You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I have to put him all in and he has to call?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
You've confused me Mr.Cure.

Your bet on the turn puts him all in...there is nothing left to "call" ??

Are you asking if you were right to put him in on the turn?

I would say yes.

Comments

• edited February 2011

Your opinions please

POST EDITED DUE TO SENILE MOMENT

Am I correct to put him all in here with pot odds for him to call.

Reads; to be blunt a station in most pots calling raises with A/K/Q rag connectors and anything suited, likes to jam the pot but never seen his hand when he has done this as player folded. I had a few pots earlier caught him out in a river bluff he made, so not sure if he would bluff again so soon.

Just add the very hand before I had KK busted with a small PP so was running bad which made making the push harder.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesnookergodSmall blind £0.05£0.05£9.65nsc01Big blind £0.10£0.15£3.43XXBig blind £0.10£0.25£4.90 Your hole cards1010   waynecRaise £0.50£0.75£19.50XXCall £0.40£1.15£4.50web1984Fold    1-on-uFold    snookergodFold    nsc01Fold    Flop  768   waynecBet £1.15£2.30£18.35XXCall £1.15£3.45£3.35Turn  A   waynecBet £3.45£6.90£14.90XXAll-in £3.35£10.25£0.00waynec??    
  • edited February 2011

In Response to Re: I have to call here dont't I?:

You've confused me Mr.Cure. Your bet on the turn puts him all in...there is nothing left to "call" ?? Are you asking if you were right to put him in on the turn? I would say yes.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sorry! having a bad bad day!!! wrote it so bad

Was I correct to put him all in with pot odds?         

• edited February 2011

Well when he flats the flop, what sort of hands do you put him on?

Will he call the flop with AK/AQ?

Obviously Ax of hearts he calls the flop, and Ace 6,7,8 gets there.

But any other 2 random hearts, 89,8T,8J,8Q,8K are some hands you can still be ahead of.....pocket 5's and pocket 9's maybe.

With under a pot sized bet left I'd just put it in and hope he doesnt have Ace X of hearts.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: I have to put him all in and he has to call?:
    Well when he flats the flop, what sort of hands do you put him on? Will he call the flop with AK/AQ? Obviously Ax of hearts he calls the flop, and Ace 6,7,8 gets there. But any other 2 random hearts, 89,8T,8J,8Q,8K are some hands you can still be ahead of.....pocket 5's and pocket 9's maybe. With under a pot sized bet left I'd just put it in and hope he doesnt have Ace X of hearts.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This guy calls every pre raise in any position with a wide range of very weak hands, hand selection is no way part of his game plan.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: I have to put him all in and he has to call? : This guy calls every pre raise in any position with a wide range of very weak hands, hand selection is no way part of his game plan.
    Posted by waynec
    But what about the flop?

What hands is he likely to have once he calls your bet on this flop?

Does he continue on 100% of flops too??? Does he never fold at all on any street????

If so easy shove
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: I have to put him all in and he has to call? : But what about the flop? What hands is he likely to have once he calls your bet on this flop? Does he continue on 100% of flops too??? Does he never fold at all on any street???? If so easy shove
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Very rare for him to fold the flop and even turn likes to chase A/K/Q draws str8 & flush he does not have concept of odds and so on. when I say station he is a main line one!
  • edited February 2011
    Wayne reading all this information dohhh has crammed out of you i think youve answered it yourself, you against a station get it in. If second pair isnt good you have 4 9's and 2 T's to hit.

Best of luck.
  • edited February 2011
    Wayne reading all this information dohhh has crammed out of you i think youve answered it yourself, you against a station get it in. If second pair isnt good you have 4 9's and 2 T's to hit. Best of luck.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Well he had A3, I suspected he had a rag A and my hand did not improve. I just wanted to confirm my play was correct or should I have checked when the A landed. Now if I check to the A I have to to fold to any bet, I had decided to call any bet so IMO I needed to get my chips in first. Do we agree with this mind set or was check fold a better play???
  • edited February 2011

The stack sizes make it easy. 

Bet.

If he was deeper than you, it's a different and harder situation though.
  • edited February 2011
    yea exactly what dohhh says.
  • edited February 2011
    If hes a loosey goosey, i check this flop, but ur bet would seem small normaly but its a good bet size against a short stacker .....but why bluff the turn reppin the A, (you cant be hoping he calls so thats why i call it a bluff) check turn and give up..........advice for ya never sit to the right of a short stacker NEVER
  • edited February 2011
    If hes a loosey goosey, i check this flop, but ur bet would seem small normaly but its a good bet size against a short stacker .....but why bluff the turn reppin the A, (you cant be hoping he calls so thats why i call it a bluff) check turn and give up..........advice for ya never sit to the right of a short stacker NEVER
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    LOL well if a short stack sits next to me I will ask him to move in future!

OK run the hand back how can we put him on a A, I suspected an A but this guy plays any 2 so he could be drawining or have a under pair to my Ts so the A is a scare card but I still have 2nd pair... what has he been calling the flop with and why??? You need to explain your reason to "give up" for me to understand where I went wrong? Its easy to comment when you know the result I need a view up to the turn, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: I have to put him all in and he has to call? : LOL well if a short stack sits next to me I will ask him to move in future! OK run the hand back how can we put him on a A, I suspected an A but this guy plays any 2 so he could be drawining or have a under pair to my Ts so the A is a scare card but I still have 2nd pair... what has he been calling the flop with and why??? You need to explain your reason to "give up" for me to understand where I went wrong? Its easy to comment when you know the result I need a view up to the turn, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    Posted by waynec
    u sound like a bloody bi*ch lol, if you get called by a short stacker you kno your not going to get value so thats the first reason not to get busy, theres two kind of short stackers loose playing every hand and the tight player who waits for the premium to hit and run with.  when you get called on a flop like that with a loose short stacker hes not going to be folding on other streets nearly never after commiting a chunk of his stack in the middle.

betting the A on the turn is not great as  you are turning your hand into a bluff! its best to check as ur out of possition, weak play but its awkward to play a shortie and its easy to lose the maximum against his winning hands a lot of the time. The main reason for checking the turn is to control the pot a little in relation to oppo stack size if you bet you can never fold therefore losing the maximum. See the river as cheap as you can fold turn if he shoves and river imo, but i guarantee hed min bet or summat soft. 

If a shortie sits to your left you need to leave the table, uno every bet you make pre hes liable to shove on you, if he calls its hard for you to c bet and not to commit yoursef........its a flippin nightmare  avoid it 100% trust me
  • edited February 2011
    He had less than a pot sized bet behind on the turn.

Stick him allin, if he has ace well unlucky, try bink the straight, next hand.

Did he have an ace hearts x hearts?