here.... well thats poker AA gets busted just kick the wall.

• edited February 2011
    Simple call.

If your behind you are very unlucky.

Expect to be ahead more often than not.
  • edited February 2011
    i think 4 bet size is fine, in this spot dont even worry what he has snap call make a note and move on
  • edited February 2011
    fwiw the hands i would think he most likly has when he shoves are AQs, JJ, 10,10, QQ and a badly played AK in that order
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Automatic call? Thanks for replies. I called. He had the other two aces. Split pot and the rake won:
    In Response to Re: Automatic call? Thanks for replies. I called. He had the other two aces. Split pot and the rake won : Because the OP was slow playing his aces i guess, but I dont see why AA is an automatic AI PF. In his position I might have called too. What's wrong with that play?
    Posted by Seagull158
    slow playing one pair is just crazzeeee talk
  • edited February 2011
    i would have put AA in but i thought it was pointless
    fwiw i think he played them ok