You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CANT GET MY HEAD ROUND THIS...

edited September 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
HI, I DECIDED TO HAVE A LITTLE GO AT H/U CASH TODAY... I WISH I HADN'T... THIS GUY WAS VERY AGGRESIVE AND WAS MAKING ALL KIND OF WONDERFUL MOVES...BUT BY NOW IT WAS A CASE OF ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,,, TIME TO TAKE A STAND... JUST WANT SOME VIEWS OF PREFLOP PLAY BY BOTH OF US..CONSDIERING HE WAS SHOWING STONE COLD BLUFFS AND BULLYING ME! CHEERS JIM.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
JOHNNY1MAC Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £23.44
jimbo31 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £32.25
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

JOHNNY1MAC All-in  £23.44 £23.74 £0.00
jimbo31 Call  £23.34 £47.08 £8.91
Flop

Turn

• A

River

jimbo31 Show
  • A
  • J

JOHNNY1MAC Show

JOHNNY1MAC Win Straight to the 7 £46.08  £46.08

Comments

• edited September 2009
     by approximately a 647,000 to 1 probability--you appear to have chanced upon a nutter--very unlikely to ever happen again--lol
  • edited September 2009
    JIMBO JUST ONE OF THOSE HORRID DAYS WHEN WHATEVER YOU HIT ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH..I HAVE THEM EVERY DAY M8 HEHEHE

B LUKKY BUD
  • edited September 2009
    lol, maybe he was drunk
  • edited September 2009
    nice hand johny ;-) .... What can we say? You knew he was a nutter you caught him but he got lucky... if im you i reload and get it all back
  • edited September 2009
    You lost a 60/40 boo hoo
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: CANT GET MY HEAD ROUND THIS...:
    You lost a 60/40 boo hoo
    Posted by scotty77
    SORT OF PLAY U WOULD DO THO PRO SHOVING PREFLOP £25 ON 2 4 OFF...
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: CANT GET MY HEAD ROUND THIS... : SORT OF PLAY U WOULD DO THO PRO SHOVING PREFLOP £25 ON 2 4 OFF...
    Posted by jimbo31
    If he was playing like that every hand, surely it is best to wait for a bigger hand that AJo to call with.

• edited September 2009
    AJsuited was the hand, i believe.
    You have a valid point, it might have been better to wait, but the OP was frustrated and 'drew a line in the sand.'
    What is regrettable is your 'boo hoo' comment, IMO not helpful.
  • edited September 2009
    I`m calling, if he was shoving every hand you are way ahead of his range with AJs
  • edited September 2009
    I`m calling, if he was shoving every hand you are way ahead of his range with AJs
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Yeah I am too, but thinking about it from an odds point of view then there isn't a HUGE edge there.

With AJs you are either:

a) crushed by a bigger A or a big pair
    b) racing versus a pocket pair
    c) getting it in a 60/40

The only scenario where your PF advantage is huge is when he has an A/J with a lower kicker.
  • edited September 2009
    jimbo--use "find a player" tab on left of screen---wait till after 11pm (in case he was drunk) find him--get in there and empty his account--gl m8
  • edited September 2009
    I'm with oynutter, I'd stalk him, watch his game, see if you caught him on an odd night (drunk or tilting) and then go take him down once you have some aawsome notes made up on him and his game. If he is that poor in general then you could of found your own little cow to milk lol.................... what am i saying....... leave him alone im off to find him first lol :)
  • edited September 2009
    Ah I just re-read this and realised who the player was.  Johnnymac is a 100nl/200nl regular and he usually plays ok, he was obviously just messing about on the low limits. 
  • edited September 2009
    I sat with him a few days ago at nl50 and he seemed pretty solid
  • edited September 2009
    Johnny1mac .. is a good friend of mine .. He plays Luton , not so much now but...
    Trust me ... he is very very good player ..he plays big tournament events and big /cash live!
    He doesn't play here much, he can mix-up all the games  7 stud pot .. Hi lo Omaha .. and Holdem

He's fearless as to who he plays against so my guess is he was messing about on those limits !

glk benny
  • edited September 2009
    Johnny1mac .. is a good friend of mine .. He plays Luton , not so much now but... Trust me ... he is very very good player ..he plays big tournament events and big /cash live! He doesn't play here much, he can mix-up all the games  7 stud pot .. Hi lo Omaha .. and Holdem  He's fearless as to who he plays against so my guess is he was messing about on those limits ! glk benny
    Posted by bennydip2
    I hope I come across him at the G sir.  Played with him last week at 100nl i think and it was LOL.  pwned this guy bad was for like 8 stacks, was funny.

he was kinda messing about there too for the first couple of stacks but once he got a big stack he really nitted up and played good.  was hoping he was gonna keep up with the S-lag fest and give me some staxxxxxxxxx but sadly not :(  no one ever gives me stacks now :(
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: CANT GET MY HEAD ROUND THIS... : I hope I come across him at the G sir.  Played with him last week at 100nl i think and it was LOL.  pwned this guy bad was for like 8 stacks, was funny. he was kinda messing about there too for the first couple of stacks but once he got a big stack he really nitted up and played good.  was hoping he was gonna keep up with the S-lag fest and give me some staxxxxxxxxx but sadly not :(  no one ever gives me stacks now :(
    Posted by scotty77
    Do people really still use the 'word' pwned?
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: CANT GET MY HEAD ROUND THIS... : Do people really still use the 'word' pwned?
    Posted by repton3
    Epic fail lol tb xxxx
  • edited September 2009
    At least substitute a 3 in for the e to make it h4x0rific ;)
  • edited September 2009
    CHEERS FOR THE FEEDBACK... BENNY THAT PROBABLY EXPLAINS IT... CHEERS!
  • edited September 2009
    I understand your frustration in losing the hand in question but when playing H2H all the 'normal rules' of poker go out the window. H2H is a completely different game.

I wouldn't touch H2H one off's with a bargepole, particularly for small stake short stacks. Might as well play coin flips for the money.
  • edited September 2009
    Interesting view, Elsa and not one I am against per se. The oe thing I would say is that heads-up poker is perhaps the most pure form of poker there is. If you consider that there's no collusion possible and you will gain ALL of the net result from your hard work tilting someone, setting them up, etc, it's actually an art in itself. Very different to six-max and full ring, but enjoyable if you understand it for what it is: a game where you really HAVE to play the player and not the cards.